Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Can people give me some more information about this....

A few months ago I got a nice hard bump beneath my eye, and I had no idea what it was. After finally finding what it was, a nodule, i stopped touching it. Its getting smaller (i think) but it is still there with discoloration above it to remind me of it.

Then a few months later I have 2 new nodules in a day. One is humongous, and I can feel it over a large area, and it raised my skin and is discolring it severely.... The other one is also relativbely big but not anywhere near as large as the other.

I've been reading about nodules and I am getting freaked out. Scarring is common? They don't go away for months? I am fairly upset since...well..I don't want large holes in my face...and get rid of the noduels themselves.

What can I do to help get these nodules away? Do they really leave a lot of scarring??? Any advice really on this type of acne as I don't really see a lot of threads on this...thanks

i have a 2 of HUGE nodules (about the size of a pencil eraser) on the right side of my neck and a few on the left side(size of regular pimples) thats been there for months and the rest of my face is pretty clear. I know mines are nodules because my meds clear up everytihng but those. Also i don't think my nodules just appeard randomly but i think i irratated one of my existing pimple which lead it to become a nodule. I tried icing mine and it did make it a little smaller it doesnt do much. Now i just leave it alone compleatly

Probally the best thing to do is visit a derm and get accutaine or a cortazn shot. I would get it myself but i dont have health insurance. If whatever your using on your "nodules" have no effect on it but is clearing up other pimples and has lasted for more than a month or two then it might be a nodule. If you dont have severish acne and you dont pick at your face then you probally wont get them.

As for scars if they really are noduels then your probally will get scarring

Im don't know much about nodules other than i have them, so you should probally ask a derm for more info but whatever you do, do not touch, squeese or pop at all. All the stuff i know is from personal experance so it might not be accurate.

Anyway i really hope everytihng goes well for you!

My nodules hardly come to a head. They eventually go away. But mine takes months. However mine does not leave scars unless they come to a head like a cyst. It is hardly noticeable because there is no discolouration but I can feel the bump under my skin. Don't pick on it though. That will make things worse.

So I am wondering what the heck i have

Ive been reading that these bumps should feel inflaed but under the skin and should feel tender (pain) when they are touched.

Mine initially were painful for a day, but then they simply turn into hard bumps under the skin that are simply....hard bumps. They feel like nothing else than hard bumps. They don't feel inflamed or hurting (they are big though) but simpy bumps.

Are these nodules indeed? And I am not so prone to scarring, through all my past inexperienced popping I hardly ever scarred, does that mean I might just pull of not being scarred from these nodules or whatever they arE?

So I am wondering what the heck i have

Ive been reading that these bumps should feel inflaed but under the skin and should feel tender (pain) when they are touched.

Mine initially were painful for a day, but then they simply turn into hard bumps under the skin that are simply....hard bumps. They feel like nothing else than hard bumps. They don't feel inflamed or hurting (they are big though) but simpy bumps.

Are these nodules indeed? And I am not so prone to scarring, through all my past inexperienced popping I hardly ever scarred, does that mean I might just pull of not being scarred from these nodules or whatever they arE?

Mine is not tender to the touch. It is just a hard bump under my skin. At first it was at the surface but never came to a head. Then I was icing it and doing the Regimen. Now it is a really tiny bump under my skin. I hope it will go away completely soon.

I used to get those, they went away by themselves within a week or two. Something that helps to make them go away fast as an on-the-spot treatment is 100% pure tea tree oil. The same is true for any spot, just dab tea tree oil on and it should speed up recovery.

Also, I found that the number I used to get was significantly reduced by cutting dairy out from my diet. It was more or less a perfect correlation, where if I ate dairy, the next day or two a nodule would appear.

I've stopped them appearing at all now with Dans regimen, you may want to consider trying it, it really is as good as everyone says.

I've stopped them appearing at all now with Dans regimen, you may want to consider trying it, it really is as good as everyone says.

Hi, may I ask where "Dans regimen" can be found which you refer to above? Thanks so much. I'm new and trying to find help in many areas. I appreciate it greatly. :)