Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

So I had right by the top inside corner of my a little red bump that lasted weeks.

So one day I get this dark - slightly depressed area that start at where the bump was and it trails vertically up between my eyes to about the top of my eyebrows. It doesn't appear to be very deep at all but it is darker than my normal skin tone. In some light you can't hardly see it and in other light it looks like someone penciled a thick line between my eyes.

This scar is one week old. After reading this site I tried the Vineger method for a couple of days and I had previously bought the Zenmed Scar Treatment and used it the last two days. I've now red some info on Hydroquinone and see its just a hyperpigmentation treatment.

From what I have read so far it would appear that it is dark not because of hyperpigmentation but because the collagen breakdown I can now see the deeper layer of my skin underneath.

My question is what should I do to help it out or should I just let it heal naturally. The skin eraser from Zenmed says "The skin eraser’s powerful naturally-based ingredients absorb into your damaged skin and rebuild the tissue from the inside out"

I don't know if this is true or not but I don't think I need anything really for the color - I think that will change as it heals but what can I do to help it build the tissue back? Just exfoliate to help it to build new collagen? I bought some St. Ives. with soluable collagen as well - not sure if it will help.

I just want to do what's best for it right now as its in the beginning stages of healing without screwing it up - I've never has a scar like this before. I have had the same discoloration in a small circle around a zit before but I just leave it and its gone in a couple of months. This is pretty much the same but a little worse and created a line up from the area instead of just a small circle.

All you pros give a guy a hand! Thanks