Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Usually my acne tends to flare up quickly, and with a bit of spot treatment/popping, the acne goes away just as fast (though something's ALWAYS going on...).

Anyway, this time I've got 1 zit that's different. It's grown to about 4mm in diameter, round and red, but unusually it's developed no whitehead, so it's not easy to pop. Anyway it's really frustrating me because it's neither growing or shrinking... it's just there and won't f*** off.

So far I've tried smothering it with Finacea and 2.5%BP (sometimes both simultaneously), and doing nothing. In all cases the zit just sits there, no better, no worse. It's really pissing me off. It's been here almoist a week, when the regular lifespan from life --> death is a maximum of 4 days.

Would using 5%BP make a difference if 2.5% didn't? I could always try going at it with a metal skewer / pocket knife and hope for the best. It needs to die ASAP, so pls don't say just to "wait it out". I'm on 40mg of accutane/day, into the 6th or 7th week.

Thanks.

Actually even if you try to pop it at this point you will only be in a lot of pain. Is it very red or is it just a bump there with no redness? I hate to say this but you just have to keep spot treating it. What I do if a spot is so resistant is to spot treat it 4 times a day.

I know just what you're talking about. I used to get clusters of these. I call them devil zits. It's like the acne germ got smarter and mutated to form zits that were larger than any zits I'd ever had, painful, and pop-resistant. :evil: Sometimes these zits would come to a whitehead after awhile---and STILL not be popable! Talk about frustrating. You can really hurt yourself trying to pop these, so unfortunately, medicating and trying not to think about it is the best way. Otherwise it may leave a scar. Sorry. :cry:

Want some really bad news? I've had zits like this last for weeks. I also have a few acne bumps called nodules near my right temple. These never go away, and they occasionally get infected. They're like dormant volcanoes.

Anyway, be nice to this zit. Maybe give him a name. Just think you'd be the first person on the planet with a pet zit! Might as well have a sense of humor about it. You guys may be together for awhile. ;)

Debra

When and if it ever finally does come to a really good whitehead, you can try lancing it with a sterilized needle. See Dan's advice on "How to Pop a Zit."

Debra

Usually my acne tends to flare up quickly, and with a bit of spot treatment/popping, the acne goes away just as fast (though something's ALWAYS going on...).

Anyway, this time I've got 1 zit that's different. It's grown to about 4mm in diameter, round and red, but unusually it's developed no whitehead, so it's not easy to pop. Anyway it's really frustrating me because it's neither growing or shrinking... it's just there and won't f*** off.

So far I've tried smothering it with Finacea and 2.5%BP (sometimes both simultaneously), and doing nothing. In all cases the zit just sits there, no better, no worse. It's really pissing me off. It's been here almoist a week, when the regular lifespan from life --> death is a maximum of 4 days.

Would using 5%BP make a difference if 2.5% didn't? I could always try going at it with a metal skewer / pocket knife and hope for the best. It needs to die ASAP, so pls don't say just to "wait it out". I'm on 40mg of accutane/day, into the 6th or 7th week.

Thanks.

I had one like that its still here but has definitely shrunk in size but it took a long time.

i have the same kind of acne so i have experience...don't try to pop it and touch it, or it will spread and youll have many of them. They can scar easy so just leave it and it will go away faster trust me