Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
recon440

What kind of acne am I dealing with (HR photos)

It seems that I'm starting to get a grip on it with my acne situation with a regimen of doxycycline 100mg twice a day and a topical benzoyl peroxide cream applied before sleep.

The place Im plagued primarily is on the forehead with light appearances on the temple region.

Only under pure white light or under light that casts shadows is the acne very visible.

The acne is in the form of MANY bumps (I can't even count them). There is no pain when I apply pressure. There doesn't appear to be any terrible discoloration either.

Any ideas on this? Permanent?

Here are some pictures.

#1 The acne from the front (doesn't look too bad I suppose)

#2, #3 illustrate how visible the acne is from a profile when light hits it

#4 The acne is not visible under a yellow light (ie. from a flash)

I can't say I have been truly clean but it's definalely manageable with a zit popping a couple of times a month (it always starts under the skin). I don't have any acne anywhere else on my face.

Thanks for any advice.

post-74009-1207089410_thumb.jpg

post-74009-1207089417_thumb.jpg

post-74009-1207089425_thumb.jpg

post-74009-1207089433_thumb.jpg

post-74009-1207089410_thumb.jpg

post-74009-1207089417_thumb.jpg

post-74009-1207089425_thumb.jpg

post-74009-1207089433_thumb.jpg

You have probably heard it before but if you only get it on your forehead it may be your hair causing some of the acne, it does look like mild acne, certainly not permanent!

The antibiotics will help and I'm sure the BP will too but taking up a new shampoo might have some effect, head and shoulders is good, I myself have quite 'greasy' hair - head and shoulders helped a lot.

To get the hair of the face, try going for a spikey fringe style.

Think David Boreanaz/Angel from Buffy The Vampire Slayer. :)

you lucky bastards and your normal shaped foreheads...

i have like a frankenstein head. i seem to be growing into it, but gattdamn is it annoying always having to have emo bangs.

I have a huge forehead. I never keep bangs. I am a girl. I am my hairstylist's nightmare. LOL. Whatever he does I look funny without bangs and yet I insist on not having bangs. I'd rather not have acne on my forehead than cover up my forehead.

If it helps any I think guys still look good even with huge foreheads. It all depends on your haircut and the way you style it. (I mean without covering your forehead)