Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
roxy250

? on sugar and salt.

so my diet changes have gotten me really clear but not 100% clear yet.. I try to have wheat free pasta and breads as much as possible but i wont hesitate to eat stoneground whole wheat bread or flax bread with wheat glutenwhich is very healthy and in my opinion wont cause me any breakouts. The thing is the 100% organic sprouted wheat bread that I buy has raisons in it and 5 grams of sugar in the bread and aswell as sea salt..and in my raw unsalted almond butter it has a few grams of sugar aswell.. Is it ok to have a little sugar like this in my diet without causing any breakouts? so far for weeks ive been fine maybe im just overreacting.

Stay away from high carb foods.... Go on a low carb diet and try to stay below 40grams a day.

Bread no matter what it is made from has to many carbs. Carbs = sugar.

Considering sugar try stevia, or a sugar free alternative. Stevia is the best option since it is a herb, the artificial sugar might do more harm then good in the long run.

that was bad advice. please only people that know what there talking about comment on this post.

i didn't say i want to stop eating bread. i said does this small amount of sugar or sea salt have any effect on acne. I avoid all other processed sugar anyway. Through my bread,almond butter, and fruits is where i get my sugar.

IFeelBroken did not give bad advise and was only trying to help out a fellow sufferer. Bread is not consumed in any appreciable amount by the Kitavans or the Ache who have ZERO acne. Pretty much all grains and breads have a fairly high GI and "whole" grains don't change it very much. Many people are helped immensely on a low-carb diet.

With that out of the way, if the diets working for you, then you probably don't have to go as far as cutting out bread unless you want to try to reach 100%. That small amount of sugar probably won't cause breakouts, but all the carbs in the breads are likely to spike your blood sugar pretty fast which can affect acne. In other words, if you switched to a whole grain bread with less or no sugar (if there are any), the affect of the bread would probably not differ whether it hurts it or not. Same goes with the butter, which is much less likely to have a negative effect.

The few grams of added sugar in your bread and almond butter are fine. It's the gluten-free and stoneground bread that are much, much more likely to break you out.

how do u manage to stay below 40grams a day

do you just eat meat and water everyday.

my bagel has 40grams or carbs in it

We all have different skins though , many bread don't give acne...

I stopped eating wheat and i still get acne.

even if i eat foods with wheat flour still same,, i don't get worse..