Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
dis

How long for food to trigger breakouts

How long for breakouts to form after you've had breakout-inducing foods?

Is it same-day, within hours?

It's hard to tell which foods cause my acne if I can't time the breakouts.

If I eat dairy, I personally see a breakout anywhere from 20-45 minutes after consuming it. I cannot get myself to stop eating dairy though. I love it too much

If I eat dairy, I personally see a breakout anywhere from 20-45 minutes after consuming it. I cannot get myself to stop eating dairy though. I love it too much

If I eat nuts of any kind, peanut butter or ham or sausage I will have problems about 1 to 2 weeks after and only on my neck. Elf

It does seem to vary person to person and also depends on the food; but as a general guideline if you want to test something it's best to eat a moderate amount of it on an empty stomach if possible and wait 72 hours and see if you notice any changes in that time period.

haha i get break out of no where when i eat certain foods...

I don't know which foods gives me acne but i still eat it!! :D

but is rare that i get red spot when i eat something

I do get small small acne can't see it at all but i use flash light to see if i got small acne on my face

it has the skin color too.. when i see one that means it will form but takes for ever lol

It all depends on the person, differant food allergies are unique for everyone. For me personally, i dont eat ANY dairy, i might have an egg or two once a week at the most. But milk, cheese, butter, cream anything dairy, i beleive makes me break out within 48 hours.

Just make sure you eat a lot of organic veggies. What does your diet consist of during a three day period?

Sugar is the worst, for me anyway. If I eat anything sugary I can feel my face get tingly within a few minutes and new pimples form about three or so hours later. The sensation can last a few days though.

Any time I breakout I suspect something I either ate that day or over the past week. I weeded out broccoli and brussels sprouts by paying close attention to this and it helped me quite a bit.

Well I had 6-7 mcflurry's in 2 days and broke out like crazy. So it must only be certain foods that take 2 weeks to appear on your face.

If I eat gluten or regular pasterized milk, I break out within hours.

If I have a day where I splurge on carbs, then I usually break out for the next 1-2 days.

If I have milk, butter, or anything with a high-sugar content, I will notice a difference in the way I look and feel within the same day. However, acne will appear sometime within the following 3 days. Three days is about the time I notice a good supplement or perfect eating/exercising day taking effect also.

My skin starts itching and becoming red within an hour, like Molly said...The last time I noticed this, I had just come home from a long day of work, and my parents had made pizza (this was before I was implementing dietary/lifestyle changes, btw). So I ate like, a quarter of one of the pizzas, then had one of those ice cream cones that are coated in chocolate and drizzled with peanuts. Those things have like, 80% saturated fat, and 35 g of sugar. In an hour or two I was itching like CRAZY. Next morning, skin was broken out.

Play it safe with the foods you eat. If you go nuts and eat a bunch of sugar, it's not going to tell you how your body relates to sugar as well as if you eat it in moderation. There's a line everyone can and can't cross.