Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Geronimo

Differin Gel + PanOxyl Acne Wash

Hey everyone, I'm new here. I'm a guy and I'm 21. I've had acne since I was about 15 or 16.

I'm on Differin Gel (0.1%) and the antibiotic Doxycycline Hyclate (100MG) at the moment.

I started using this in July of last year. I had moderate to severe acne on my face and neck and pretty bad acne on my chest. The treatment cleared it all up within 3-4 months or so.

But then like an idiot, I got lazy and stopped using the Differin Gel for about a month or two and I started breaking out on my face and neck again. And then my chest just all of a sudden broke out like hell and even spread to my shoulders and back.

So now here I am, with acne on my face, neck, chest, shoulders and back. I started using the Differin Gel consistently now on the affected areas and I can see it starting to work a little.

Here's my issue. I bought PanOxyl Foaming Acne Wash (benzoyl peroxide 10%) today, but I haven't used it.

I want to know if its safe to use the PanOxyl while I'm using Differin Gel? Well it make the acne worse? Should I only use it on my neck, chest and back and not on my face?

Do any of you have any experience with using PanOxyl at the same time with Differin Gel?

Any advice or general tips would be great, thanks.

A BP wash is fine while on Differin. My doctor instructed me to use a BP wash (3.5% or Less because I'm sensitive), rinse thoroughly and then apply a pea-sized amount of differin with a light moisturizer. It seems to work very well. I do think the 10% might be overdoing it, but if you have more resistant skin, then I'd say tr it once and see if you have any irritation. I mix my differin gel with a moisturizer or serum to cut back on irritation and I still get the full effects. It might be worth doing it that way before you work your way back up to full strength.