Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Hey everyone. I am having a really difficult time covering up my redmarks left over from my old severe acne. My acne is gone now, so I dont have to worry about bumps anymore.

Shouldnt makeup be able to cover these up completely!? Its a smooth surface, and cant makeup help with discoloration?

I am currently using Este Lauder (Double Wear...or something like that haha) Foundation and Concealer, and also BareEssentuals. I know this is a lot, so why isnt it covering up my redmarks?

I apply my makeup but the marks still shine through purpley. Please help, my redmarks are worse than you probably imagine ):

Some makeup suggestions or tips would be greatly appreciated. :pray:

Maybe you should be worrying more about how to make them fade than how to cover them up, they won't go away very fast =\ and putting a lot of makeup on will only aggravate your skin.

Notwithstanding, perhaps you should use a lighter shade on your red marks, lighter than your other makeup. It's all about trial and error, my last makeup used to make me look extremely tan. It was awful.

Honestly the only foundation I have found that covers my redmarks completely and doesn't just make them "purple marks", is Joppa mineral makeup. I've tried their full coverage formula and the morning dew, both formulas cover very well (if applied correctly) without concealer. However, by the end of the day some of my spots are showing again, I haven't figured out how to improve the staying power.

If you want to stick with makeup you can buy in a store, Revlon Age Defying Concealer works well if applied with a concealer brush. Good luck!

maybe try a full coverage foundation?

Is there one you could recommend that doesnt clog pores? And that is maybe sold at department stores, i dont believe in drugstores! :redface:

maybe try a full coverage foundation?

Is there one you could recommend that doesnt clog pores? And that is maybe sold at department stores, i dont believe in drugstores! :redface:

there are two things from dermablend that you could try. the thing with dermablend is that you look flawless when you put it on, but it's not going to look good after a few hours. because the coverage is so good, it's a little bit drying. when it starts to dry your skin out, the coverage gets messed up. best for wearing for only four, maybe five hours at a time.

1. quick-fix concealer

creme; maximum coverage; comes off after it dries out.

2. smooth indulgence concealer

liquid; easy to apply, maximum coverage, makes red look purple when it dries out.

there are two things from dermablend that you could try. the thing with dermablend is that you look flawless when you put it on, but it's not going to look good after a few hours. because the coverage is so good, it's a little bit drying. when it starts to dry your skin out, the coverage gets messed up. best for wearing for only four, maybe five hours at a time.

1. quick-fix concealer

creme; maximum coverage; comes off after it dries out.

2. smooth indulgence concealer

liquid; easy to apply, maximum coverage, makes red look purple when it dries out.

one trick i used to use is going to the tanning salon .....i had red marks all over both cheeks and so when i wanted it to camouflage them i would go to the tanning salon and get a sunburn on both cheeks......it gives u a rosy glow and since all of the skin is red u cant see the red marks:) if i was too burned i would use some light concealor and light powder to whiten it up......

to rid urself of red marks for reals though u need laser surgery.....fraxel

I have struggled with how to cover up red marks. Now keep in mind this has worked for me, but I don't really recommend doing it all the time. If I was going somewhere and wanted to look picture perfect (hiding red marks on both cheeks) I would start out w/ Neutrogena Skinclearing foundation, MAC compact powder, and MAC blush in either Plum Foolery or Margin. I've heard of how MAC is supposed to be awful for your skin, but like I said I did this for special occasions when I wanted to conceal everything. At the end of the day, I will say my face felt really cakey and gross, But the things we'll do for beauty.

If you find something better that can be used on a regular basis please do share as I know mine is just a quick fix!

one trick i used to use is going to the tanning salon .....i had red marks all over both cheeks and so when i wanted it to camouflage them i would go to the tanning salon and get a sunburn on both cheeks......it gives u a rosy glow and since all of the skin is red u cant see the red marks:) if i was too burned i would use some light concealor and light powder to whiten it up......

to rid urself of red marks for reals though u need laser surgery.....fraxel

I suggest trying as many foundation as possible, powder, crean, liquid and concealer! I think you will find the best one finally. Other people can only give you suggestions but you have to put it on your face to see! Don't buy any product if you are not sure, esp the expesive ones, just ask for samples from BA.

here is info on the MAC powder:

http://www.maccosmetics.com/templates/prod...UCT_ID=PROD1379

here is info on the Neutrogena foundation:

http://neutrogena.com/CosmeticsDetails_1.a...CFR4ViQod1APEtg

here is info on the MAC blush:

http://www.maccosmetics.com/templates/prod...UCT_ID=PROD1460

For me personally, I think that blush helped cover my acne marks better. I think it depends on the severity and color of you scarring.

I agree with piniu. This is only a suggestion based on what works for me.

Hopefully you find what works for you!

here is info on the MAC powder:

http://www.maccosmetics.com/templates/prod...UCT_ID=PROD1379

here is info on the Neutrogena foundation:

http://neutrogena.com/CosmeticsDetails_1.a...CFR4ViQod1APEtg

here is info on the MAC blush:

http://www.maccosmetics.com/templates/prod...UCT_ID=PROD1460

For me personally, I think that blush helped cover my acne marks better. I think it depends on the severity and color of you scarring.

I agree with piniu. This is only a suggestion based on what works for me.

Hopefully you find what works for you!

I have exactly the same problem! I still apply the concealer knowing it does next to nothing for my scars for some reason. :confused: I'm going to try a heavier concealer, like cream or something. The one I'm using now is from everydayminerals.

Just wondering, how are you applying the foundation? Are you using a brush, or a sponge, or your fingers, or what? Because that actually makes a lot of difference for coverage.

I've found that I get the best coverage if I use a synthetic foundation brush and apply the makeup using small dabs, and then blend it with another round of dabs once everything is covered. I don't get great results with my fingers or a makeup sponge, since those methods seem to push the makeup around rather than layering it evenly.

I also use a matching finishing powder. If there are any really stubborn spots peaking through, I apply some of this with a concealer brush before using it on the rest of my face (very lightly, just to set everything) with a kabuki brush.