Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I've had light to moderate acne since high school and still have it at 19 so recently I've been looking into some possible changes I could make to get rid of the pimples. I have never consistently used a moisturizer and consequently my skin (in the affected area) is dry but I always took this as a sign of the medicine at work and have grown used to the feeling; so much so that when I do try moisturizers I feel that the medicine isn't working and any resulting breaking outs were caused by it. Does using a moisturizer make a large difference in whether you break out or not, or is it used mainly to make your skin feel better?

Thanks for any input.

I think it depends on the moisturizer and the individual. A lot of moisturizers personally break me out because I have both dry and sensitive skin. Moisturizers are meant to help in repairing the skin or something I dont know.

To me moisturiser is just to make my skin feel better. So my skin is not so dry but it doesn't help with reducing acne.

I use a mosituriser about once every 5 days or so before i go to bed. I wake up, then wash it off in the shower the next morning. My skin is fine for about a week then starts to get a little dry, then i repeat.

I'm defiently the only person i know that does that though.

i jsut use a moisturizer to make my skin look and feel better. ... When i use topicals my face gets dry and usually hurts. That is why i apply moisturizer.