Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

well i have never post but today i am so mad and depressed i thought i'd vent. i am 23 and in the marines acne has ruined my life...i never had it in high school it only came when i turned like 19. i have suffered horribly and i don't know what else to do. i just want to hide in a hole and wait til i out grow it....well that wont happen because i have to eat...which apparently my diet contributes to acne.....so instead i go to work and hang out with a bunch of arrogant clear faced assholes who take it for granted and have nothing but smart ass things to say like...whoa someone got their ass kicked by the pimple ninja last night...or let me pop your twin brother on your face....what i wouldn't give to be able to be myself....the person god made me ...well i guess he made me this person...my faith is shot.....i keep telling myself the better the person i am i will be rewarded with good skin...well thats shit because i dont harm a fly and i help out when i can...and i wake up the same...go to work with people who dont do shit and they dont even have to use a face wash....meanwhile i have to watch what i eat and avoid mirrors...hang my head....manage to shave everyday....this blows.....i started the weekend with a positive attitude only to end in a majo r breakout...it consumes my thoughts every second........every mirror i look in my scars lookdifferent...i dont know which one to believe....i know every mirror in this town and how its going to make me feel....i sometims drive to food lion or blockbuster just to use the bathroom and get a little happy....like i said it was not always like this...i am married but seperated...i married a model....beautiful...but i forced her out of my life because she said i had no emotion i did not listen i was always upset and i was lazy...well i'm none of those...i just have acne...but i never let her know it was that....i cant look anyone in the eye....i hang my head and i feel most comfortable by myself in the dark....i was clear after iraq the 2nd time...then it came back full circle..i want to disappear.......................................................................

.....................................................................what frustrates me the most is no one cares..they say its not a big deal...well i want to know wht the fuck...how can we do some things..how can we transplant vital organs....like hearts and kidneys...how can we..build satelites and link internet connections in outer space...how can we shoot a laser into someones eye and correct their vision..but we can find a cure for a CLOGGED PORE....fuck you thats bull shit.....you can tell i'm upset...i am just venting..i don;t know if anyone will read this but i had to get it off my chest...sorry if i offended anyone...and i hate punctuation as you can tell.......thanks for listening........ :boohoo:

Welcome!

Check out the stickies in each section you'll find out heaps to help clear your skin.

I might as well have posted this topic myself. I know exactly how you feel, my friend. My advice is to see a dermatologist. You'll find something that will work, at least for a while.

Didn't read the whole post..... but I know how you feel.

Some people don't care. That's ok.

Welcome to the world, nice to see you! ^_^

thanks for all the positive replies...so lets see where im at today...i woke up and :snooty: no no no..still feel the same...i am stressed..stress causes acne...stress causes me to smoke...smoking causes acne...i stop smoking this increases apetite...food...well most of it i enjoy causes acne...so i instead lay in bed on the internet...this could very well cause acne who knows...not being active does cause acne...ahhh the viscious cycle...i just wish someone could find the cure....i'd give life savings and al my possessions and get kicked out on the street just to start over with clear skin....well they would have to take my debt too...lets not get carried away here......

Everyone here knows how you feel...because you have never had any skin problems you probably dont know how best to help yourself. There are many treatments which can and probably will greatly help you.

HOWEVER...

If you dont mind me asking.. what were you like before you had this problem? You joined the marines....could it be that before you developed acne that you were an "arrogant clear faced asshole". If this was happening to another one of your "buddies" and not yourself would you be the one cracking jokes if only to fit in and appear popular?

Iam not trying to get at you, just wondering.

Theres nothing like acne for stimulating a little self reflection.

Anyhow, you served in iraq and acne is the only problem that you've been left with. As im sure you know, you're luckier than many other people in this world. The acne will go sooner or later.

About your faith, God has a reason for everything. I'm not going to try and play God here, but maybe he gave you acne to show you that the people you're hanging around aren't the people you should be hanging around. Does your wife even know of this problem? (if she doesn't, you should tell her.) If your wife doesn't accept you because of your acne, then maybe she's not the one for you?

maybe your right i was clear faced asshole but not arrogant and i never made fun of people...just not my style...but as for self reflection that is very true...

Everyone here knows how you feel...because you have never had any skin problems you probably dont know how best to help yourself. There are many treatments which can and probably will greatly help you.

HOWEVER...

If you dont mind me asking.. what were you like before you had this problem? You joined the marines....could it be that before you developed acne that you were an "arrogant clear faced asshole". If this was happening to another one of your "buddies" and not yourself would you be the one cracking jokes if only to fit in and appear popular?

Iam not trying to get at you, just wondering.

Theres nothing like acne for stimulating a little self reflection.

Anyhow, you served in iraq and acne is the only problem that you've been left with. As im sure you know, you're luckier than many other people in this world. The acne will go sooner or later.

maybe..and yes the wife knows and she is fine with it but i'm not fine with letting her spend her life with someone who acts like i do...she does not know why i act like i do because i told her to leave and we were not meant for each other...truth is i act this way cuz of the acne..and i do love her and miss her everyday..that causes acne to prolly. but i will never tellher that..i dont want her pity...

About your faith, God has a reason for everything. I'm not going to try and play God here, but maybe he gave you acne to show you that the people you're hanging around aren't the people you should be hanging around. Does your wife even know of this problem? (if she doesn't, you should tell her.) If your wife doesn't accept you because of your acne, then maybe she's not the one for you?

maybe..and yes the wife knows and she is fine with it but i'm not fine with letting her spend her life with someone who acts like i do...she does not know why i act like i do because i told her to leave and we were not meant for each other...truth is i act this way cuz of the acne..and i do love her and miss her everyday..that causes acne to prolly. but i will never tellher that..i dont want her pity...

Sometimes paragraphs are your best friend, my friend..

:)

Is he being marked for his punctuation and grammar? I think not. Instead of posting insignificant crap like that try posting something that will really help him.

Is he being marked for his punctuation and grammar? I think not. Instead of posting insignificant crap like that try posting something that will really help him.

Oh, I'm sorry I didn't realize it was that time of the month for you. Would you like to re-schedule your appointment to one week from today? ;)

PS: Yes, he is being marked for his punctuation and grammar. So think again. Oh, and I would try posting something that would really help him if I didn't have to risk going blind attempting to read his post. :)

Anyways, its amazing how caught up people are in appearance. I know first hand. I was very upset with how my life turned out. I have had severe acne and now i have bad scarring. I was pissed at the world and couldn't understand why i had it so bad.

Well a long night of listening to the Dark side of the moon \ The Wall and some not so legal substances. Something about the way Pink Floyd explains life just made sense. Its all illusion, the closer you get to the meaning the sooner you know your dreaming.

Anyways all we are is memory, when we die its all we take with us. I cant stress enough how happiness is a state of mind. So if you change your mind, you change your life.

Sounds like you should do some serious soul searching. I would suggest Eckhart Tolle or Deepak Chopra. Or even check out Bill Hicks comedy stand up, its great.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=13...h&plindex=1

Anyways, its amazing how caught up people are in appearance. I know first hand. I was very upset with how my life turned out. I have had severe acne and now i have bad scarring. I was pissed at the world and couldn't understand why i had it so bad.

Well a long night of listening to the Dark side of the moon \ The Wall and some not so legal substances. Something about the way Pink Floyd explains life just made sense. Its all illusion, the closer you get to the meaning the sooner you know your dreaming.

Anyways all we are is memory, when we die its all we take with us. I cant stress enough how happiness is a state of mind. So if you change your mind, you change your life.

Sounds like you should do some serious soul searching. I would suggest Eckhart Tolle or Deepak Chopra. Or even check out Bill Hicks comedy stand up, its great.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=13...h&plindex=1