Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Guest maq

Thinking about starting the "regimen"

Guest maq

Hi guys. I'm 21 years old, but my acne could probably be regarded as teenage since my facial hair isn't fully developed yet. I've had acne since I was 15. The weird thing is, it got better as I got older but from about a year and a half ago it's gotten really bad. I never would have cared enough to try to find treatments but now I do. On the right side of my face I've got big spots that seem localised to one particular area. That's not to say I don't get spots elsewhere on my face, but these ones on the right are particularly bad. I get spots on my forehead next to never but this week I manged three across in a line which look ridiculous haha. I also sometimes get a few in middle chest area.

Anyway, I haven't seen a doctor or anybody yet. To get to the point, today I bought myself some panoxyl aquagel (2.5 benzol peroxide) and a moisturizer though I'm skeptical about bleaching my face. Plus it seems that this stuff is for generally more oily skin - I think my skin-type is dry. Also, apparently this stuff makes your skin worse from the get-go and I don't wanna be overconcerned with skin over the next month since it's exam season.

Thoughts? How have you guys faired with the "regimen"? You think I should use it even though my skin is dryer than it is oily? Cheers!

Maybe you could return the bar or give it to a family member who has oily skin :lol: You can buy Dans bp or NeoBenz Micro which youd have to see a dermatologist and get a prescription from. Good luck with whatever you decide to do