Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Flawless

Someone help accutane - Feel like crying . :(

I have severe acne with bad scarring. I feel like a monster and I'm only 16. I've been prescribed Accutane ... but Ive had to hold off going on it because I have to get a blood test to prove im not pregnant 2 days before my period ...and I keep messing up because theres not way I can know when its going to come because its irregular. And the whole thing is so STUPID because im NOT pregnant im a f*** virgin and they still make me go through all this crap.

Anyways, my mom keeps telling me how bad my skin looks which is making me feel worse, she looks at it up close which makes me really self concious, i dont like anyone looking at my face up close and tells me im getting scars and saying im not following my skin regimen (no cream helps!!) ...she makes me feel like its something im doing wrong. ive asked her to stop, im going on accutane in a couple weeks but she still looks at me that way. Ive mostly resorted to just hiding in my room. I dont see any of my friends anymore cuz i cant stand ppl looking at my face up close.

and the sad thing is, people said i was beautiful before i got acne. now, its like no one cares about me anymore. its affected me mentally/emotionally. even when it does clear on the accutane, ill probably still have scars.

How did u deal with the emotions of severe acne? Sorry for venting this is just 1 of my bad days.

People that don't see through your acne don't deserve to be your friend in the first place. You will always be pretty, even more so when your acne clears which it will do eventually. You may have some scarring but it will be only you that actually cares about, or notices it and the scars will improve with time also.

Sorry about your parents, my dad usually says how my skin is improving etc but when I went home for the easter holidays last week he looked at my face and just turned away without saying anything lol (recent breakout).

I spent many days loathing myself and making things worse by becoming anti-social around the ages of 17-19 and it was the biggest mistake I ever made. Accutane will hopefully clear you up, please try your best to keep it together during this period. Things will only get better from this day onwards.

hey guess what I can talk to you based on experience. i was 16 with bad acne, m mother always did the same thing and always acted like its my fault my acne gets so bad. You didn't mention anything about friends, but lemme tell you what my friends did about my acne, they took a picture of my fucked up face on a camera fone, and put it on a dating website behind my back. Anyway I was 16, bad acne, i stopped going out, i was parandoid I was a loser, Accutane made things really tough. I had no friends, it sucked. But hey 2 yrs passed, im sorry I was actually 16 when i had bad acne but 17 when i started tane. My acne was bad, and tane was as tough as it can get on me with bad side effects and acne not getting better until the very end. Anyway 2 yrs have passed, im now 19, and guess what? Imet new friends go out with new people, my acne is completely gone and over with, no traces of it, and anytime im feeling insecure today, its un acne related.

Listen try and chin up, but as down and out as you can get now, very soon from now things will be very different, and you'll be well past and over this stage. Listen i dont know how tough accutane might be for you, for me it was very tough, but i hung in there and it paid off. Im a guy so i dint have to go through the whole pregnancy issue, however my insurance company gave us a problem they didn't want to cover me unless we sent them pictures of my face to prove it was bad enough for the drug, so we did that, but it was embarrasing having my father take the pix of me and shit, and my father got all technical about it, so he had to take like 20 pictures and make a fuckin photo shoot out of it and pick out the worst ones with my mother as they voted for the most fucked up looking pix. I'll actually laugh now lookin back, but then it wasn't funny. Anyway, im alil older than you, but when i was your age beleive me i was down and out with this and its all good now in terms of skin wise.

just hang in there.

20 pictures and make a fuckin photo shoot out of it and pick out the worst ones with my mother as they voted for the most fucked up looking pix.

Harsh, this would be with me for life. Lol...

Hey, keep your chin up, things won't always seem as bad as they are right now. You are going to be on accutane shortly and that should take care of your acne and keep it away for awhile or possibly clear you for life. Once you have finished your course you will start to feel more confident and get your self-esteem back slowly but surely.

Also, I agree with the posters that talked about your friends not getting in contact with you anymore. If your friends really do care about you then they will still be your friends no matter what shit you are going through.

20 pictures and make a fuckin photo shoot out of it and pick out the worst ones with my mother as they voted for the most fucked up looking pix.

Harsh, this would be with me for life. Lol...

lol now its just something i laugh at. I actually still have the pix in my house, and it is fucking bad! The pics were close ups so it made my face look even worse.