Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
MasterCheif

My skin refuses to heal itself!

I have no clue why but my skin is refusing to heal itself. On Thursday night I picked some spots, 3 of which were on my chin and it still looks like I've just picked them! Even after a night of picking by morning the redness would've gone and normally by now they would be a scab but they're not. My only logical theory as to why this is happening is that I did an egg yolk mask on Wednesday which has really helped with my dryness but is it possible it caused my skin to stop repairing itself?

Please, please, please, I need some help to get my skin back to normal, I can't go out with what looks like freshly picked spots!

Are the spots raw or bleeding? You might have picked the skin to a level that caused more damage than you have done in the past. I doubt the egg mask contributed much to it, although I guess anything is possible.

Do you have any neosporin? You might try applying a bit of neosporin cream to the spots or some aquaphor or vaseline. This will help soothe the spots and reduce irritation.

And don't pick them anymore!!!!! :naughty:

Maybe you should leave your skin alone for a week or so. My skin always gets back to normal when I leave it alone.

Are the spots raw or bleeding? You might have picked the skin to a level that caused more damage than you have done in the past.

They look raw, not as much as they did yesterday but they're defiantly not bleeding. I've picked harder in the past, but they look more like I've smacked my face on the floor, they weren't even big spots! You're right on the not picking at them anymore, if this becomes usual I'll be scared to pick! I did another egg yolk mask last week but my most recent one has seemed to work best, speaking of masks I'm going to do an aspirin mask tonight, some exfoliation may help.

Are the spots raw or bleeding? You might have picked the skin to a level that caused more damage than you have done in the past.

They look raw, not as much as they did yesterday but they're defiantly not bleeding. I've picked harder in the past, but they look more like I've smacked my face on the floor, they weren't even big spots! You're right on the not picking at them anymore, if this becomes usual I'll be scared to pick! I did another egg yolk mask last week but my most recent one has seemed to work best, speaking of masks I'm going to do an aspirin mask tonight, some exfoliation may help.

I would NOT exfoliate them or use asprin mask on them that soon. It will probably just impair the healing process. Instead, get some neosporin cream or aquaphor/vaseline from the drug store and apply that a couple times a day.

Seriously, you need to listen to willow. No extra stuff right now.

Gentle cleansing and neosporin. Well balanced diet including vitamin C, zinc and adequate protein. Keep the glycemic load low. Plenty of water. Plenty of sleep. Surgeons have known this stuff about wound healing for years. Trust me.

Another consideration - are you sensitive to eggs? The egg white mask may have actually irritated the open areas.

Another consideration - are you sensitive to eggs? The egg white mask may have actually irritated the open areas.

Nope, I've eaten tonnes in the past and not once had a reaction. You're probably right about skipping the aspirin mask,