Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Hi Everyone,

I've seen a lot of posts about using jojoba oil and I was wondering about a couple things: What ratio of jojoba oil to water/lotion do you all use? Do you apply jojoba oil every day(I'm talking specifically about it as a facial moisturizer) or just a once weekly kinda of thing? Sorry if this is redundant but it would be great to have some feedback! I want to start using the jojoba oil tonight!

Thanks! ;)

I don't think I've ever heard of anyone diluting jojoba oil with water. Mixing it with another lotion or aloe vera is quite common (generally you put a few drops of it in with whatever your other substance is and mix in your palm), but you don't need to dilute it to apply it safely to the skin--it's not irritating like essential oils or tea tree oil. If you're just using it straight, start by applying a few drops to your face and add more as you need.

thanks for the feedback!

wow--sorry that was a major stupidity on my part---oil and water not so much---but thanks anyway for overlooking that and replying... :doh:

I tried a couple drops last night(put directly on my face, gently) and this morning my acne/red spots looked less red and irritated. In general my skin definitely feels nice and moisturized! I am excited to add this to my routine, thanks to you both! CAKD--I am going to try your jojoba mask soon too...

Hi Elisabeth,

I'm an avid jojoba oil user! It's my only moisturizer, and I slather it freely on my face, morning and night. I use it undiluted, and apply directly after washing and drying. It's greasy for about 15 mins, then soaks in and looks and feels matte and smooth. I've been doing this for about 6 weeks and my skin looks better than it has in months! Needless to say, I'm pretty happy with it. Every once in a while I'll (very) sparingly apply some BP after the oil has soaked in for a few minutes.

I do, however, have really dry and sensitive skin, so maybe take my experience with a grain of salt. Starting with a few drops and then increasing as needed is probably the best advice. :) But just in case you're wondering how far people take it and have success, I'm probably on the far end. :) (I heart jojoba...!)

Good luck!

Thanks, that's really encouraging! I'm pretty excited to simplify my routine and just using jojoba oil as one few of the products...hopefully it will continue to go well.

I love jojoba oil. I mentioned in another post that I use it to shave. It provides a nice glide and leaves my face hydrated and really smooth.

I also use it as a moisturizer. I read from a few posters that oils dont moisturize, I laughed because 3 drops of jojoba oil moisturizes my skin better than any thick cream moisturizer.

I actually use Suki's Moisture Serum. Basically its jojoba oil, but it includes some extracts that are naturally anti-bacterial and good against acne, like blue chamomile. I would recommend it, but either way, jojoba oil is great. Hope it works good for you :)