Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Piroshky

Differin + Clindamycin

Sorry for all the threads! I know they're popping up and seem pretty unnecessary, however I've been digesting large amounts of retan. information and have had questions bouncing in and out of my head for most of the day.

So here goes:

I've been prescribed Clindamycin (.1) & Differin (.1), and have been told that I could use BP with Clindamycin (that's exact derm words, vague I know). So-

1. Do I apply Clindamycin all over?

2. Do I use it with BP?

3. Should I begin using these two (Clind @ AM, Differin @ PM) every other day, with the other days with my normal BP regimen for a week or so, and then switch?

4. For Differin, how do I apply it? I see "pea sized blob" everywhere, however do you just slightly dot that around and then rub it in? It seems like that wouldn't be enough to cover my whole face.

5. Should I apply Differin tonight, or what to apply Clindamycin in the morning and then Differin that night?

6. Is this sunscreen do-able with Differin? "Banana Boat - Sensitive Skin Plus - Non-Irritating/Hypoallergenic Fragrance-Free/ SPF 30"

I might add more, thanks for your help so far! Let's hope this works :dance:

hi..

i've been using differin .1 and clindamycin as well for the past week and a half. (no bp, extremely allergic!)

here is my routine:

am:

01) wash with gentle cleanser (i am using cetaphil)

02)pat dry, and apply clindamycin. ifind it easier to blot it all over instead of rub it, because i feel like when i rub it on the blotter (? ha) gets sort of dry or clogged or something and not as much comes out. i have been applying it all over. i have NO noticable blackheads anymore on my nose and i think its contributing to that.

03) PM ONLY. after the clindamycin is dry, i literally take a pea size drop of differin and put it on my index finger. i take my other index finger and evenly distribute it on my cheeks, chin, and forehead. (i dont put it on my nose or my cheeks under my eyes because i dont think ive ever had a pimple on either and have pretty good skin in those areas already.) peasize amount is enough! only a thin film is supposed to be applied, and you'd be surprised how far that amount goes! (and not to mention at 70$ a pop, im going to make it last. haha.)

04)moisturize with cetaphil

i was/am nervous about the initial out break so i used the clindamycin for a few days prior to starting the differin hoping that might help the condition of my skin before. i use the clindamycin every morning/night and the differin i have started every other night because my face *was*getting really red from it, but i think thats going away now so i will probably start every night now that i am almost at the two week mark. if your skin doesnt seem irritated by it, i would probably use it every night to see quicker results. i havent really had an initial outbreak yet besides two really small non-inflamed pimples that i have been EXTREMELY good about not messing with, so they go away in a day or two.

good luck to you. hope this helped! even though i havent been on these for a very long time, i have done more reading that you could imagine. ha. so if you have any other questions, feel free to pm me! :)

I'm using the same stuff. I find that BP is not necessary except as a mild face wash in the morning. I use a gentle cleanser at night as I found that BP just irritated me too much in conjunction with the Clindagel and Differin.

You can use BP but Clindagel will kill bacteria just as well. It also dries up stuff, so to me it works the same without the white chalky mess.

Just remember, the more you irritate your face, the mre acne will et stirred up and inflamed. I'm finding that a gentle cleanser, the Clindagela nd moisturizer works well for daytime. And I use differin every other night or every three nights. If the Differin is irritating me, I skip or put it over my moisturizer.

I'm using the same stuff. I find that BP is not necessary except as a mild face wash in the morning. I use a gentle cleanser at night as I found that BP just irritated me too much in conjunction with the Clindagel and Differin.

You can use BP but Clindagel will kill bacteria just as well. It also dries up stuff, so to me it works the same without the white chalky mess.

Just remember, the more you irritate your face, the mre acne will et stirred up and inflamed. I'm finding that a gentle cleanser, the Clindagela nd moisturizer works well for daytime. And I use differin every other night or every three nights. If the Differin is irritating me, I skip or put it over my moisturizer.

Yah I dropped the BP. It's working well (day 2, my face hasn't melted yet) so I hope it continues that way.

Thanks for your comments you guys.

mixing cleocin pads and differin made my face red and VERY flaky in the morning.

Thanks.

Just reading your sig I'd figure I'd let you know that the clindamycin you take is an antibiotic.