Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
WGalczak

Proactiv Toner + Dan's BP

Hey, this is my first post here go easy on me :)

I am 20 and I have struggled with acne for almost 10 years. I have been on a plethora of prescriptions (clindamycin, tazorac, bp 10%, bp 5% (gel and cream), differin, many more). When I was around 16 I went on proactiv and saw improvements over my prescriptions. I discovered this site when I was around 19 and ordered a few tubes of Dan Kern's (original) benzoyl peroxide 2.5%.

Since then, I've been using proactiv toner out of the shower and bp after twice daily. I've had mixed results(best results I've had from a solution however) with this over the past 2 years. About a year ago I was about totally clear for quite a long time. I was very active, very tan and basically acne-free. I do not have the BRUTAL acne I had when I was 13-16, however I still have breakouts every now and again. I am running low on Dan Kern's original BP and was wondering what you guys think I should do.

I personally love the feel of toner on my face I feel it levels everything out and feels great out of the shower. I'm aware of the brutal first step of proactiv and haven't used that for quite a long time. Do you think I would see improvements moving all the way into Dan's regimen? I do not like the way my skin feels or looks after not using toner (I'm quite addicted to the stuff, my skin feels fantastic even if it's a bit broke out). I can't think of anything else yet so I'd appreciate any comments/questions you guys have for me.

edit: thanks, my 2nd one said Dan Kern, first was Ben Kern, lol

Give the Regimen a try as instructed, for the first month or two. You may find that you're okay without that toner. You can always add it in at a later time if you feel it would be a good addition.

btw, it's Dan Kern, not Ben Kern. ;)

Yeah, like Brandy said, I'd give it a go without the toner, and add it back in later with you like. I've tried using the toner a couple of times with BP, and meh, I found that it made the BP take way longer to absorb, even if I waited for it to dry, strangely enough. I think you can do better and cheaper as far as glycolic acid products go with a glycolic acid moisturizer (e.g. Alpha Hydrox products, Neutrogena Healthy Skin Face Lotion) instead of a toner, too, so keep that in mind.