Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
happyexceptforacne

Anyone else have perfect body skin and horrible face skin?

Clearly my acne is hormonal because it is ONLY on my chin, jawline and a little on the cheeks. But it's never on my forehead or temples or ANYWHERE on my body. My body skin is perfect, and I love it for being that way since the lower half of my face is rife with painful pimples and red marks.

Does anyone else have this situation, and how are you being treated medically? I started Accutane for a second time this week.

Clearly my acne is hormonal because it is ONLY on my chin, jawline and a little on the cheeks. But it's never on my forehead or temples or ANYWHERE on my body. My body skin is perfect, and I love it for being that way since the lower half of my face is rife with painful pimples and red marks.

Does anyone else have this situation, and how are you being treated medically? I started Accutane for a second time this week.

Yep, never had a body blemish in my life. My regimen is in my siggy. I've taken Accutane in the past and my totally unqualified opinion is it doesn't do squat for hormonal acne. I would personally try bcp and/or Spiro before trying Accutane, but if you had a good experience before, then maybe it's no big deal for you. Accutane roughed me up. I really hope it works for you, though!!!!!!

same here, but i think it's because my face is so oily but my body is dry/normal

PD: i had bacne once, but that was because i start to sleep w/o shirt :doh:

yup. ive never had a problem with body acne, my face is another story entirely.

it is so irritated and sensitive and unpredictable, i am at the end of my tether. i wonder if its to do with the fact i never really pay much if any attention to my body skin, so its never irritated or inflamed, its perfect really. also i have no big visable pores like i do on my face so i guess my pores only ever get blocked like they do on my face.

i do know i think it is to a certian extent genetic, my mum didnt have great skin when she was younger, nor did my dad. both my mum and dad have nice skin now and never have any problems but in their teens they did, i think i got that gene. but hormonal too, since i notice the only time my skin gets better is around the time of my period. for the rest of the month, its all over the place.

i just wonder if im ever going to grow out of this.

Hi, yep me too (I'm new, hi all).

I get exercise, drink water like a fish, eat mostly organic vegan (80-90% when I'm not cheating) including about a pint of fresh pressed vegetable juice (including cabbage, carrot, beet, celery, dinosaur kale, broccoli) daily. Acne was gone, then I went off bcp almost a year ago (in the spirit of mostly natural living) and it is as bad as ever. WTF???

I'm going on a trip in 10 days and am very grumpy about looking like this--red marks all over my cheeks, thank god I don't get the texture scars. :P In the past I've responded well to AHA so I'll be looking into vinegar and lemon, and I'm messing with the aspirin/honey mask, so far not bad.

I saw comments about people reacting to oranges. I'm having trouble with the search feature, can anyone point me to the issue?

yep I'm exactly the same as thread starter. I pretty much just get acne on the lower half of my face.

I think toothpaste getting around my mouth MAY be a factor so I'm going to try and mitigate that next. also working on eating more fruit, drinking more water and taking multivitamins and fish oil at the moment.

I think I mustve started on the regimen at least 2 months ago but recently I've almost given up on BP, only using it on active acne (which is pretty rare for me at the moment but I still have crappy skin).

Hi, yep me too (I'm new, hi all).

I get exercise, drink water like a fish, eat mostly organic vegan (80-90% when I'm not cheating) including about a pint of fresh pressed vegetable juice (including cabbage, carrot, beet, celery, dinosaur kale, broccoli) daily. Acne was gone, then I went off bcp almost a year ago (in the spirit of mostly natural living) and it is as bad as ever. WTF???

I'm going on a trip in 10 days and am very grumpy about looking like this--red marks all over my cheeks, thank god I don't get the texture scars. :P In the past I've responded well to AHA so I'll be looking into vinegar and lemon, and I'm messing with the aspirin/honey mask, so far not bad.

I saw comments about people reacting to oranges. I'm having trouble with the search feature, can anyone point me to the issue?

totally have it! perfect body skin ... not a single zit EVER on my body and i love it the way it is but suffered from mild - severe acne on my face for about 13 years!! i love everything about myself except for my face skin :)

My back and chest acne are extremely mild, compared to my moderate face (which has lots of redness - sun damage?). I'm 15, and unfortunately most teens (and adults) go through this. Some girls have perfect skin at school, without makeup. Why can't we all be like that? Acne's a bitch...

I had back acne before but I can easily stop it (as I have) by simply washing it properly and wearing different tank tops, etc.

Why is it not so simple for my face?:(

Add me to the list too! I used to have spots in all the usual places, back, chest, shoulders, and of course my whole face. Eventually it resided to half of my face (cheeks and chin) and maybe a few spots on the rest of my body. After starting Yasmin a year ago (and recently toping up with Spiro) my body seems to stay clear thank God! However, my face is a different story and I just don't get it why I still get acne there when everywhere else is pretty clear now! Is it because I have way more oil glands there??? If Spiro doesn't help me within 6 months I'm getting accutane!

Yep, good body skin and bad face, I've got it...what is UP with that anyway since you can cover up your body if you want to. The only time I ever break out on my back is if I exercise too much...and YES I do shower immediately after. I guess my skin hates to sweat!

misterhealthman's question was apt: are you scrubbing your face like your body?

i think a lot of face acne, including my own, is caused by all the excess scrubbing we do to it.

i never wash my back; i just rinse it in the shower, but it almost never has any pimples. this is probably relevant.

when my dermatologist prescribed me duac and tazorac, she advised me to wash my face less to reduce irritation. she said it was possible to stop washing entirely if needed.

i've gone several weeks now without washing my face, just rinsing it in the shower once a day, and amazingly, against all expectations, it is clearing up. a lot of that is because of the medication, but i think it helps that i'm treating my face the same way as i treat my back: no touching, no picking, no scrubbing, no soap or cleanser, no extra irritation.

so maybe it's not necessarily hormonal to have a breakout localized on the face. the face is where we focus our attention and our most irritating behavior, like picking and scrubbing, so this kind of localized breakout may very well stem from our own actions.

Unfortunately yes - I have no body acne nor have I ever had any....I started with teen t-zone acne (whiteheads/blackheads) developed into cystic cheek acne and then most recently began with adult cysts on jawline/neck

you're not alone x

wow. that is basically exactly what i've experienced. sux.

Rather have acne on back then on face... >_<

but lol i got acne on back and face anyway

>_< now is clear though i get a few little ones only

but getting big ones on my face this days... dunno why.

me too! i have only acne on face body skin is beautiful! softs and clear.no pimples on nose chin or forehead either!

isn't it true that the more you wash ur face n put stuff on ur acne/pimples/zits, the worse it gets?

Well you can go over board on washing your face, but its not gonna make your acne/pimple/zits worse. but it will irritate your skin more. If you have acne you should be using some kind of treatment.

My body skin is perfect, and I love it for being that way since the lower half of my face is rife with painful pimples and red marks.

thats my current situation. i have never had any kind of body acne before, but i currently have acne on my right cheek and forehead.

but for years before that (from the time i was very young to about 15) i had SEVERE atopic dermatitis all over my body, but a clear face. i can't figure out how to get a clear face at the same time i have a clear body.

thats how i was for like 3 years. then out of no where my back started getting really bad, and then my chest. my forehead has been the most recent part of my body to lose the battle to acne. i wonder whats next? :wall: