Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
nessy

Bio oil - Fading Scars!

I've started using Bio-oil as well for about a week now. I haven't had any break-outs from it (and my skin is really prone!!) but I am spot-treating it on a recent scar that I've got on my cheek.

It does go on very smoothly and seems to plump the skin up. It's far too early to notice any results but I'll keep you guys posted. biggrin.gif

i'm based in the uk as well. Havong difficulty finding it on the website though. Is it under the beauty section, if so, what company?

I have tried the Bio-oil for the last few days and it seems to be making a difference (maybe placebo effect, I am not sure). I don't think it will clog my pores either. It kind of reminds me of the Pure Deming product. The pharmacy lady also suggested Scarzone, saying it was a very popular product that she was sold out of. I went to a different pharmacy and purchased it. I will continue to update on progress.

i'm based in the uk as well. Havong difficulty finding it on the website though. Is it under the beauty section, if so, what company?

Yes sorry terminator2 i mis-typed the website address! ](*,)

You can also purchase it at some local pharmacies. I only found out after ordering it online that they sell it at my pharmacy down the road!

I found it at a Devonshire Pharmacy 215 Edgware Rd, Tel 020 7402 6134 for 8.99 pounds. I agree with an earlier post that it plumps up the skin. I am not sure of lasting effects yet. Good Luck. Jane.

Just an update - still using bio-oil. It definitely makes your skin slightly oilier - but I haven't found that this has caused any more zits. My general impression is that it is pretty good for rosying up and evening out the complexion (bear in mind that I started using a lactic acid moisturiser at the same time so it is hard to isolate what is causing what).

I have a significant scar running under the shadow of my chin (old childhood injury) and I don't believe it has caused any lasting improvement to the scar itself. Tho the several small acne scars I have round my nose look less significant since I have been using the oil.

Thanks for the compliment. Are you sure you Gradfather wasn't "Francis"? That's how you tell - Females end "es", males "is". So in conclusion I'm a girl biggrin.gif/

HI,IVE ALSO USED BIO-OIL IN THE PAST AND HAD NOTICED INPROVEMENT IN THE FEW BLEMISHES THAT I DID HAVE,ALSO I HAVE 1 INDENT SCAR SAME COLOUR AS MY SKIN,AND THREE OTHERS LIKE CREASE LINES I THINK THATS WHAT THEYRE CALLED,USUALLY FROM WHERE YOUVE PICKED A SPOT.I NOTICED IMPROVEMENT BUT STUPIDLY BECAUSE IT WASNT WORKING FAST ENOUGH I SWITCHED TO USING GLYCOLIC ACID 30%.FOR 4 WKS IT WAS GREAT,U USE IT FOR 6 WKS,1ST WK 1MIN,2ND WK,2MIN,THEN BY THE 6WK 10MINS.I GOT TO MY 5TH WK AND LEFT IT ON FOR 8MINS,AND IN THE MORNING WOKE UP TO FIND A BURN MARK ON MY CHEEK,SHIT I HAVE TO TAKE KIDS TO SHCOOL AFTER THE WEEKEND,JUST PUTING SUDOCREM ON IT TO HELP IT HEAL...........SO IM BACK ON BIO-OIL TO PUT MOISTURE BACK INTO MY SKIN,AND ALSO USING COPPER PEPTIDE BE4 THE BIO-OIL TO HELP THE HEALING PROCESS ,THE MORELL OF THIS STORY IS; WE SPEND A FEW YEARS FINDING CURES THAT DONT WORK,2YRS OR WHATEVER DOWN THE DRAIN,THEN WE ARE TOO IMPATIENT TO WAIT A COUPLE OF MONTHS TO WAIT TO SEE IF ONE PRODUCT WORKS AND TO GIVE IT TIME,I THINK TOO MUCH USE OF G.A CAN BE BAD FOR THE SKIN AS IT HAS GIVEN ME A FEW MORE SCARS AND BROUGHT MORE BLEMISHES OUT .HAS ANYONE ELSE HAD THIS PROBLEM.[i D LOVE TO KNOW} I KNOW BIO-OIL SOUNDS LIKE GREASE BUT TO OILY SKIN IT PROBABLY WOULD DO. I HAVE COMBINATION SO MY SKIN TOLLERATES IT WELL.I USED IT AGAIN LAST NIGHT AND MY SKIN LOOKED A LITTLE BETTER THAN THE DAY BEFORE,SO ITS EARLY DAYS AND IT FEELS NICE AND SUPPLE,IF YOU HAVE DRY AND COMBINATION SKIN THEN THIS WOULD BE IDEAL.SORRY THIS IS LONG,BUT I JUST WANTED TO WARN PEOPLE NOT TO LEAVE G .A ON YOUR FACE FOR TOO LONG AS IT REALLY CAN DRY OUT ALL YOUR NATURAL OILS IN YOUR SKIN OUT blink.gif LOL SBEL

Thanks for sharing your experiences with bio oil - I too have found it an effective product for reducing redness and controlling oiliness.

* PLEASE TURN YOUR CAPS LOCKS KEY OFF THOUGH!!!! NO NEED TO SHOUT!!! wink.gif

What's this stuff do to active acne? Anyone know?

While I am always looking for a good moisturizer to clear up the red marks... I don't want anything that will make my acne worse and give me breakouts.

Anyone have any experience using this on active acne?

Thanks.

Hello any one still using this getting good results to their scars?

Im looking for somthing that will work on scars other then doctor visits, maybe somthing in a cream or what ever from past acne.. please if you know of any creams or gels or even this oil stuff please let me know thanks smile.gif

Hey guyss, iv just started to use bio oil, and ill let u know how it goes in terms of getting rid of pigmentation, red marks, evening skin tone etc.. ill post here every couple of days or so.. tongue.gif

omg!!! i have some bio oil just sitting in my house,i have red marks how did i not no this! i will use some tonight,i just hope it doesnt make me break out!

Im using this, i incorporated it in my regime... Clearasil sensitive face wash wait 15min, Benzac 2 1/2 BP wait another 15min then Bio Oil. Been using this for only 2days now and its cleared up over 50% of my acne, best thing is im not breaking out anymore. Love the stuff, also seems to be lightening my skin tone when i apply it... =D

using this too but i combine with their naturalis skin blemish treatment and the healing is accelerated. skin is at its best in years!

hi

is this bio oil the same as rose hip oil? they sound similiar to me.

i just bought a bottle of the rose hip oil for my red marks, have been using it for a few days, but it is so expensive unlike this bio oil.

http://www.organiconline.com.sg/startpage.htm

using this too but i combine with their naturalis skin blemish treatment and the healing is accelerated. skin is at its best in years!

i finished my vital repair and rosa mosqueta already and scar improved significantly. i encourage you to use twice a day, you need to massage this in properly. but remember to use a good cleanser too, thats very very important. i switched from rosa mosqueta cleanser to naturalis purifying cleanser and using skin blemish treatment too for my blemishes and pigmentation problem.

my blemishes and pigmentation are looking good and my next goal will be the wrinkles around eyes and cheek (smile lines) .

hi yvony

how long have u been using? does it really help acne scars?

im using my own set of skin care but supplement with the oil and the vital repair cream, not sure it that will hinder the healing. i only use at night instead of twice a day as recommended cos i find it a little too oily. u used twice a day?

ok

day 16

.... nothing

this stuff is annoying me..

iv stoped using it lol..

now im gonna use olay regenirist... :oP