Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
CitizenPanda

My scars are disappearing

Update: 4/4/08 - Added a photo from today.

I hope my presence and advice here on these boards have been helpful to many, but what is most encouraging (for me anyway) is actually SEEING results chronicle and posted. I figure if no one else is going to do it, I will be one of the few success stories.

Here are updated pictures, as you can see some redness persists but they are leveling incredibly. Some range from 50% - 90% leveled. Fingers crossed and heres to hoping for full leveling at some point in the next year or two.

http://picasaweb.google.com/pandagalleries...key=bwfWedei_yY

Sorry I didn't do the crops, don't have the time right now, I'm waiting to see the Fed Rate cut and hoping for 1%.

My current regime if you want something to follow:

1. Vitamin C serum in the morning, followed by 2g slow release Vitamin-C with Rose Hips tablets, 2g of L-Arginine, 1g L-Ornithine.

2. Breakfast - Protein drink

2. Lunch time - Plenty of protein and vegetables. Limiting my carbs.

2. Pre-workout - (afternoon) - Creatine, sometimes an energy drink

3. Post workout - BCAAs, Whey Protein, Casein

4. Dinner - Plenty of protein, lean meats, some fats, slow carbs (like whole wheat).

5. Bedtime - Retin-A every few days, Vitamin-C cream otherwise. Followed by 2g Vitamin C tablets and 2g L-Arginine/1g L Ornithine.

6. Sleep - Atleast 8 hours (more for my gym progress but it helps regardless).

very impressive results! this should give hope to many on the board. well done.

I hope my presence and advice here on these boards have been helpful to many, but what is most encouraging (for me anyway) is actually SEEING results chronicle and posted. I figure if no one else is going to do it, I will be one of the few success stories.

Here are updated pictures, as you can see some redness persists but they are leveling incredibly. Some range from 50% - 90% leveled. Fingers crossed and heres to hoping for full leveling at some point in the next year or two.

http://picasaweb.google.com/pandagalleries...key=JLqJE1i0tdY

Sorry I didn't do the crops, don't have the time right now, I'm waiting to see the Fed Rate cut and hoping for 1%.

wow nice! in just the course of 5 months ur scars are looking much better. i think i'll look into retin-A to treat my scars once i stop having acne.

Nice.

Great results.

So basically, all you've done for your scars was apply Retin-A and Needling?

Can you please give more information about what processes you've been through for such improvement?

Most appreciated.

Nice.

Great results.

So basically, all you've done for your scars was apply Retin-A and Needling?

Can you please give more information about what processes you've been through for such improvement?

Most appreciated.

How often are you doing the needling? With needling, your scars will definitely look improved because of the microswelling. If you do it often enough with retin A, I am sure there will be good improvement.

How often are you doing the needling? With needling, your scars will definitely look improved because of the microswelling. If you do it often enough with retin A, I am sure there will be good improvement.

Once, and I have no plans on doing it again. The down time is way too long for me.

Once, and I have no plans on doing it again. The down time is way too long for me.

CitizenPanda, no offence but I can't say I see much of a difference in your scars. Percentage-wise, how much better do you think your scars gotten (EDITING nevermind, I guess I do see an improvement). Second, what would you attribute your success to? Retin-A? Needling? I needled an ice-pick scar 6 months ago and it got about 20% bigger, so I have no idea what I did wrong. I'm only 21 years old so you think my healing properties would be great. Third, would Retin-A do anything for scars that are two years old? Thanks, and thanks for posting pics.

It looks like you got some real good results, but when you started retin a did you notice your scars get worse before better? If so how long did it take for improvements to be seen?

I was doing retin a few weeks ago but stopped when I saw my scars and skin getting worse

Hi,

I can see 'some' improvement. As long as YOU feel and see an improvement, is all that matters.

I believe needling improves the skin, but wont make scars dissapear. All we can ever expect is 'an improvement'.

Call me jaded, ive tried everything, so im not expecting any miracle result, i guess its reality.

CitizenPanda, no offence but I can't say I see much of a difference in your scars. Percentage-wise, how much better do you think your scars gotten (EDITING nevermind, I guess I do see an improvement). Second, what would you attribute your success to? Retin-A? Needling? I needled an ice-pick scar 6 months ago and it got about 20% bigger, so I have no idea what I did wrong. I'm only 21 years old so you think my healing properties would be great. Third, would Retin-A do anything for scars that are two years old? Thanks, and thanks for posting pics.

Great results :)

My opinion is the majority of the improvement is from the needling and thats been boosted by the topicals. Gotta be happy with the outcome regardless of cause

Im sorry if my reply offended, it was not intended to!

Yes im jaded, and tired, and ive done so much for my scars, with little results.

I dont mean to sound negative!

As i said, if citazenpandas' happy, if he feels better, and feels the scars are softer, achiving a visable result, then he has succeeded.

Its a definate improvement. What % i couldnt say..what do you feel it would be citazenpanda?

All im saying is, with treatments available, thats all most of us will ever get= an improvement.

The perfect skin we dream of, is just that, a dream.

Im realistic, not negative.

Congrats :) They DEFINITELY are looking better. I'm so happy for you! And THANK YOU for posting progress pics. When I've been off 'tane long enough to treat mine with anything besides Retin-A, I'll be coming back to you for advice! Take care!

Congrats on the improvement! Just a question, is protein supposed to help collagen formation? I know that if I overtake protein it causes me to breakout.

Congrats on the improvement! Just a question, is protein supposed to help collagen formation? I know that if I overtake protein it causes me to breakout.