Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
laxxer

how badly does your acne affect your chances with the opposite sex?

56 members have voted

1. 1. how does it affect your chances?

• terribly, i can barely look at another guy/girl
    • to some extent, i am certainly less popular now
    • not at all. its the inner person that counts. plus, ive got game!

what do you think people?

I always thought it mattered. It amazed me to find out that it didn't matter as much as I thought. Unfortunately, I came to that realization after being depressed about it for years, but better late than never.

I know a couple guys that have acne, but they're cool people so I don't even really notice their acne

I also know a few girls that have acne, but they're also cool people so I don't really care and it doesn't affect their attractiveness

I suspect the only reason I even notice it at all is because I have acne myself. People that don't suffer from acne, especially guys, typically won't notice it at all on the opposite sex

Hmm, acne hardly affects me in how I approach others...

I act as if I have perfect skin, and it doesn't really affect my character at all.

How it makes them look at me IDK, i don't severe acen though

ligyron, so you are saying that people that have no acne dont notice other peoples acne? so if a girl goes out with a guy and she has no acne, but he does. im pretty sure she will notice..unless shes blind O_O

I normally judge opposite sex not by looks but by character,

if their character is like okie and not that good looking i will accept

if their character is bad and they are good looking + flirt i don't think most pple will accept it...

*this is what i wan to say =)

sorry for any offence =D

ligyron, so you are saying that people that have no acne dont notice other peoples acne? so if a girl goes out with a guy and she has no acne, but he does. im pretty sure she will notice..unless shes blind O_O

I know my acne/scars offend ME more than anyone else.

I was single for many years, blaming my face, and it was MY problem, no one elses! i pushed the opposite sex away. If you cant love yourself, no one can love you.

Ive been with a guy for a few years now, and he cant believe i still want to fix my scars. But he understands i want it for ME. I dont need to change to keep him, or attract other guys.

I believe it affects the self esteem, and that in turn affects the way we interact with the world.

So YES it can affect your love life, the love for the self...

I think it affects your ability to attract the opposite sex due to the fact that along with looking and feeling unsightly it also affects the way you carry yourself.

It certainly makes me feel insecure and i dont act like my usual self around females.

iv been with my boyfriend for about 6months now and he couldnt believe how bad my skin was underneath my makeup [took me ages to get the courage for him to see it] he certaintly does see the acne but it really doesnt bother him and it hasnt hindered me in terms of gaining a guy, but i just try to forget i have it once i have makeup on.

Lucky you girls have makeup! xD

It probably does affect the overall chances but as long as you're happy and not afraid to go out you'll be fine with the opposite sex.

I still have guys at work flirt with me but I know they are still looking at my skin. One of the guys that flirts with me gave me this disgusted look and said, "What happened to your face?!" I picked the first choice

A guy (who was interested in me) once pointed at a beautiful girl at a party and told me he thought she was ugly because she had ACNE! I completely lost respect for him. He did not know I was having problems with acne as well. I will never be with a guy who thinks people with acne are ugly. I usually do notice when guys have acne, but that's because I know how it is. If a handsome guy with acne approached me, I'd be very happy! I usually fall for the personality and pretty eyes... :wub:

I guess because Ive been with my boyfrioend for three years Im not really sure.. I think if I wasnt with him I would be wayy too embarassed to approach a guy.

But my boyfriend has been with me since it was good, when it was really bad, and just the normal way it is.. I think whether mine gets clear or not (which I pray to God for me that it does).. he's going to stick around.