Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
kaiofthesun

TCA test spotting

people always recommend testing spotting for TCA...whether it be for 100% cross or 35% peels...

but my question is....

when people have TCA done...pigment (hyper, hypopigmentations)problems usually occur in isolated areas and not the entire area treated...so why would having a small test spot accurately determine how your skin will react to the TCA??

The reason we suggest it is because it may give you an indication of how your skin will respond to it. If you experience hyperpigmentation then you know to avoid it.

right but....

everyone i've talked to that has had tca 35% peels only had hypo or hyperpigmentation in small isolated areas.

so if i don't get pigment issues on the test spots...this is hardly any indicator that i won't get pigment issues during the peel. and if i do get pigment issues on the test spot, this doesn't really tell me how my entire face as a whole will react as far as pigment.

right? or wrong...

right but....

everyone i've talked to that has had tca 35% peels only had hypo or hyperpigmentation in small isolated areas.

so if i don't get pigment issues on the test spots...this is hardly any indicator that i won't get pigment issues during the peel.  and if i do get pigment issues on the test spot, this doesn't really tell me how my entire face as a whole will react as far as pigment.

right? or wrong...

Then I guess you can only try it. I just thought a patch test would be a better indicator than just going ahead and doing it. I guess it's up to you if you want to take that kind of a risk.

I agree. Having no problems with the test patch doesn't mean you'll have no problems with the full face peel, but having problems with the test patch pretty much gaurantees you'll have problems with the full face peel.

Guest Tracy

Footprint, where's my tca vial? I wait patiently.....check my mailbox....day in and day out....and no vial.... sad.gif

Tracy, I really can't send these out and I told you I'd try again... but then I thought about it more, and I can't bring myself to do it. I thought I posted a message to everbody about this - but I guess not. I guess the more I think about it the more uncomfortable I get.

1. What if somebody hurts themselves with it

2. What if the package breaks and the mailman gets some on him?

so I'm really sorry, it was wrong of me to offer and then backtrack - but I can't bring myself to do it.

TCA peels really do work, at least they did for me.

I still break out monthly, but overall I'm pretty happy with my skin now. Don't check this board that much anymore.