Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
shmear

A Pill A Day Keeps The Acne Away

Tonight, I took my first pill. As of the 2 hour mark, nothing to report. :P

I'm on 40mg a day and if it matters to any one, I was given Sotret.

Plan of Attack

• CeraVe Moisturizing Cream and Cetaphil SPF 15 working in harmony to battle dryness and the sun.
  • Loads of vaseline over night. It worked very well in middle school when I got the worst chapped lips during the winter and it still works to this day (hopefully that will continue throughout my course).
  • During the day, the first go around will be with possibly the most generic chapstick...CVS ChapBlock w/SPF 15.
The Secret Weapon: HUMIDIFIER! Which will be put into action tomorrow, which I guess I will consider Day 1.

The Secret Weapon Part Duex: I go through about 2 Nalgenes worth of water during a school day, so hopefully I can continue that.

Aside from obviously avoiding dryness (I don't mind facial dryness too much...but I would much like to minimize the chapped lips aspect), I definitely will make use of Advil because I run track where I'll be sprinting, jumping, and hurdling, so avoiding aches and pains is a must. Then after track, I'll be begin training for Cross Country (I wonder which aches and pains would make more annoying, distance running or sprinting...?). HENCE using Cetaphil along with the CeraVe because I will be outside...a lot. I also plan on wearing sunglasses to protect the sensitive skin around my eyes. If those become too much I definitely plan of asking my derm to drop me down to 20mg/day.

Now for the downer, I lack a camera, so most likely no pics. Maybe I can try sneaking a few in with the iMacs during Computer Tech...ok, well, it would involve no sneaking, it would be rather easy. :P But the closest thing to Before pics will be Day 2 of Tane pics (Monday).

Shmear out!

Day 1

Nothing much to report just yet. No real dryness yet either. No aches and pains either. Basically, a good day. Tuesday I'm gonna start running again and I'll see how that goes.

Day 2

Sorry, no pics. I forgot. Still no dryness. As for aches and pains, I think they might be coming on, but I'm not sure.

During school, I got a headache last lasted for about half of school and continued on until I got him and took some Advil. I don't think it was the accutane though. I think it was probably from watching Numb3rs on a big screen in math and then going to a class that involves staring at a powerpoint from the front row. That's like 3 ft. of separation.

Also, in the past 10 minutes I got some random jolts of pain (maybe two or three times) in the lower left side of my back...not really sure what that was.

Day 2

Sorry, no pics. I forgot. Still no dryness. As for aches and pains, I think they might be coming on, but I'm not sure.

During school, I got a headache last lasted for about half of school and continued on until I got him and took some Advil. I don't think it was the accutane though. I think it was probably from watching Numb3rs on a big screen in math and then going to a class that involves staring at a powerpoint from the front row. That's like 3 ft. of separation.

Also, in the past 10 minutes I got some random jolts of pain (maybe two or three times) in the lower left side of my back...not really sure what that was.

Hey dude. What events do you compete in in Track? And what distances do you run in Cross Country?

I used to be a good long distance runner when I was in 10th grade, I ran the 10 kilometer race and did fairly well. I never made it to provincials but I went to districts. I competed again by 11th grade but by that point I'd put on too much muscle to be a good distance runner.

I also ran 100m in track last year. I wasn't really that good. I ran 11.00 at my last meet and got my ass kicked by some freak who ran 10.6. (At the age of 18... amazing)... wait... was it 10.5? Meh, either or. He was crazy.

I'm not sure if I'm going to try out for track this year. At this point in my life I'm alot more focused on bodybuilding and am training less and less for function and performance.

Day 1

Nothing much to report just yet. No real dryness yet either. No aches and pains either. Basically, a good day. Tuesday I'm gonna start running again and I'll see how that goes.

@ChapinaCutie and Angela_:

@Sid

I'll be doing 400m, 200m, 300m intermediate hurdles, and high jump (just started high jumping) (and if I feel like trying it, long jump). In cross country, we only have the 5k for guys (unless you're a freshman). I'm not very good at CC, but I hope to change that as much as possible over the summer. You would probably beat me in a 100m. My best 200m is something like 25.xx seconds and my best 400m time is 59 seconds (both relay splits). I lack experience in running the 400m so I really wanna improve on that during outdoor track.

If you look at me though, you'd think I was a distance runner, because I'm pretty skinny.

Day 4

Went running (rather poorly though, starting up running after a month break is a very evil experience...) and there were no unusual pains. No headaches today either.

BUT I did experience the first dryness! It was just a little bit on my nose, couldn't feel it but it was visible (not very though...it would have looked normal for the most part).

I'd say the worst part of the day was that my iPod broke...fell out of my pocket and the next time I went to use it, it wouldn't turn on.

Also, I keep forgetting to mention it, but the humidifier is up and running.

Day 5

Woke up with about 4 pustules (2 big and 2 smallish ones) all in the 1 inch area to the right of my nose. Sucks...they'll be gone eventually anyway. As long as I'm acne free my senior year I'll be happy (knock on wood). Nothing is drying out yet, though.

I seem to have screwed up the Day counting...so I'm gonna give up on that one. But I do know it has been about a week, so...

Week 1

Still no facial dryness, acne is about the same I guess. My lips are starting to chap a little though. Nothing really exciting to announce.

Week 1 + A Day

So this morning I went to clean my nose with a tissue and got some blood, very fun experience. Not a lot though and I didn't have any nose bleeds or anything after that. My face is looking a little better.