Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
maguy

Info on Artefill??

what are people's experiences with Artefill so far? i know its pretty new still but not sure if it is permanent or if its a scam like most other procedures. any info would be greatly appreciatied. thanks

what are people's experiences with Artefill so far? i know its pretty new still but not sure if it is permanent or if its a scam like most other procedures. any info would be greatly appreciatied. thanks

I had artecoll as it was called in canada at the time (artefill in US) about 7 yrs ago. I thought it did a pretty good job at augmentation and is the best treatment I have done to date. I did one round of silicone and due for another and will see how that goes. Artefill is the real deal, but there may be better ones as well.

No idea how it works for scars ... but for nasolabial lines, it's the real deal. One of the best treatments I've ever invested in.

No idea how it works for scars ... but for nasolabial lines, it's the real deal. One of the best treatments I've ever invested in.

I had some mild inflammation at the injection points for awhile .... it's gone now. Wasn't a huge problem, just a slight annoyance .... not really visible.

Overall, my results were good right away and are still getting better (collagen builds around the microspheres).

But I realize that it's important for me to add, I only got this procedure done at the beginning of last summer. So it hasn't even been a year yet ..... I can't speak to the long term. At this point, though, I'm infinitely happier with Artefill than I was with Restylane, which hurt like hell to get injected and then lasted less than 6 months. :doubt:

^^ exactly. I mean if you get results with something for nasolabial folds then that is not to be sniffed at. So many people just have disappointment with treating wrinkles or any skin depression for that matter. I have spoken/read a lot of people in my time and for the permanent fillers, the rule of thumb I have in my mind, is that if you haven't had granulomas in the first 24 months you likely in the clear.

I see what u saying about the temp fillers like restylane. Even if we could all afford the injections every 6-9 weeks, who wants to go thru the pain, the time off, the swelling? I think we would get tired of it very quickly.

But are permanent fillers trying to do the impossible? - permanently correct. I mean whatever way you look at it, faces change over the decades, therefore the position of the filler changes. but is this a big deal? I mean maybe it still looks ok even with face changes. of course trying to get any info out of a doc on these matters is like trying to get blood out of a stone. :doubt:

Well, the whole issue of "permanent" is a big question mark, of course. The background info I read on ArteFill said the results should last 5 years, presumably because that's all they know so far.

Still, 5 years was sounding pretty good to me.

well, i heard as well that effects are not permanent from somebody else. However, its these polymethylmethacrylate microspheres embedded in the dermis. I was under the impression these can't be eaten up by the body and are therefore permanent. From what I've read though, bad reactions to artecoll are very rare.

I had artecoll about 5-7 yrs ago and it still looks like it is there. I can also feel some of those "crystalized" parts or granulomas under the skin, kind of like a small pea. But it is not visible, just can feel it with my tongue in one spot.

I had some mild inflammation at the injection points for awhile .... it's gone now. Wasn't a huge problem, just a slight annoyance .... not really visible.

Overall, my results were good right away and are still getting better (collagen builds around the microspheres).

But I realize that it's important for me to add, I only got this procedure done at the beginning of last summer. So it hasn't even been a year yet ..... I can't speak to the long term. At this point, though, I'm infinitely happier with Artefill than I was with Restylane, which hurt like hell to get injected and then lasted less than 6 months. :doubt:

Yeah, I think I spent about $1500 as opposed to $800 or so for a similar treatment with Restylane. But the results are totally worth it.

Restylane stings like crazy because it's hyaluronic acid. Artefill doesn't contain hyaluronic acid, just collagen and the microspheres ... and I think it has a topical anaesthetic built in. It didn't hurt at all, just a little prick when the needle went in.

Wow...so good to know! Thanks!

It's been 6 months and I've debated another Restylane treatment. (Also thought about Perlane and Juvederm.) But when I think about those needle pricks it gives me the heebie geebies...I was on the edge of the table. I also remember holding a little ice pack on my face for the rest of the day and I swear I'm not a wimp! I give myself 4-5 insulin shots a day and they are nothing compared to Restylane injections.

I'm sure Artefill requires as many injections as Restylane, am I correct?

Are there any other perm. fillers that are approved in the US that are good for acne scars. What about Aquamid, Argiform, or Bio-Aclamid? Are any of these in the process of being approved? If I was to go to Canada, what is the best way to find the most experienced doctor in each type of filler?

While I had artecoll and was happy with the results...I am still looking for improvement. My decision is to use silicone, which is FDA approved (sort of). It seems like a better material for accurate augmentation. Artecoll seems more like an augmententer...but not sure how precise you can be with it.

i am suprised more people havent done Artefill on here. a permanent filler would be the best option for some types of scars.

Does aging effect how effective permanent fillers are since your face will begin to sag and the fillers stay in place?

I just had second dose of Artefill for acne scars and I am happy so far. My scars look 90% better. It has only been two days so I will see how they look in a couple months.

I just had second dose of Artefill for acne scars and I am happy so far. My scars look 90% better. It has only been two days so I will see how they look in a couple months.

I'd be interested in hearing the improvement. Did your doctor discuss the risks with you? I have had one nurse at at type of medspa try to sell me the artefill but another doctor warned me against it because you could have a reaction even ten years down the road, similar to the silicone microdroplet. Plus they are bankrupt now, so the only people who have it are the one's who have stockpiled it. However, a permanent filler is probably the only good option for someone with wider rolling scars like mine, just scared to try it.