Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
soul78

What is the best topical to use once coming off of Accutane?

What is the best topical to use once coming off of Accutane? What is effective by not overly drying on the skin etc.?

I have heard that clindasol (1% clyndamycin) is pretty effective and non irritating. Any other suggestions?

What is the mildest retinol?

Thanks

Any prescription strength retinoid is most often recommended by dermatologists. A non-prescription strength retinoid would be something like Green Cream (and it's very nice!)

Clindamycin, being a topical antibiotic, isn't as good for maintenance therapy post Accutane as something like an exfoliative retinoid.

Any prescription strength retinoid is most often recommended by dermatologists. A non-prescription strength retinoid would be something like Green Cream (and it's very nice!)

Clindamycin, being a topical antibiotic, isn't as good for maintenance therapy post Accutane as something like an exfoliative retinoid.

Thanks Wynne, so what topical retnoid (name brand) would you recommend when weaning off of Accutane? I see my doctor on friday so should ask him for something since I have cut my dose and am weaning off over the next couple of weeks.

- Thanks

I only have personal experience with Retin A. Others have been prescribed Tazorac after Accutane. It will be a decision for you and your doctor. :)

Silly question but does anyone know what is the best way to apply tazorac at night over or under mosituriser?? I went to see this derm and he said use on alternate nights for 5 mins and then was off......i was like eh :doh:

Silly question but does anyone know what is the best way to apply tazorac at night over or under mosituriser?? I went to see this derm and he said use on alternate nights for 5 mins and then was off......i was like eh :doh:

I wash my face, wait about 5 minutes, apply tazorac (not too much), wait about 10 minutes, then apply moisturizer. I dunno what your derm meant about leaving it on for 5 minutes...I sleep all night with it on.

But yes, apply tazorac before moisturizing.

I wash my face, wait about 5 minutes, apply tazorac (not too much), wait about 10 minutes, then apply moisturizer. I dunno what your derm meant about leaving it on for 5 minutes...I sleep all night with it on.

But yes, apply tazorac before moisturizing.

I just got my prescription today (I'm 6 weeks post-Tane). Apparently for the first month you're supposed to leave it on a few minutes then wash it off, then work up to leaving it on all night, but is that really necessary?