Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Jaurim540

anyone here tried Laura Mercier Oil free foundation

did anyone get good results from this.. i use it to cover my scars and discoloration..

but for some reason if eel like it makes my skin look weird and unnatural.

do u guys think revlon colorstay is less or more natural looking that laura mercier in general..

i kinda want to switch back to colorstay.. but i heard that looks unnatural too.

Though I liked it for the coverage, I couldn't get a good color match. It was either too yellow or too pale. I did notice in the sunlight that it looked kind of unnatural too. Almost alienskin like. It's a good thing I only had the sample and didn't shell out the bucks. I am willing to pay a lot for a good foundation. I figure I can skimp on everything else but foundation is important. I'm really liking my Lancome Teint Idole Ultra. I finally got a good color match and because it's in a pump it's more hygienic. Colorstay blocks my pores, even though it does give me perfect skin for a night out. It's dang on hard to get off too.

For long Lasting I like the Teint Idole. I barely have to touch up my face and it does not break me out. Diorskin Forever is another Long Lasting makeup. I got a sample at Sephora and I'm thinking of trying it out next time.

If you really want a good makeup that doesn't cost an arm and leg, I suggest Clinique. they are in the $15-$22 range. A lot of people like the Super Fit and the Clarifying makeup. I use the Clarifying one in the summer. Looks nice, but you need a light hand or you end up "masky". there some debate going on about Clinique products. I was told by a well known local Makeup artists that Clinique's stuff is bad for you in the long run. It's why I got away from using their products. Apparently they put Acetone in a lot of their stuff which is bad, bad, bad for skin. I don't know how true it is, but it scared me away from them. I'm a label reader now.

did anyone get good results from this.. i use it to cover my scars and discoloration..

but for some reason if eel like it makes my skin look weird and unnatural.

do u guys think revlon colorstay is less or more natural looking that laura mercier in general..

i kinda want to switch back to colorstay.. but i heard that looks unnatural too.

I wouldn't buy any makeup at the drugstore. Learn to read labels, like Jane said, and find products that are beneficial for your skin. But for me, I would only get high-quality makeup. A good foundation/concealer should not cost over $30 and you can get one with excellent ingredients. Talk to someone at Sephora to help you find something good. Or try Origins, or something else that's natural.