Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
taygirl015

Help/advice please...BCP's

Hi everyone,

Does anyone have any good suggestions for a birth control pill that helps the skin instead of break me out? I know some do and some dont, and everyone is different. So far, I've been on Yasmin and Orthro-Tri Cyclen. Yasmin was pretty good but the more I used it the more it gave me the cystic type acne. As for Ortho, it ended up giving me lots of whiteheads all over, especially on my forehead. So far, I cant find anything to help me completely. Your advice/suggestions would be a huge help. C'mon ladies!!

Thanks,

Jen

Hi everyone,

Does anyone have any good suggestions for a birth control pill that helps the skin instead of break me out? I know some do and some dont, and everyone is different. So far, I've been on Yasmin and Orthro-Tri Cyclen. Yasmin was pretty good but the more I used it the more it gave me the cystic type acne. As for Ortho, it ended up giving me lots of whiteheads all over, especially on my forehead. So far, I cant find anything to help me completely. Your advice/suggestions would be a huge help. C'mon ladies!!

Thanks,

Jen

When I was on Alesse I had pimples here and there, but I'm quite acne prone in general. I went off it for a few months and broke out horribly. So I started on Diane 35 in January and my acne got worse and is only now starting to get better (but nowhere near clear!). I think every woman is different and one pill works great for one person and not for another. Sorry if that wasn't much of a help...

Like the previous response said, different pills work for different people. On that note, I'm currently on Desogen (generic of Apri) and I love it. I've been on Yasmin, which gave me cystic acne. Yaz didn't really affect my skin either way, but I had other side effects from it. I've also been on Ortho Tri Cyclen and Ortho Tri Cyclen Lo- neither one did anything for my skin. I'm not sure if my almost clear skin right now has anything to do with the Desogen, or if it's due to the products I'm using, but either way, I have no side effects from this pill, which makes me very happy. It took me forever to find a pill I liked.