Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Hey all,

I finished Accutane a couple of months ago but my skin is still oily but at least not as oily as before. I saw a derm yesterday to get some peels done for hyperpigmentation and she gave me Tazorac Gel and told me that it helps to control oily skin.

Can anyone tell me if that is true or not? I took Retin A Micro years ago and my skin was horrible as a result. She said since I took Accutane that most of the acne is gone and this is not strong enough to treat acne anyway so she said it would be fine for the oily skin.

I have also read in other places how doctors say that Topical Retinoids are very good at controlling oily skin which is weird to me since you only apply it at nighttime and apparently it still works during the day so if anyone can explain please do. Well let me know if you guys can,

Thanks!!

Im not sure about the whole acctuane thing.. but I use retin-a micro at night, and it def doesnt control oil during the day, just makes me look peely.