• Still a virgin
  2. 2. Do you masturbate regulary?

• Once a day
    • Twice a day
    • more
    • less
    • never
    • don't need to, i have sex

i've heard a thousand myths about sex and acne, and what is the truth i don't know. but i choose to belive in the theory that someone on this board claimed that it all has to do with your sleep and how that affects your hormones to get more.. uhmm... horny.. so yeah.. just trying to see some connection here..

i just started a new realationship :wub: , and as we all know, a lot of sex lol and i must say that i haven't noticed any difference in my acne, all i've noticed is that my skin kinda looks more smooth, could have be something else but i choose to belive its from that. haha.. :angel:

what about you? is there anything special you've noticed when it comes to sex and acne?

:redface:

ooh, sex and acne, thougth u'd have a bigger response than this, come on everyone, dont be shy.

well, been married now for 7 months, having sex nearly everyday, or every other day, and yes, must confess my acne has improved, used to have it on my back, chest, upper arms too, but not sure, if thats got to do with sex, i have been taking saw palmetto, fenugreek and wild yam, as anti-androgen and to increase my female hormones :shhh: , hmm, my husband did mention that after marriage, having sex regularly and releasing all that natural tension and fluids, can help balance hormones, and this could have an effect on acne, hmmm, i think this may be more effective in women though, not sure. am also on a green tea kick, have been for nearly a mnth now, still loving it, no more acne on face and red marks fading, :D beginning to feel naturally beautiful, wont hav2 wear all that make-up to hide the blemishes :dance:

but i'd like to believe that its the sex :wub: , yep thats wots cured my acne ;):wub:

You're female (I presume) so the sex/masturbation question doesn't really apply to you.

I personally don't believe in "hormonal acne" I think it is a term that derms have created to assist in the extraction of hard earned money from client process. Acne is 100% about the digestion, leaky gut and immune response systems in our bodies and for women during that time of the month when their immune response is slightly weaker than usual, you conveniently get the "hormanal acne" tag slapped on you- enjoy.

I personally don't believe in "hormonal acne" I think it is a term that derms have created to assist in the extraction of hard earned money from client process. Acne is 100% about the digestion, leaky gut and immune response systems in our bodies and for women during that time of the month when their immune response is slightly weaker than usual, you conveniently get the "hormanal acne" tag slapped on you- enjoy.

tell me more about this so called dim?, i'm curious.

EDIT: no need to because i just saw the post and am currently reading up on it. Thank you for bringing it to my attention though.

after sex my face always a more healthy glow on it. i dont know though, i don't really think it affects my skin much otherwise.

never noticed a difference when im getting it regularly or when im in a dry spell. but i do know for a fact acne = birth control. ever try to get laid with a face full of zits?

Since splitting with my ex I have been getting inflamed acne, which I have never had before. I have put this down to stress, as the split has been very hard for me a full of nasty revelations resulting in a loss of close friends.

Stress and depression have often affected the way I looked since my teens. I think it is the emotional side to sex that can cause acne.