Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
pi_gua

Needling downtime vs. Fraxel downtime

Apparently the fraxel downtime is 2-3 days according to my doc but I know its at least a week from what I hear.

Those of you who had needling done, what was your downtime and what kind of scars were being treated?

I am thinking of getting needling done but I do not know of its suitable for my scars. I have rolling scars I think (those ones that look indented but feels smooth to the touch).

I have similar scars to you and have had needling done a couple of times, Down time for me is a week. Have seen good results, atleast 50-60% on most scars.....

I have similar scars to you and have had needling done a couple of times, Down time for me is a week. Have seen good results, atleast 50-60% on most scars.....

Downtime always depends on what you are willing to look like in public. For needling, it's 72 hours minimum, which is the point where your face looks like a million cystic breakouts have occured but you've stopped slabbing on Petrolatum (I really don't think you can be presentable at all outside of the home with gobs of Petrolatum on your face). Afterwards, the red blotchy look fades day by day, and you could use a mineral foundation and concealer to help it along.

Wow, those are pretty good numbers. How far did u space out each session?