Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Alright, I think that keeping a log will be extremely beneficial in that it will help me to establish, and more importantly, stick to a routine.

I have come a long way in the past several months in terms of knowing what I need to do, and I have learned that what I eat is not the end-all and be-all to clear skin. What I need to do is give equal importance to routine, sleep, relaxation, and food.

For a little background, my skin has worsened in the past year due to chronic stress, diet, and antibiotics. Right now my main problems are red marks and several stubborn spots on my chin and forehead that come and go.

I think that all things are connected, and so I regard this as more of a life style change that will address all potential triggers of my skin problem. Therefore the goal of my regimen is to detoxify, balance hormones, and rebuild health.

*edited* May 14, 2008

My Regimen

Food

(Based on candida-friendly, low GI, CRON, and paleo principles)

What I do not eat

• sugar
  • HFCS
  • gluten
  • wheat
  • dairy/eggs
  • shellfish (shrimp, lobster, crab)
  • trans fat
  • processed foods
  • hydrogenated oils
  • strawberries (I suspect I am allergic)
  • seeds of any kind

What I do eat *by frequency*

• organic, free-range meat (steak, ground beef, turkey, chicken)
  • low GI veggies (spinach, kale, broccoli, cauliflower, zucchini)
  • fish (salmon)
  • avocado
  • olive oil
  • almonds and pecans occasionally

Supplements/Superfoods

Morning:

• MSM
  • 1000 mg Vitamin C

Lunch:

• 1000 mg Vitamin C

Before Dinner:

• 2 capsules of Complete Probiotics (2 billion CFU of Bacillus Coagulans bacteria)

After Dinner:

• 5 mL Carlson's Cod Liver Oil
  • 50 mg Zinc

Bedtime:

• MSM
  • 1000 mg Vitamin C

Sleep

• Asleep before 10:30
  • Awake by 8:00 or 8:30
  • sleep in complete darkness

Relaxation

• meditation 20 minutes 2x a day
  • work on being more mindful
  • work on deep breathing
  • limit computer/e-mail use
  • open windows and get plenty of sunshine
  • tennis :dance:
  • bike rides, walks

Topicals

• cleanse with water 2x a day
  • use mild cleanser (free of parabens and lauryl/laureth sulfates) to remove makeup
  • powder makeup
  • egg white mask occasionally

Other

• avoid chemicals (deodorants, hair products, etc)
  • look for better alternatives
  • avoid plastic containers
  • drink at least 8-10 cups of water a day
  • drink 30 minutes before eating and 1 hour after eating
  • eat only when hungry, stop when full, chew slowly

I've been feeling pretty good lately. My sleep has been kind of off, but I do feel well-rested and rather energetic today. I think it will take some time, but I just need to get into the swing of things. I love routine and I really do thrive in a structured environment.

I've been noticing lately that I'm a pretty shallow breather because every hour or so I find myself taking a deep and gasping breath. I need to practice more deep breathing, and to remind myself, I am going to every half hour note my breathing, slow it down, and relax until I automatically and consistently breathe this way.

As for food, I've been making sure not to overeat (stop eating at the first sign of being satisfied) and I really think eating this way gives me more energy. I eat 4 times a day, but what I need to figure out is how to space drinking and eating. Upon waking, I have a large mug of tea plus a glass of water, but I have to wait 1 hour before I can then eat breakfast. Then I wait a few hours, eat again, etc. It kind of feels like there aren't enough hours in the day to space eating and drinking, but I'll figure it out.

I've been a vegetarian for about 3 years, but have been thinking for a while that I would go back to eating meat (free range, of course). Well, I have. For the past 5 days I've eaten meat once daily, and I actually feel pretty at peace with doing so. I think, though, that I am going to limit eating meat to 2x (max) weekly, and then for the rest of the week, eat fish, vegetables, and beans. I think this is a rather balanced approach, that way I am getting all of the nutrients and fat from meat while not feeling completely carnivorous!

So I've been drinking peppermint tea like 2x a day for the past couple days. I really love the taste, it's very refreshing, and I think that during the summer it will be great on ice.

Yesterday was my birthday and I had a really nice meal. However, I ate a bit too much dark chocolate, but I was feeling festive. I think for the next week I'm going to keep chocolate out my diet.

I've been doing some reading on raw milk, and it's very intriguing...I'll post more information later.

Okay, today and yesterday I've been feeling a little bit moody and stressed. Also, I've been having terrible cravings for donuts, brownies, tiramisu, ice cream, chocolate...I've even been looking at pictures of these foods on google images! Needless to say, doing so didn't help. Of course I'm not going it give in. After all, it's been about 3 months since I've had a donut and even longer since I've had Ben & Jerry's. Hopefully these cravings will go away.

So because my schedule has been a little bit off, I haven't really been able to stick to my meditation. I'm definitely going to get that going again by the end of the week. I've also decided to start taking a probiotic, 1x a day, with my afternoon meal.

Oh and I've changed my mind...I'm going to change my meat intake *limit* from 2x a week to 1x a day.

Okay, so I had a little setback today...chocolate cake (of the gross processed variety) is not my friend. But you know, I am going to look at this in a positive way. I learned that I did not feel better after falling to temptation, that I feel much better when I give in to really good quality chocolate rather than the cheap stuff, and that I have to make a decision: health vs tastebuds (not that the two are exclusive, but you know what I mean).

It's kind of funny, I have this image in my head of myself frolicking in a field with flowers, glowing with health due to my nourishing food and lifestyle habits while another version of myself eats cake on the couch and looks longingly outside. Well obviously, I choose to be outside frolicking. The only thing is...sometimes I look longingly inside at the cake.

But no more! By living this way, I am rebuilding my health so that down the road I will not have to even deal with any sort of illness (touch wood) and also I know that down the road I will not even have any cravings! I know, because I have gone through times where I literally had zero desire for sweets or pasta or whatever. I know I can get there again and I know that I can stay there!

Okay, so I'm back again today. I'm feeling kind of depressed right now, but I have a new resolve. As today is March 6th, I am aiming to be well on my way to health by June 6th (in three months). This will only happen if I follow my regimen completely, honestly, and with a positive attitude.

So now I have decided that for this first week or so I am going to log daily (despite what I had decided previously). I think doing so will motivate me to stay on track (who knows...maybe someone is actually reading this and I'd rather not admit defeat (or setbacks for that matter) in the eyes of others :cool: ) and it will help me establish and solidify my eating, sleeping, relaxing, and living habits! I think it's a grand idea as that is what I've been struggling with (sticking to a routine).

This is trial and error, but I am going to start off by planning my day ahead, then checking in the next day to relay how I did, and writing my thoughts for the day. I think this might be more effective for me than writing after the fact. I'll be experimenting with format and so forth, but here's my first attempt.

Oh and I'm going to start taking MSM again....

Friday, March 7, 2008

wake up bright and early at 6:00 am

tea/MSM/meditation

green smoothie (1/2 apple, 1/2 avocado, mixed greens, parsley, garlic, 1 tsp nutritional yeast)

hummus/celery lunch

dinner (not sure yet, but something good)

*special goal* Get in enough water (I try and I try, but I'm terrible about remembering to drink...but tomorrow I will succeed)

As I had previously mentioned, I was having trouble spacing apart my eating/drinking. On school days (weekends are more flexible) it will be like this:

Wake up: 1 cup (8 oz) peppermint tea, 1 cup water (with MSM)

7:00 am or 8:00 am (depending on the day): Eat breakfast (or drink it if green smoothie)

10:30 am: drink 1 cup

11:30 am: eat lunch

2:30 pm: drink 1 cup

4:00 pm: drink 2 cups and go for a walk/run

5:00 pm: eat dinner (yeah I know it's early...)

7:30 pm-8:30: 2 cups Jason Winters tea (it's actually one 16 oz mug, but = to 2 cups)

bedtime: 1 cup peppermint tea, 1 cups water (with MSM)

So that is 10 cups...this is an ideal day, of course, to which I am working. However, I will not get discouraged if it doesn't go exactly how it is on paper.

*special goal #2* spend only 10 minutes on the internet tomorrow (to update this)...I spend way too much time on my computer.

************final thoughts for the day*****************

I really wish I hadn't totally caved today...It was not worth it all. Hopefully, I will be able to look back on this for inspiration. I know these next couple of weeks will not exactly be easy, but I know, I have 100% confident, that one day I will be clear and healthy. I am estimating it will take about 1.5 years before fully recovering, but I will get there. I know I will.

Thoughts for today: Okay so today I got in some more water, not enough as I would have liked. I also didn't get in a green smoothie or my exercise (huge snowstorm here) but I did start off my day with a good dose of deep breathing. I know today wasn't exactly as planned, but I am considering today as the first day of my new lifestyle (even though I was following it before for a while, I really want to get this going). I can't wait to track my progress in terms of sticking to my regimen and establishing a routine (If it isn't already apparent, I love routine...and parentheses). Oh also, I didn't spend that much time on the internet and I stuck to eating what I had planned (except for a tiny bit of chocolate...last time, I promise).

Plan for 3/8/08:

up at 8:30

tea/MSM/meditation (attempting to meditate for at least an hour)

green smoothie breakfast (1/2 apple, 1/2 avocado, greens, garlic, parsley, nutritional yeast)

1/2 avocado/celery sticks/veggie soup for lunch

dinner unsure of as yet

*special goal* WATER/TEA (I am going to do it this time)

*special goal 2* Stay positive! I can easily get down, but I am doing my best to just try and remain lighthearted and silly. I gathered and typed up a whole bunch of great quotes that I am going to tape up all around my room.

Thoughts for today: Today, I woke up early and had a green smoothie. It was so delicious! All I put in was a handfull of mixed greens, 1/2 avocado, 1/2 apple, garlic, parsley, and nutritional yeast. Before, I hadn't been putting in avocado, so it was a kind of rough, harsh mixture (though refreshing). With the avocado however, it is so creamy. It really felt amazing to drink it. I was good up until after lunch (which was a veggie soup with curry and a wonderful salad with greens, olive oil, tomato, parsely, garlic, and almonds). Then I just kind of went a little overboard and ate the other half of the apple and avocado, then some celery sticks, honey (really trying not to have any), almond butter, and too much chocolate. Not going to be upset about this though, it will take time to stop the cravings. Tomorrow, I'll see how things go.

Plan for 3/9/08:

up at 8:30

morning tea/meditation

green smoothie breakfast (1/2 apple, 1/2 avocado, greens, garlic, parsley, nutritional yeast)

salad and soup

dinner unsure of as yet

evening tea/meditation/MSM

Quote of the Day: "Patience is a form of action." Auguste Rodin.

Thoughts for today: Did my meditation this morning, felt really good. I'm a bit behind with the water, not as much as I aimed for, but okay. Had my green smoothie, delicious as always, then a salad and veggie soup (this is basically just pureed greens warmed up) for lunch, then a salad and two burgers (bunless of course) of organic, free-range, fatty beef. After I had 1/2 an apple and some almond butter. I'm really craving sweets right now, but I am not going to give in because I know that it will go away.

Plan for 3/10/08:

up at 6:00 am

morning tea/meditation

1 burger (bunless) organic, free-range beef, salad, chickpeas

dinner unsure of as yet

evening tea/meditation/MSM

Thoughts for today: Today I feel really hungry as if no matter what I eat, I have this hollow feeling in my stomach. I also haven't "gone" to the bathroom in several days. I wonder what it could be. Tomorrow I'm going to really just drink a lot of water and not eat too much. I have some work to do for school, so I probably won't be asleep until 10:30 earliest and I have to wake up early, too.

A bit enthusiastic, yeah? Well it's not like the daily plan ever changes. It's just so hard to get into the routine of doing it. I have no idea why. Well, thank goodness, after this Saturday, I am free from school for 2 whole weeks! So I will get into this damn routine. Hopefully will be feeling a bit more optimistic then. Also, cravings have been a bitch.

Thoughts for today: Today I feel really hungry as if no matter what I eat, I have this hollow feeling in my stomach. I also haven't "gone" to the bathroom in several days. I wonder what it could be. Tomorrow I'm going to really just drink a lot of water and not eat too much. I have some work to do for school, so I probably won't be asleep until 10:30 earliest and I have to wake up early, too.

Okay, you know what? I am DONE playing games. I am DONE giving in to cravings. I am DONE spending hours on the internet. I am DONE obsessing over food (how it tastes, how it feels, how I need it emotionally). I am DONE living to eat!

I've never had a weight problem, but I have had a food problem. For me, food is this amazing thing that just makes me so happy and fills me with comfort. Ironically, because I eat so quickly, I never really get to appreciate food, and so I am left feeling the urge to eat all day long. But I am done with this.

Luckily, I am on Spring Break until the end of the month. Starting tomorrow, I am going to get my butt in to shape (literally and figuratively). I am such an incredibly sedentary person, it actually frightens me. I am inside all the time, and addicted to this damn computer. Well, like I said, starting tomorrow, I am going to put some order in my life and get out of the house. I am going to start walking/running every morning (Despite the fact that I'm slim, I am so ridiculously out of shape. Who would have guessed? Last year, I was running/playing tennis and in such great shape!) and taking walks into town every day. I am going to limit this computer/television use so that I actually get something productive done. And by being out of the house, I will not think about food! I want food to be a detail of my life. Not the focus of it! If it is just a detail, then I will NOT feel deprived of the foods that I know I cannot be eating. At this point, it is not just skin problems, but health problems.

I mean no wonder I have poor health (ie irregular periods, skin problems, allergies, etc). Last year, I ate so much crap (in enormous quantities) and got so little sleep that I swear I was/am in a pre-diabetic state. Fortunately, this is reversible. I mean I'm 18 years old! I should be glowing with health! Well, I am making this promise to myself: No more games, I am getting serious about reclaiming my energy, my life, myself.

Contract With Myself

I Hereby Pledge To:

• Participate in a program of regular exercise beginning on the day of March 17, 2008.
  • Eat healthful foods in reasonable portions.
  • Eat primarily to satisfy my nutritional needs rather than my emotional needs.

Signature: Tasha

Date: 3/16/08

I know that these changes will not be easy, but I also know that I am damn strong enough to make them, and that I am damn deserving of health's rewards. That's right, I deserve this. I may sound silly with all of this, and the "Contract," but it is something positive! One day, I will look back on this day as the day I changed my life.

Okay, taking it one day at a time...

Plan for 3/10/08:

up by 8:00 am

morning tea/meditation

go for a walk (I'll be running in no time!)

green smoothie breakfast (1/2 avocado, various greens, parsley, nutritional yeast)

get out of house

clean my room!!

evening tea/meditation

bed by 9:00

Hah good luck. Sound like me :) haha. So sedentary and so addicted to the comp. I really don't feel like getting unaddicted as its so much fun though ;).

Good luck, any improvements?

Hah good luck. Sound like me :) haha. So sedentary and so addicted to the comp. I really don't feel like getting unaddicted as its so much fun though ;).

Good luck, any improvements?

Eh depends ;). I really enjoy the comp, so much to do. However you are correct, being online all day isnt good.

I dont enjoy going to the beach i have bacne haha! Pretty sever at one point now its moderate.

I play guitar, go running, play on the comp mostly :). And of course study!

Hey glad you are doing well Tasha I look forward to seeing how you progress. I once did something similar, it felt great. Good luck with your progress.

Your log is a good self control motivator if nothing else.

To keep my acne under control I've had to do a lot of what you've listed on top of the DKR (unfortunately without that, I'm covered in acne). It's so hard to get the right amount of sleep, relax, avoid fatty foods, say no to chocolate, etc... but boy is it worth it when you do.

Good luck with it!

@ Sunday, yeah self control is definitely something I've been working on, but I think I've now got my motivation for it...

Okay, so last night, I finally put the pieces of this puzzle together! I CANNOT believe that for the past 6 months or so, I have been going in circles, always coming across and being led to the same things: candida, leaky gut syndrome, gluten intolerance, dairy intolerance, immune issues, insulin issues, hormonal issues, and the list goes on.

Well, last night everything fell into place. I'll start from the beginning:

When I was a baby, I had many many ear infections and was treated with just as many antibiotics. As a result and due to the antibiotics, I ended up with stomatitis, basically a viral infection similar to the herpes virus that causes cold sores and canker sores, which left me with severe bleeding of the gums and mouth ulcers. This eventually went away.

However, my whole life, I have been prone to to cold sores, and always in the same exact spot (my bottom left lip). The last cold sore I had was last May, so about a year ago. It was probably the worst cold sore I have ever experienced. Warts are frequent as well.

This cold sore came in the spring of one of the worst years of my life, filled with an insane amount of stress, sleep deprivation, and literally the worst diet imaginable: constant overeating, processed carbs at every meal, chronic dehydration, and tons and tons of sugar.

Funny thing is, I don't gain weight. I am not underweight nor overweight (115 at 5'4), but regardless of what I eat or how much I eat, my weight stays the same. That is, unless, if I start eating less, I will drop to 110.

My overeating started when I was 14 at the same time that I started eating a lot of crappy food. In the same year, my freshman year of high school, I had cold after cold, sinus infection after sinus infection. It got to the point that I ended up in the hospital for three days because the doctors thought I had bacterial meningitis. After a cat scan and a spinal tap, however, they realized that it was just a really bad sinus infection that was causing my symptoms.

Last spring, I went on antibiotics for my skin (worst decision I could have made) for about 3 months. I did not like the side effects (photosensitivity), and within a month of coming off them, my skin became worse then it was before. At this time, my period became extremely irregular.

SO...what does all of this have to do with anything? Well to recap:

-Stomatitis caused by antibiotics

-Frequent cold sores

-Frequent warts

-About 4 years of terrible eating and overeating

-Frequent sleep deprivation last school year

-Inability to really gain weight

-Sinusitis, frequent colds, weak immune system

-3 months of antibiotics leading to:

-Irregular and missed periods (it has since been 47 days since my last period)

-Food sensitivities

-Worsened skin condition

So, why did I put all of this together? Well, for the past week, more even, I have been having much more grains and wheat than I usually have (almost none). My skin has gotten worse and I have had IBS symptoms. This is also not the first time that I have noticed breakouts after a week or more of bread.

After putting all of this together, I now realize that my digestive system is completely messed up (the result of antibiotics, poor diet, stress) which has then caused my immune system to be weak (constant illness, including sinusitis, bronchitis, colds, as well as the stomatitis as a baby, and the cold sores and warts). As for my period, I chalk it down to malabsorption, the result of a messed up small intestine that cannot assimilate the nutrients it takes to have menstruation. Malabsorption also explains my inability to gain weight.

So in the end, I suspect celiac disease, or simply a gluten and dairy intolerance, which damages the digestive system causing IMMUNE issues and MALABSORPTION.

All of these problems lead to acne.

So, there it is.

I need to basically avoid gluten like the plague, as well as dairy, because that gives me problems as well. As do eggs.

NO gluten, eggs, and dairy for the next 6 months. I really have to be diligent about this, because my health is really at stake here.

To be safe, I am also going to continue with I was doing before (reduce carbs, sugar, etc).

I am going to be on a super, gut-healing, anti-candida diet.

I read that in young adults it can take 3-6 months to heal the gut and up to 2 years in older adults. So I am expecting that by the time I am 20, my health will be regained, if only I am serious about this.

In the past, the longest I would go without a cheat would be 2 months tops. This is clearly not enough time to heal the gut, nor is it a solution to gluten intolerance. I simply cannot have it for the rest of my life.

For meals, I will eat lots of free range meat including ground beef, steak, turkey, chicken, as well as salmon. I will no longer have green smoothies because of possible mold, nor will I have nutritional yeast any longer. No fruit, not even green apples and berries. As for veggies, I am going to try and start a garden. Until then, because organic produce is too expensive, I will wash the veggies vigorously and eat them only cooked. Veggies include broccoli, cauliflower, asparagus, zucchini, bok choy, celery, spinach, and other greens. Oh and avocados, which is technically a fruit, but whatever.

I will be especially restrictive for the next two months. By August, I will start introducing some veggies from the nightshade family. Then by September, I will introduce some rice.

I will also start grazing, meaning my meals will be much smaller and more often throughout the day, and I will continue to take my probiotics, cod liver oil, zinc, and C.

Okay, well I just wrote a novel, but it is my log ;)

Okay, so I have decided that the next 30 days are going to bring positive change for me.

For the next 30 days, meaning from May 15 through June 16, I am going to establish really solid ground on which to heal.

Kind of like a cleanse, but not.

Anyway, the thing is, it might seem like I'm constantly yo-yo'ing between being strict with my diet and not. But that's not the case. I mean, I am strict with my diet, in the sense that I adhere to most of what I need to do on most days. It's not that I'll binge on sugar once a week, but there will be a day where I overeat one of my meals, or I have a bite of cookie, or I miss taking my supplements.

In my previous post, I really made some ground. I don't care if I have celiac or not, but I'm going to act like I do...as well as candida and egg/dairy/soy/nut sensitivities.

When one has those those things seriously, there is no cheating. For people who are severely allergic to nuts, for instance, it's between life and death.

While that may not be the case for me, it is the case that I have suffered ill health for years and years, more so than most people my age that I know. After all, I'm the one whose always out sick with one thing or another (see previous post). Therefore, something is OBVIOUSLY not right.

So for the next 30 days, screw carbs. Screw sugar. Etc.

I am also going to start eating differently:

School days (Easy to keep this eating schedule, as my day never changes on school days)

Breakfast (6:30): Warmed up green smoothie

Mini-Meal (9:00)

Lunch (11:30): Dinner from previous night

Mini-Meal (2:00)

Dinner (4:30): Meat and veggies/soup

Mini-Meal (7:00)

Weekends will be more flexible, but basically eating every 2.5 hours with water spaced in approximately between 1.5 hours after eating and 1 hour before.

As for my Mini-Meals, they will basically be some of my lunch/dinner, avocado, veggie soup, or bone broth (excited to learn how to make this as it is very healing for the digestive system).

Oh and as you can see, I will be having my green smoothies now, but cooked! So kind of like a veggie soup...easy to digest and not hard to make.

I guess I'm not going to have too much variety in these next 30 days, but actually that's not true:

Ground beef patties

Turkey hot dogs

Beef hot dogs

Steak with lots of fat

Roast beef

Chicken

Salmon

Bone broths

Various veggie soups

Various steamed veggies

Okay, so I have decided that the next 30 days are going to bring positive change for me.

For the next 30 days, meaning from May 15 through June 16, I am going to establish really solid ground on which to heal.

Kind of like a cleanse, but not.

Anyway, the thing is, it might seem like I'm constantly yo-yo'ing between being strict with my diet and not. But that's not the case. I mean, I am strict with my diet, in the sense that I adhere to most of what I need to do on most days. It's not that I'll binge on sugar once a week, but there will be a day where I overeat one of my meals, or I have a bite of cookie, or I miss taking my supplements.

In my previous post, I really made some ground. I don't care if I have celiac or not, but I'm going to act like I do...as well as candida and egg/dairy/soy/nut sensitivities.

When one has those those things seriously, there is no cheating. For people who are severely allergic to nuts, for instance, it's between life and death.

While that may not be the case for me, it is the case that I have suffered ill health for years and years, more so than most people my age that I know. After all, I'm the one whose always out sick with one thing or another (see previous post). Therefore, something is OBVIOUSLY not right.

So for the next 30 days, screw carbs. Screw sugar. Etc.

I am also going to start eating differently:

School days (Easy to keep this eating schedule, as my day never changes on school days)

Breakfast (6:30): Warmed up green smoothie

Mini-Meal (9:00)

Lunch (11:30): Dinner from previous night

Mini-Meal (2:00)

Dinner (4:30): Meat and veggies/soup

Mini-Meal (7:00)

Weekends will be more flexible, but basically eating every 2.5 hours with water spaced in approximately between 1.5 hours after eating and 1 hour before.

As for my Mini-Meals, they will basically be some of my lunch/dinner, avocado, veggie soup, or bone broth (excited to learn how to make this as it is very healing for the digestive system).

Oh and as you can see, I will be having my green smoothies now, but cooked! So kind of like a veggie soup...easy to digest and not hard to make.

I guess I'm not going to have too much variety in these next 30 days, but actually that's not true:

Ground beef patties

Turkey hot dogs

Beef hot dogs

Steak with lots of fat

Roast beef

Chicken

Salmon

Bone broths

Various veggie soups

Various steamed veggies

The thing about the veggies is that I am really concerned about oxalates, which can hinder iron and calcium absorption.

So it seems that the veggies I will eating the most of are:

Cauliflower

Peeled cucumbers

Zucchini

Asparagus

Broccoli

Brussel sprouts

While eating fewer times a week, spinach and other leafy greens.

DAY 1

So I've been in bed with a bad cold for the past few days, and I am home from school today. I am having a lot of liquids and I am chewing my food really really well to aid digestion.

Breakfast: Chicken broth w/ chicken, celery, and some other veggies.

Mini Meal: 1 can of salmon

Lunch: Steak with a side of steamed cauliflower

Dinner: Same as lunch with handful of almonds and pecans

Snack: More almonds and pecans

Tomorrow I am going to eat less...I think today's portions were too big. I mean, they were average sized, and actually kind of small, but I want to implement more CRON...which means much smaller portions.

Maybe nothing more than 2 fists per meal (in size)? My fists are small so that should be okay.

Oh and I noticed my mouth feels a little funny. Yesterday and today I've had maybe 10 carbs...is that too little? I've heard of cottonmouth on low carb, so maybe that's what it is.