Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Harp

Probly gonna quit B5, i love my hair

I hope this post works. I'm thinking of quitting B5. I've only been on it 2 weeks, 3 days 1g, 7 days 4g, 3 days 6g. My main concern since the beginning has been hairloss. I can't figure out what's making my hair weird cause I noticed a change before I started B5. A few weeks before I washed my hair with Selsun Blue and when my hair dried it didn't feel as dense and it laid down easily. I normally have thick curly/wavy hair. Then I started B5 and really started checking my hair. I clean out the comb before I use it after a shower so I can check the hairs. At first it seemed like the normal few, but the past 2 days I've gotten about 15 hairs after each shower. Combine that with the fact that the texture is already changed and I'm about ready to stop. I'm a 22 yr old male with no family history of baldness or persistent acne, so I think I'm gonna save my hair and wait out the acne.

Its average to lose up to 100 hairs a day, but counting hairs is not a good way to judge hairloss. In addition stressing about it isnt going to help since the mind is a powerful thing. If your worried stop while your ahead. If your going to continue do so but dont look back (easier said than done).

hey adam, didn't you say you lost hair on B5 even though you took all the precautionary supplements? Reading that is what really got me concerned. Whenever I read about someone saying they lost hair I figured they did not take b complex or biotin, but you did. Are you still taking B5 even though it's making your hair fallout?

I hope this post works.  I'm thinking of quitting B5.  I've only been on it 2 weeks, 3 days 1g, 7 days 4g, 3 days 6g.  My main concern since the beginning has been hairloss.  I can't figure out what's making my hair weird cause I noticed a change before I started B5.  A few weeks before I washed my hair with Selsun Blue and when my hair dried it didn't feel as dense and it laid down easily.  I normally have thick curly/wavy hair.  Then I started B5 and really started checking my hair.  I clean out the comb before I use it after a shower so I can check the hairs.  At first it seemed like the normal few, but the past 2 days I've gotten about 15 hairs after each shower.  Combine that with the fact that the texture is already changed and I'm about ready to stop.  I'm a 22 yr old male with no family history of baldness or persistent acne, so I think I'm gonna save my hair and wait out the acne.

Hey Parks, how's the B5 working on the acne? I'm just doing 2 grams a day along with the other vitamins from now on. Some people get results with that low of a dose and hopefully I will too. It'll probably take longer. Oh yeah, how much B5 are you taking?

well, i have been on 9 grams of B5 for about two months. i was starting to lose hope in B5 because untill recently my acne only got a little better than it was before i started B5. then all of a sudden my acne cleared almost 100%. i got a delayed initial break-out, i guess you could call it, about three weeks ago and since then my acne is pretty much gone.

if you are going to start off on 2 grams of B5 a day it will probably take a looong time to get clear. you should just go 10 grams untill you're clear, then work your way down.

also i am on botchla's regimen, too. i use both products morning and night.