Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
mkayx3

Hormonal Acne?

My doctor seems to think that my acne is hormonal and prescribed me Yasmin. I tried it, but I'm such a hypocondriac and got really bad anxiety worrying about rare side effects and had to stop taking it.

Are there any signs or characteristics of acne being hormonal?

And if acne is hormonal, can you treat it with topicals, and not use a hormonal treatment?

My doctor seems to think that my acne is hormonal and prescribed me Yasmin. I tried it, but I'm such a hypocondriac and got really bad anxiety worrying about rare side effects and had to stop taking it.

And if acne is hormonal, can you treat it with topicals, and not use a hormonal treatment?

someone said hormonal acne is around the jawline and lips im not sure though. is your derm an asshole? haha

I have hormonal acne, and I can tell you that absolutely nothing would help it except hormone treatment. I have used *every* topical out there, taken accutane, antibiotics, etc.

Like you, I don't want to be on BCP because of the side effects. I decided to use a natural progesterone cream to balance my hormones. So far it is working. You can look at my profile to read my personal log if you are interested. It will be a couple of weeks before I know for sure, at the end of my cycle, because I just started the progesterone this month. Anyway, research shows that using progesterone cream has enormous health benefits, and it just helps to bring your hormones back to a balanced state. Plus, if you get natural progesterone cream, it's not man-made, it is bioidentical, and beneficial. Check out www.johnleemd.com for more info.

Read this to understand why it's important to use bioidentical hormones and not BCP:

http://www.johnleemd.com/store/chap1hbms.html

Read this for more info about using progesterone cream (check out the FAQs):

http://www.johnleemd.com/store/main_hormone_news.html

Good luck and feel free to ask me any questions about hormone balancing. Stay tuned to my personal log.

Signs of hormonal acne -- your face clears up then breaks out again, somewhat following your menstrual cycle (i.e., I break out a couple of days before my cycle every month). Also, breakout will be along yoru jawline/chin, not so much forehead/nose/cheeks

yeah hormones can be imbalanced thats why there is a lack of co enzyme a in your body that doesnt break down the food properly and it gets thrown out of your sebum glands and then the bacteria feeds off the oil. have you looked into B vitamins? (PANTOTHENIC ACID= CO ENZYME A)