Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Do you think it is a problem to use DIM if you have teen acne? From the one hand teen acne is caused by hormonal deficiencies which would supposedly make DIM the perfect remedy, however, from the other hand using DIM at this period in life maybe does have serious long-term side effects...? Are there (negative / long-term) side effects one might experience in this case?

Aren't there about 5 people trying out DIM right now? And everyone who has tried it said they were clear?

But it's about the long-term results. There is often a "honeymoon" period with new supplements where they clear people up initially, then slowly stop working or the effects lessen. A week is much too soon to proclaim anything to be a miracle.

Do you think it is a problem to use DIM if you have teen acne? From the one hand teen acne is caused by hormonal deficiencies which would supposedly make DIM the perfect remedy, however, from the other hand using DIM at this period in life maybe does have serious long-term side effects...? Are there (negative / long-term) side effects one might experience in this case?

I really don't know the answer to that, but if I were you, I would not take DIM without doing some serious research on how it might impact you. Your hormones are so important right now, you need to be careful.

@ those for whom DIM is truly working;

Exactly what DIM are you using, where did you buy it (providing the URL to the particular website would be fantastic!) and what doses are you taking?

- 200mg pure DIM tablets?

- 100mg pure DIM tablets?

- a mix with a lower DIM dose, like http://www.amazon.com/Natures-Way-DIM-Plus...s/dp/B00016WSDK or http://www.worldwidehealthcenter.net/category.php?prod=830?

Thanks for your answers!

Exactly what DIM are you using, where did you buy it (providing the URL to the particular website would be fantastic!) and what doses are you taking?

- a mix with a lower DIM dose, like http://www.amazon.com/Natures-Way-DIM-Plus...s/dp/B00016WSDK or http://www.worldwidehealthcenter.net/category.php?prod=830?

Thanks for your answers!

The Nature's Way one on amazone is the one I'm taking. I take 2 100mg pills during breakfast and 2 during diner at night around 7 or 8. Oil production has completely normalized at this point. My face looks at the end of the day like it does after I get out of the shower.

I cant wait to see how many companies copy this supplement and name it as their cure for acne.

I tried GNC and they didn't carry, but the woman said she had been having a lot of people ask for it in the past few days. She said, "what article did you read about this stuff in? Everyone wants it!" I think there may be quite a few acne.org-ers at my college.

my oil is also normal now, blackheads are pushing themselves out (weird), i cant believe how good dim works. i truly hope it lasts, only time will tell. i will buy several bottles this week-end, in case it gets sold out or something.

Im getting impatitent waiting for mine lol. Doesnt seem like many places sell it in the UK, so the place i purchased it from import it from USA, so having to wait for that. Feels like its taking forever :(

dim cant possibly work for everyone. anyone having zero results? its just to good to be true, soon we will have a dim shortage. i've even stopped taking all other supps, including taurine, and my skin is better than its been in ages.

Thanks for your answers!

I started out using Nature's Way but it has only 100 mg per 2 capsules.

Now, I'm using BioResponse DIM http://www.bioresponse.com/?gclid=CPDBv7O755ECFQgmawodfFDpeQ

I take 2 capsules a day which totals to 300 mg.

This stuff is amazing...My face is acne free...still have some clogged pores on my chin and nose (very minimal). My back is seems to be following suit as well. Soon (I pray) all I'll have to worry about is getting rid of scars.

I wouldn't be surprised if it works for ALMOST everyone, IF most people's acne is indeed being caused by estrogen overload due to environmental toxicity/xenoestrogens.

haha...

i really think i am estrogen dominant, even though i am rather young... i have basically all the signs: super painful cramps the first couple of days of you know what, my hands and feet are almost perpetually cold, other stuff i cant remember; AND just last night I had this minor tizz with one of my parents and i just started bawling. it happens a lot when i am trying to say something angrily or with too much emotion. and i take public transportation and usually have to wait at a busy intersection for 20-40 minutes a day = A LOT of car fumes.

i deff think this DIM could be a good thing...

btw murmur, your supplement, estro balance? is it basically DIM??

Fuck it, i'll order some tomorrow and see what all the fuss is about. Couldn't hurt right ;). Hopefully Diet + Dim = clear skin.

Paul25, i'm ordering it from bestherbalsolutions.co.uk - is that where you ordered it?

Fuck it, i'll order some tomorrow and see what all the fuss is about. Couldn't hurt right ;). Hopefully Diet + Dim = clear skin.

Paul25, i'm ordering it from bestherbalsolutions.co.uk - is that where you ordered it?

Yep thats the place. They are currently waiting for there delivery from USA. They told me they was expecting it to arrive anyday now, so should hopefully have it soon.

Wow guys, I just read through the whole thread and this seems very promising. I really wanna get it but before I do I wanna ask some questions (dont hurt me if some of the questiosn were already brought up :pray: ). I see that a lot of peopel are using 3-4 different things like activamune/bioresponse/nature's, im just wondering which product would be the best (in ur opinion) and what would happen if you stopped taking after ur acne has all disappeared. thx a lot guys~

edit: o and which site would be the best to get it from (i live in canada) thx agian :P

ok I bought mine today at vitamin shoppe natures way, Im goning to start out with two twice a day just to jump start things then I'll gradually start to decrease. I fit all the signs of hormonal inbalance and out of everything i tried this one really makes the most sense for me. I'm a medical esthetician and my skin means so much to my career im so sick of looking like a bumpy oily mess as the day goes on its so embarrasing. My last step was going to be accutane considering I have tried it all, but I really dont want to go that route! I think the oil drives more crazy than the acne I onder how many days before it starts to regulate? Thanks guys for everything and I will keep you posted!

Wow 20 people reading this thread right now. I haven't posted in a long while but had to get in on the DIM action! And eventho it's all love right now and I really want this to work and keep working for everyone, I have to say i'm skeptical. :doubt:

Not cos I don't believe anyone or that I don't see the sense of the biochemistry etc... It's just that over years there have been so many false dawns for me.

Even B5, the most touted supplement ever turned out to be a damp squib in my case (initial breakout was bad, then got clear for about a month and started breaking out again just when I thought I had it beaten).

So I'm going to hang tight on this for about another month and see how people are progressing. I really hope I'm wrong and I totally believe everyone who's giving it a positive review right now but I have a sneaking suspicion it really isn't going to be this simple.

i dont want to jinx this but i had this HUGE red burnt piece of skin on my forhead and i took 4 pills between dinner and bedtime last night and that mark is completely gone. i cant belive it although i really dont want to jynx this. its only been 1 night

quick question, does this heal redness?