Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Sweet man, totally happy for you.

Thanks, I really appreciate it. I really don't know what to do with myself, so much of my time was dedicated to finding a cure for my acne and I just stumbled upon this and WA LA..it's kinda strange but amazing none the less. My hair starting thinning when I was 16, since then it's stopped mostly but if this stuff helps that too I'll be sure to let everyone know.

Sie, I took before pictures about a month ago but got frustrated and deleted them. The only thing I have to take them on is my phone but I'll do my best to take clear ones and try to upload them via sprint's website. I'll post them in another day as I'm sure I'll be 100% clear by then :D

Thanks, I really appreciate it. I really don't know what to do with myself, so much of my time was dedicated to finding a cure for my acne and I just stumbled upon this and WA LA..it's kinda strange but amazing none the less. My hair starting thinning when I was 16, since then it's stopped mostly but if this stuff helps that too I'll be sure to let everyone know.

Sie, I took before pictures about a month ago but got frustrated and deleted them. The only thing I have to take them on is my phone but I'll do my best to take clear ones and try to upload them via sprint's website. I'll post them in another day as I'm sure I'll be 100% clear by then :D

Are the pics in your recycle bin? Often I forget I can restore things I've deleted.

It says that it comes from Brassica veggies, so eating lotsa broccoli and cauliflower is the same? =K

And what exactly are the risks and dosages and is it available in pharmacies?

Junebug... one DIM pill is equal to 2-4 pounds of veggies per day. They say that very few

ppl can comfortably eat that much. :)

I buy my DIM from froogle.com ... Buy from a site like Vitamin Shoppe.

Valo --- it doesnt seem like you are bragging at all! This is the place where EVERYONE understaqnds what it is like to finally see your face clear after many years. Its like removing a grusome mask after many years of wear.

Most of the time, people ask me, "What happened to you? Do you have chicken pox?" Because my skin looks so bad... Some people think I've been stung by bees (the pockets f oil swell SO large).

lol Dotty...

er...so it isn't sold in actual vitamin shoppe stores? because I really hate ordering and then waiting a million years to get it...really bursts my bubble.

Are the pics in your recycle bin? Often I forget I can restore things I've deleted.

No, unfortunately I took them on my phone :/. I'll upload them later on or tomorrow when I get some time to mess around with it.

Dotty, thanks I appreciate that. So many times I've wished it were as easy as taking off your face to reveal one with perfect skin underneath, unfortunately it's not that easy :( .

The connection I've made with sugars is this...First I'd like to stress the fact that sugars have (before I started taking dim) wreaked havoc on my face. Carbs also break me out but not to the extent of sweets like cookies,cakes,candy,etc. I tested the food connection so many times there's no disputing it with me. Because I saw such dramatic results from dim the first day and a half my confidence boosted and i started eating stuff like bread and pastries, It was scary as I didn't no what to expect. Normally after finishing a meal with high sugar content I can literally see a difference in my skin's texture and about 2-3 hours later pimples start to come up all over the place. Now I noticed the first time I consumed white bread that I noticed no difference in my face. I'll get on to the point though...after 3 days nothing, not a single new pimple has risen and I've eaten worse than I have since christmas. things just keep improving.

What I think is this, I think the blood sugar spike you get from sweets doesn't directly effect your oil glands like I thought it did. I'm pretty sure that the spike effects your hormones which in turn effect your glands. This would fully explain why you can keep your oil production/acne under control to a certain extent by limiting your carb/sugar intake, this would also suggest that diet change is no more than another way to keep the pimples away temporarily or for as long as the diet permits. Dim, for me at least, has targeted the true cause of acne and over oil production, which seems to be my hormones. So I think when your hormones are already unbalanced you are more susceptible to the effect sugar has on your hormones.

If dim doesn't work for you then It might be a sign that your acne is caused by something other than a hormonal imbalance. Perhaps dietary imbalance is a completely different disease with the same symptoms as hormonal imbalance.

This is in no way supporting the ridiculous idea that acne and diet don't have a connection, it's actually supporting the fact that it does. For me it had a huge effect on my acne so long as my hormones were imbalanced. Acne creams and antibiotics simply peck away at the symptoms of a bigger problem, dietary changes actually take it to the next level by being more direct in your approach at treating the causes of the symptoms.

As soon as my DIM arrives, I want to start researching what is causing the androgen flare-ups (or estrogen flare-ups) in the first place. There must be something that I am doing everyday that is causing the problem. I need to start researching again =P.

It could be an environmental toxin like PVC (PolyVinyl Chloride). Its soooooo toxic, but as scientists say, "America could not function without it because its in everything."). There are hundreds of warning websites about it. It might mess up the hormones. PVC is in everything: Its a plastic. Its used for bottles, jugs, plastic pipes, plastic hairbrushes, chair pieces, desk pieces, anything plasticy, heating pads, children's toys....

The good news is that PVC is so toxic that the US plans to phase it out because it is known to cause birth defects and cancers. (I just googled it and found the FDA has just issued a warning about PVC...saying not to have it in around you).

What's everyone's thoughts on just eating the cruciferous veg?

Those are my thoughts exactly. But if the pills are truly the equivalent of 2-4 pounds of veggies,. that would be a little tough to eat everyday. Although, there would be numerous benefits that the vegetables would provide that the pills wouldn't. Interesting stuff.

Which brand of DIM are you guys using? I see there are a few "patented delivery systems" which are supposed to enhance absorption. These brands seem to cost more and contain significantly less DIM. Are they worth it?

DIM also helps reduce active estrogen from the male body, promoting more free-circulating testosterone in the bloodstream. Higher levels of testosterone and lower levels of estrogen are associated with lean body mass, efficient fat-burning metabolism and low abdominal obesity.

Interesting. Looks like it could used as a body-building aid, also. That's something I could get behind if it has a multitude of uses.

Also, I remember that broccoli pills were trendy on here awhile back. People probably experienced something similar.

Which brand of DIM are you guys using? I see there are a few "patented delivery systems" which are supposed to enhance absorption. These brands seem to cost more and contain significantly less DIM. Are they worth it?

No, they're not worth it. My dim has 100mg of actual dim, 100mg of protectamins and a really low dose of vitamin E that probably isn't doing anything and it's working wonders. It was $15 from feelrite

http://www.amazon.com/Natures-Way-DIM-Plus...s/dp/B00016WSDK

Just tried uploading my pictures from sprints website, it seems they now charge a monthly fee for this service. I really despise the pigs that are starting a trend of giving less to the customers for more $$. It's really irritating...I keep seeing it every time I go out to eat. Prices are always going up and the food portions steadily down.b :angry:

What I could do is send the pics via a phone picture message to someone...I'd have to get someone's number though lol. Unfortunately that's the only thing I can think of.

DIM also helps reduce active estrogen from the male body, promoting more free-circulating testosterone in the bloodstream. Higher levels of testosterone and lower levels of estrogen are associated with lean body mass, efficient fat-burning metabolism and low abdominal obesity.

Interesting. Looks like it could used as a body-building aid, also. That's something I could get behind if it has a multitude of uses.

Also, I remember that broccoli pills were trendy on here awhile back. People probably experienced something similar.

That product you have actually is that patented BIORESPONSE. If you read carefully you'll notice that this BIORESPONSE-DIM 100mg only actually contains 25% actual DIM, therefore only 25mg.

I was trying to compare it with a product which is pure DIM like these 200mg capsules: http://youngagain.com/store/cart.php?m=pro...detail&p=51

Just tried uploading my pictures from sprints website, it seems they now charge a monthly fee for this service. I really despise the pigs that are starting a trend of giving less to the customers for more $$. It's really irritating...I keep seeing it every time I go out to eat. Prices are always going up and the food portions steadily down.b :angry:

What I could do is send the pics via a phone picture message to someone...I'd have to get someone's number though lol. Unfortunately that's the only thing I can think of.

I have no idea how to do this, but maybe you could send the pics to someone who can then upload them for you

I am wondering about that same topic. I have read that Bioresponse is "better" because it makes DIM more absorbable?

I am wondering how much 25mg of asorbable DIM is equal to 100 mg of regular DIM?

For those who are trying I3C (Not DIM, but a "version" of DIM sold as "I3C): A growing body of research showed that I3C was somewhat unstable, with a short shelf life. In addition it can induce undesirable enzymes as well as desirable enzymes as it converts in our stomach into many substances including diindolylmethane.

Again, this isnt about DIM, but another supplement like DIM. DIM, opposite of I3C, is known for its long shelf life and has no known adverse side effects.

Those are my thoughts exactly. But if the pills are truly the equivalent of 2-4 pounds of veggies,. that would be a little tough to eat everyday. Although, there would be numerous benefits that the vegetables would provide that the pills wouldn't. Interesting stuff.

Does anyone know how much 2 pounds of vegetables actually is? I don't tend to weigh my food, haha. I'm wondering how much broccoli I would have to eat.... If I blend it and make a green smoothie, it might not be that hard to eat that much.

I'm hesitant to take the pills because they all contain soy in some form, and soy breaks me out.

Edit: Apparently 1 pound of broccoli is 2 heads, so 2 pounds = 4 heads. That'd be more or less impossible to eat everyday....

That product you have actually is that patented BIORESPONSE. If you read carefully you'll notice that this BIORESPONSE-DIM 100mg only actually contains 25% actual DIM, therefore only 25mg.

I was trying to compare it with a product which is pure DIM like these 200mg capsules: http://youngagain.com/store/cart.php?m=pro...detail&p=51

This is the one i ordered and hoping i recieve it in a couple of days. Anyone who knows about DIm, does this product look a good one?

Does anyone know how much 2 pounds of vegetables actually is? I don't tend to weigh my food, haha. I'm wondering how much broccoli I would have to eat.... If I blend it and make a green smoothie, it might not be that hard to eat that much.

I'm hesitant to take the pills because they all contain soy in some form, and soy breaks me out.

Those frozen bags at the grocery store are 1 pound each. I usually eat a fairly big bowl at one time, which is around 1 or so pounds. If you put it in a smoothie it probably wouldn't be that hard to get 2 pounds a day. My suggestion is to get one of those little food scales. Costs like $5 and is really helpful. Stuff like chicken and ginger root I had no idea how much I was taking. Once you start weighing food, it's easy to eyeball how much you have.

I say mix chicken and broccoli together in the blender and make a smoothie. And to change the flavor use beef every once in awhile.