Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I was looking for a good way to exfoliate my skin once and a while. I just tried the Mary Kay microdermabrasion last night as part of a sample facial I had. It felt good and the grains were really fine (almost like sand).

I was wondering if any of you have tried microdermabrasion (home kits).

I want to know if it is safe/good to do it in the long run.

Thanks guys! :)

I was looking for a good way to exfoliate my skin once and a while. I just tried the Mary Kay microdermabrasion last night as part of a sample facial I had. It felt good and the grains were really fine (almost like sand).

I was wondering if any of you have tried microdermabrasion (home kits).

I want to know if it is safe/good to do it in the long run.

Thanks guys! :)

I had a few terrible experiences with a microderm sponge and cloth off ebay. Each time i used it (very gently), my cheeks broke out horribly for like a week and my skin turned bright red for several more. BUT, i havent read much, if any, reviews of any kind of microderm breaking anyone out like that. I guess i just have crazy sensitive skin...

I don't know sorry, but why did you quit with your oil cleansing method?

It was starting to affect my skin adversly after about a month doing it. :/

How so?

I'm a bit worried that it might be giving me blackheads but I'm loving what it has done for my over all complexion and redness.

I don't know sorry, but why did you quit with your oil cleansing method?

It was starting to affect my skin adversly after about a month doing it. :/

How so?

I'm a bit worried that it might be giving me blackheads but I'm loving what it has done for my over all complexion and redness.

Guest missyjean130

I've got a few microderms done professionally,they felt really good but they they didn't do too much to be honest.

I'd recommend a face brush,something like clarisonic or pretika. They do just as well.They say to use 'em everyday but every couple of days is about as much as my skin tolerates.

Microderms systems with their own exfoliation cream etc,have irritated me in the past.

I would be careful not to scrub off any healing or present blemishes,if your taking retinoids or anything else that might make your skin more fragile,use it way less often than it suggests.

You can even buy chemical peels off amazon.com...like 50% glycolic acid. Pretty strong stuff and will dissolve shit in your pores too.