Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Snack

About protein shakes and/or weight gain supplements.

So, according to various BMR calculators online, I apparently need a solid 3000 calories/day just to gain 1 lb/week. The problem is, I'm not getting that much from my diet (around 2500/day, unless I'm eating unhealthy) and I'm sorry to admit it but my appetite is only so big. Surely there has to be some sort of safe protein drink or weight gain supplement that can make up these extra calories I need. I'm hoping to find something that will:

A). Not break me out.

B). Provide somewhere in the neighborhood of 700-1000 calories.

C). Not be uber expensive. This one is less mandatory but still important.

Either a pre-packaged drink or something relatively simple that I can put together myself. Doesn't matter. I just want to be healthy about it.

Thanks for the help, guys!

Making a shake is probably best. If you want prepackaged one, I use to drink the protein shake by Naked.

How many calories? Right now I'm drinking one of the Odwalla ones, but it's only like 400. Grr...

Whey Isolate (NOT Concentrate)

no lactose, sweeteners added, just ion exchanged protein

allthewhey.com

nutrabio.com

^ best sites IMO

Optimum Nutrition 100% Whey Gold standard hasn't hurt me. Neither has Dymatize. (At least, I haven't noticed.)

I don't think those two are too expensive :)

Protein shakes RUINED my skin. Three years ago, I went from consuming absolutely no dairy to a great deal. I developed very large, painful pustules around the chin/jawline area, typical of hormonal acne (there are hormones in milk!).

I, myself, would like to be physically stronger (I am a male) for sport etc but I refuse to have protein shakes (because of the effects on my skin). Perhaps the dairy thing doesn't affect you?? If so, I guess you can drink up.

Just be wary.