Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I have a few pustules on my cheeks and they itch a lot. Once I pop them they aren't itchy anymore.

What could be the reason for itchy pimples? Does anyone else have this problem?

Infections sometimes just cause itching; if the itching hadn't been relieved, I'd be suspicious of you having perhaps a fungal or yeast infection. But as the itching ceased, I do not think you need worry about fungi or yeast. All sorts of things rush to the site of an infection to help fight it; the white blood cells and other infection fighters can actually go overboard with their duties and cause damage; that can be the cause of itching (Sometimes!)

I do hope you only gently 'popped' your pimples. Too forceful picking can lead to scarring. :( Please be gentle with your skin.

Yes, I get them too. And I usually itch them. (When I'm at home, which is a lot currently.) Sometimes if I use oil-absorbing sheets, my skin is also less irritated. Yet sometimes my skin is drier and they still itch. Not sure what it's from, but it is annoying.