Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
iCandy

Trying to Get Rid of Hyperpigmented Flat Scars

I have hyperpigmented scars on my lower legs from picking at ingrown hairs (I know terrible habit, have stopped).

The skin has the same texture as the surrounding skin, the only difference is that it is a slightly darker colour.

I have had two different types of peels to the area, I can't remember what type of peel it was >.< but they only made a very slight difference, if any. I now use a 2% hydoquinone cream, john plunkett's superfade cream, on and off and sometimes think it's helping but am not too sure.

I have medium/dark olive skin (fitzpatrick 3/4) and would like a peel for my legs that will really make a difference. I have not found a dermatologist that has been able to help so I'd like your advice .

Thanks! I know it isn't acne but I figured you'd have the most experience with this sort of thing ^.^

I have hyperpigmented scars on my lower legs from picking at ingrown hairs (I know terrible habit, have stopped).

The skin has the same texture as the surrounding skin, the only difference is that it is a slightly darker colour.

I have had two different types of peels to the area, I can't remember what type of peel it was >.< but they only made a very slight difference, if any. I now use a 2% hydoquinone cream, john plunkett's superfade cream, on and off and sometimes think it's helping but am not too sure.

I have medium/dark olive skin (fitzpatrick 3/4) and would like a peel for my legs that will really make a difference. I have not found a dermatologist that has been able to help so I'd like your advice .

Thanks! I know it isn't acne but I figured you'd have the most experience with this sort of thing ^.^

How about a glycolic acid peel? How big is the patch of hyperpigmentation? Maybe even a mild TCA peel would help. After the peel I used the fade creams with hydroquinone and that helped even more.

Thanks for the tips alporich ^_^

Will start using hydroquinone I use superfade creams with 2% hydroquinone so should be ok.