Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
CollegeDropout

DK's BP ingredient change?

Hi, I just received my 8oz bottles of DK's BP today, and when i smelled it I noticed that it had an odor I never noticed when using the old 4oz tubes. So I compared the ingredient with the old tube, and I noticed the second ingredient is changed from Propylene Glycolto Butylene Glycol. My question is for people that has used the old and the new, is there any difference that you noticed after using it? I have very sensitive skin so I'm afraid of putting this on my face.

on the daniel kern's product website, it still says the ingredient is propylene glycol, but the actual product bottle says butylene glycol.

I did switch to butylene glycol. After researching the two ingredients further, and speaking with leaders in the cosmetics field, I decided to make the switch. The product should be identical. The difference in the two ingredients is negligible.

I used Dan's Bp and it broke me out because of the butylene glycol. I'm sure of it because I've used other 2.5% benzoyl peroxide before with no problems. It causes cystic acne for some. check out www. makeupalley.com and search "butylene glycol". A whole bunch of stuff will come up about how it causes cystic acne.