Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Jen121

Just stop cheating...

I notice that most of you have an overall healthy/acne friendly diet. But you are still cheating!!! I know this because that's exactly what I used to do. Sneaking in chocolates, danishes, cookies, lots of fruit, breads, etc. And although my skin wasn't horrible... I ALWAYS had a pimple.

Over the past 3 weeks I have not cheated once (sworn on the acne bible). I have seen such a HUGE difference in the texture/tone/clarity of my skin.

I am challenging you all to try this... for 3 weeks... do not touch any forrbiden foods. Do not overload on fruits (1-2 per day). If you don't see a change after 3 weeks, then okay eat what you want. But at least give it a go ;)

It may be hard at first, but like Danny's thread says, the first 21 days are hard to break the habits and then it just gets better. If you can make it over that hump, you're set!

If you would like to give this a go... we can use this thread to support each other.

There's needs to be a pill that makes people not crave these things so much, lol.

I think part of the problem is meal planning though too.

Yayy Rian! :dance: Give it up and see what happens. All you have to loose is acne right?

Also you will notice how awesome you feel, mentally and physically. There is something about eating right that makes me feel in control and it is almost like therapy lol. When I cheat, I feel super guilty and it stresses me out :doh:

Good luck! I'm here to help :wub:

You know, for me the biggest problem is that not everyone in my house is on an "acne friendly" diet. If I was solely in control of what was bought and eaten, there wouldn't be anything to tempt me in my house at all, I just wouldn't buy it. But my husband loves bread, and until recently, insisted on always having milk in the fridge (until I read a website to him about everything wrong with milk, and then he poured his milk down the drain, lol). But he buys bread, and candy bars, and icecream and soda, and it's such an emotional drain to be fighting those things every single time I open the fridge, freezer or cabinet.

Chocolate is like a drug isn't it?,

I love to sit in a cafe with a cappuccino or latte and some chocolate because it makes me feel very relaxed and happy, after the endorphins rush to my brain.

Then you get zits the day after :doh:

P.s Jen I just ignore my guilty conscience then suffer the consequences :razz:

+ LiliVG my bro has the cupboards stashed with goodies and i have to ignore them,, it sucks!!

Thanks for the encouragement! I started eating an almost-paleo diet a couple of days ago - I do eat some buckwheat, and a little bit of lentils/beans, but very little sugar/carbs compared to usual. I got inspired from your success thread :)

Though, I have one serious problem: After working out, I feel like I really NEED some relatively fast carbs to recover. Today I worked out and I ate only half a banana right afterwards... Then when I got home, made some lentil soup and steamed broccoli. I felt DOWN and miserable - lied down and cried :( Not at all like I used to feel after a workout - happy, harmonic, peaceful. Sooo are fast carbs okay after a workout or is it still a no-no?

some people want to enjoy good food every once in awhile and don't want to eat like a robotic caveman, but i eat healthy as can be and it is miserable, but its worth it to some extent. i'm sure if acne had a cure not many of us would remain on this strict diet

Guest COX-2

Yeah you can't cheat.

I only had success when I stuck to tuna in water, brown rice, salad, water and vodka (made it bearable at least I could go out).

After I cleared on this I introduced foods one at a time to try.

I found for me fats (even healthy ones) are a major problem, they mix with carbs to have an anabolic effect and more sebum.

If you really want clear skin then an elimination diet has to be followed strictly. When I first accomplished it I couldn't believe it, at last I had control.

This guy pretty much controls his lifelong acne after utilising an elimination diet.

http://www.thiele.fptoday.com/ta/acnehome.htm

I completely agree. This is the first week I've completely cut out sugar, and guess who's skin is rapidly healing? I cheated yesterday and had a small breakout. It's tough to keep up, but worth it.

Yeah you can't cheat.

I only had success when I stuck to tuna in water, brown rice, salad, water and vodka (made it bearable at least I could go out).

After I cleared on this I introduced foods one at a time to try.

I found for me fats (even healthy ones) are a major problem, they mix with carbs to have an anabolic effect and more sebum.

If you really want clear skin then an elimination diet has to be followed strictly. When I first accomplished it I couldn't believe it, at last I had control.

This guy pretty much controls his lifelong acne after utilising an elimination diet.

http://www.thiele.fptoday.com/ta/acnehome.htm

Okay, absolutely no more cheating for me! So everytime I start reaching for something I know I shouldn't be, I'm going to think about how I am bound by contractual agreement.

I was wondering about this...if the holistic crew ever cheats like once a week or something. I suppose it is best not to at all and maybe you're right, cold turkey (cutting yourself off) altogether is the way to go.

I had 3 solid days going then a friend broke out the Smarties ice cream last night and put a bowl in front of me...what was I going to say? Can't be rude... :whistle:

I am really going to give it a shot though, ok...starting...now...no wait...ok now! :)

Jen you should setup a hotline like AA so when people get in a situation where they are tempted they have someone to talk them out of it and remind them of the consequences (lol).

3 weeks straight is impressive.

I was wondering about this...if the holistic crew ever cheats like once a week or something. I suppose it is best not to at all and maybe you're right, cold turkey (cutting yourself off) altogether is the way to go.

I never cheat. I would feel it as a crime against my self to cheat. Cheating is for me like saying "I want acne!".

Anyways after all these years I think I've found what works for me! Never felt improvement like the last week! :D I can reach my goal, 4 more days, and I should be clear (that was my goal 3 weeks ago to get clear on valentines day)!

Guest COX-2
I went to the "What can I eat" page, and if I ate what they guy is eating, I'd be broken out for sure with all that fruit, dairy, wheat, fruit juice, it's crazy! He must not have been very sensitive.

Okay, absolutely no more cheating for me! So everytime I start reaching for something I know I shouldn't be, I'm going to think about how I am bound by contractual agreement.

You know, for me the biggest problem is that not everyone in my house is on an "acne friendly" diet. If I was solely in control of what was bought and eaten, there wouldn't be anything to tempt me in my house at all, I just wouldn't buy it. But my husband loves bread, and until recently, insisted on always having milk in the fridge (until I read a website to him about everything wrong with milk, and then he poured his milk down the drain, lol). But he buys bread, and candy bars, and icecream and soda, and it's such an emotional drain to be fighting those things every single time I open the fridge, freezer or cabinet.

I try to throw in cheating once in a while, not because I crave it so immensely but because I'm testing if all the other things I'm doing are having any effect; eating ideally isn't that practical if your life is fast-paced and hectic. So it's kind of like doing it hard-mode but I think in the end it'll help when I find the real underlying cause of my acne because I can't imagine that we we were designed to stick on such a strict diet indef.

BTW Jen, you look freakin hot after coming off tane. (don't know how your skin was before) :wub::clap:

I try to throw in cheating once in a while, not because I crave it so immensely but because I'm testing if all the other things I'm doing are having any effect; eating ideally isn't that practical if your life is fast-paced and hectic. So it's kind of like doing it hard-mode but I think in the end it'll help when I find the real underlying cause of my acne because I can't imagine that we we were designed to stick on such a strict diet indef.

BTW Jen, you look freakin hot after coming off tane. (don't know how your skin was before) :wub::clap:

I agree - but not for the reasons you think.

I wasn't until I stopped cheating that I realised that even without eating some of my favourite foods, I was STILL getting acne. If you cheat, you always think that new acne is down to something which was on your banned list, whereas the culprit maybe something totally different.

Good luck with it guys!

I agree - but not for the reasons you think.

I wasn't until I stopped cheating that I realised that even without eating some of my favourite foods, I was STILL getting acne. If you cheat, you always think that new acne is down to something which was on your banned list, whereas the culprit maybe something totally different.

Good luck with it guys!