Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Dotty1

Has anyone taken Coenzyme A? (and seen a difference with their Acne?)

I'm reading about Coenzyme A and wondering if anyone on here has taken this and seen any improvement with their acne?

I did. Initially it made my skin much worse, and then there was some improvement, but CoA is expensive, and it just wasn't worth it.

I was looking into this and I believe it could... Basically thats what Vit B5 is right? Pantheothanic Acid? Ive heard that it is almost as effective as Accutane but it does take a couple of months to see any differences and you need to take a crazy amount like 1000mg a day... I am thinking of doing this after my tane course to help maintain oil free skin. If you do decide to try it out keep me posted with your progress :D

I was looking into this and I believe it could... Basically thats what Vit B5 is right? Pantheothanic Acid? Ive heard that it is almost as effective as Accutane but it does take a couple of months to see any differences and you need to take a crazy amount like 1000mg a day... I am thinking of doing this after my tane course to help maintain oil free skin. If you do decide to try it out keep me posted with your progress :D

I know panthothenic acid isn't coenzyme A but does it not boost the production of it...? I'm pretty sure I was reading that off a medical site.

I know panthothenic acid isn't coenzyme A but does it not boost the production of it...? I'm pretty sure I was reading that off a medical site.

Anyways, supplementing with CoA did give me noticeable results, but it was expensive, and the improvement wasn't worth it considering how expensive it was to keep taking that much CoA. CoA is expensive, even without the high dosages!