Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
sleaman

Would you consider 200g protein/day too much?

Lately I have been consuming around 200 grams of protein a day, all from eggs and meat. I am not lifting weights, but am very active. I skateboard everday for at least 2 hours, and occasionally jog and do light weight work. I just didn't know if I am stressing my digestive system too much because I heard it's bad too eat TOO MUCH protein. Any ideas? I feel fine, and havent been breaking out, so thats good. If it matters I am 6'3" 155lbs(so gaining weight would only help)

Yes, I would.

People in the past got plenty muscular without 200 grams of protein per day.

Personally I lift weights three times a week, and I'm doing great with about 115 grams of protein per day.

And I don't trust the 1 g/per pound of bodyweight thing. I've yet to see a single study that condones that amount of protein.

Yes, I would.

People in the past got plenty muscular without 200 grams of protein per day.

Personally I lift weights three times a week, and I'm doing great with about 115 grams of protein per day.

And I don't trust the 1 g/per pound of bodyweight thing. I've yet to see a single study that condones that amount of protein.

As long as you are not eating such a large ammount that you have to reduce either your fats or carbs causing your body begins to use protein as its fuel source you're fine.

It's not way to much protein if your a body builder, don't forget you need to up your calcium, vitamins and water intake to cope with digesting and expelling toxins left by absorbing protein.

That much protein per day is not required to build muscle though, and simply eating protein does not just build lots of extra muscle, you just need to make sure you had adequate protein throughout the day. Don't forget you need good carbs and some fat to keep your body in top condition to build muscle.

IMO 200 is probably too much. What you want to do is balance your meals and eat meat/eggs/other natural protein sources, this way you're sure to get adequate if not excess protein as well as loads of vitamins and minerals from the vegetables. Protein Powders often contain loads of other ingredients/artificial sweeteners etc. that definitely can't be good for you.

I don't think protein intake is something you need to worry about or keep track of so long as with every meal you have some sort of protein source. I personally aim for 40% meat 60% veggies in all of my meals.