Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Mans

Clogged Pores Sudden Flare

Okay, So I went jogging last week, I started doing it really often like everyday. I find it nice and relaxing.. And from what I've read it's supposed to be good for your skin and redmarks.

I don't have active pimples anymore for months now, but I do have some red marks.

Some info : I am using 10% glycolic acid cream that my derm prescribed to me. IT's been great the first month and she told me to continue using it.

But, Apparently I've got a FLARE UP of clogged pores I don't know what's the reason behind this! I didn't have these before I used the Glycolic acid / before jogging.

I don't know if it's the glycolic acid doing bad things to my skin or was the exercise doing this. This sucks.

and now the area with the clogged pores are all red I dunno why (because of glycolic?

What do you guys think?

It's such a pain it looks like its multiplying everyday!!!!

so I went to my derm today and told her the story.. She thinks it's because of the sun and the sweating. It aggravated my skin while being on glycolic acid. She told me to stop using any product for 3 days.

So, If anyone else is using glycolic acid products on their faces, don't go under the sun!! It'll ruin your skin. Ugh i hate this!!!!! I had good skin before I started exercising, but that exercise ruined my skin and it's frustrating! i thought Iwas helping out my skin... Oh well.

I hope these things subside in 3 days and hopefully improve from then on.

Good luck to us who suffer from f*cking acne and bad skin.

Okay, So I went jogging last week, I started doing it really often like everyday. I find it nice and relaxing.. And from what I've read it's supposed to be good for your skin and redmarks.

I don't have active pimples anymore for months now, but I do have some red marks.

Some info : I am using 10% glycolic acid cream that my derm prescribed to me. IT's been great the first month and she told me to continue using it.

But, Apparently I've got a FLARE UP of clogged pores I don't know what's the reason behind this! I didn't have these before I used the Glycolic acid / before jogging.

I don't know if it's the glycolic acid doing bad things to my skin or was the exercise doing this. This sucks.

and now the area with the clogged pores are all red I dunno why (because of glycolic?

What do you guys think?

It's such a pain it looks like its multiplying everyday!!!!

Exercise does not harm you, it is very good for the body as well as for the skin. It makes the heart pump faster to make better blood circulation. Fresh blood to the skin means better oxygen supply plus the nutrients.

It's the glycolic acid that is causing your breakouts. You would know if any topical is accepted by your skin the minute you apply it. It should not sting or make your skin inflamed.

Hope this info helps.

this has happened to me aswell, but not by using any glycolic acid or any of that.

first they just normal bumps that hurt a bit wen i touche them. now there all imflammed and it looks a bit more severe than moderate.

didnt do anytihng to them.

still i think its the fish oil thatm ade things worse. they will have to go in the bin now.

im on lymecyclin to try and take infections away, see if the inflammation goes away.

this has happened to me aswell, but not by using any glycolic acid or any of that.

first they just normal bumps that hurt a bit wen i touche them. now there all imflammed and it looks a bit more severe than moderate.

didnt do anytihng to them.

still i think its the fish oil thatm ade things worse. they will have to go in the bin now.

im on lymecyclin to try and take infections away, see if the inflammation goes away.

Henchman, Let me know if the lymeyclin does something.. I've been thinking about picking up some lymecyclin from the pharmacy and see if they would help. I've been prescribed that before...

I decided to stop using any product for a week. Just cleanser and that's it and let my skin repair itself. I hope my skin improves and is not ruined for good!

It's just so dissapointing that this happened! Just when I started exercising and eating right primarily for my skin! SO, do you guys think I should continue jogging and sweating? would that help my skin repair and get back to its before-glycolic condition?

Thanks so much you guys I really appreciate it

I suppose glycolic acid really did irritate my skin so much that it reacted so badly.