Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
rachuk

ok....duac....what can I expect??

Well.....here we go again...this must be like the 30th product I am trying for my skin. I wont get my hopes up as most other things have failed, apart from accutane which I was on 6 years ago and cleared me for those 6 years. Now, I'm suffering again, and the all he **** I have brought over the counter has not worked.

Anyway...I went to my GP yesterday, to ask if she could refer me to my derm again to get accutane, but she said no (how annoying). She...instead gave me a prescription for this DUAC?? I have only used it one night so far, and I was just wondering what I should expect?? Does it get worse before it gets better like other meds? How long does it take to see results? Is this burning/dry skin a real big problem??

Thanks everyone...I really hope this works now.

I've used it and it's a piece of poop! Even my GP agreed!

For the first 2 or 3 weeks I saw some improvement, then it just basically didn't do anything. I had it for months and it was as if I wasn't even using a product it was that useless. It irritated my skin as well (my skin is quite sensitive though).

If it's available, the best topical you can get is benzamycin gel. Unfortunately I can't get that any more because it's been discontinued in a lot of places. The only downside with benzoyl peroxide is it can turn your skin red with prolonged use.

Another good one is skinoren cream (20% azelaic acid). I use this and it's really good stuff. It can help fade red marks (its a retinoid) and some people have said azelaic acid is used to treat rosacea, so it must be quite kind to the skin.

Unlike Barmpot, I found Duac to be very effective. It's a combination of BP and clindamycin antibiotic, and it cleared me up very well for the first 6 months, although it has gradually got less effective.

I've had some redness but that could be more to do with the Retin-A than the Duac. Give it a try, it will take at least a few weeks to show any improvement....good luck!

well i hope its useful.

im using it for the first time in six months, do not wanna break out because i got the worst break out i had since like july.

need to try diff things.

hmm got worse since i had fish oil tablets.

*throws fish oil away.

Henchman....thanks for that. I'm holding up hope. I have since read other reviews on other websites and majority of people have had success with it. I just hope I am one of them!!

Like you I broke out pretty bad with fish oil too. It just goes to show, what might work for some does not work for others.

Let me know how duac goes for you. I will be applying soonmy 2nd dose of durac.

Thanks

hey i hope you have success with duac! ive been on it for over a year and find it helps. i take it,another gel thingy and the pill.all 3 together are great,but i started wondering if the 2gel products had any effect at all on my skin. i stopped applying them and a few bumps started showing up not very long after.so they do help. duac i find to help prevent spots,like stops my pores from clogging up.