Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
incognit0

Looking in the mirror before sleeping

How many of you guys have looked in the mirror shortly before sleeping and thought maybe things would look a little better the following morning? And then...so often...they don't. Yet you still have to face the upcoming day..

I mean, a lot of times I'll head for the mirror first thing in the morning, hoping a good night's sleep might have done some good. But all too frequently it's disappointing, sigh

Hi.

Well first at all, I got to say I'm from Vzla and my english is pretty basic so I'll do my best... I've been reading many stuff from this website for days, cuz I don't know, I've kinda depress, but I didn't want to register cuz, well, actually, i'm too lazy :shifty: and because of the languages and stuff, but, as fast as I saw this thread, I knew I had to do it.

There's no a single freaking night that I don't look at the mirror, just after taking a bath, pretty "arrecho" jeje I mean angry because of my red spots which are all over my cheeks, then, I apply Clindoxil (some nights when I got many pimples) or Cleanance (which is for the oil or somethin') bah, all this stuff that I apply but it doesn't work it anyway. Well the point is that, after I do that, I keep looking at my face a few minutes and I used to think all those things are gonna help me and perhaps, tomorrow I'll be better, and it makes me feel a bit happy for a lil' while, ha! well, seems like i fool myself every night, cause the next day, when I wake up and I look me in the mirror I see things are the same as the night before, and sometimes, it's even worse.

These last nights I haven't looked me in the mirror, I've felt so disgust of myself that I feel I can't do it anymore, I hate every reflexion of me and i'm starting to hate myself. Bueno, the point WAS jeje (i'm sorry I got so emo, I don't used to be like that) that yeah, your not alone, I guess there's so many people like me in here, that fool themeselves lookin' in the mirror and waiting for tomorrow things get better.

P.S: Sorry 4 the my english, I hope you can understand... Adios, Saludos a todos desde Venenzuela ;) .

Mirrors are deceiving! Lighting is deceiving!

Just use a good camera to take a picture at the same angle under the same lighting conditions once a week and compare photos, this is the only real way to monitor progress!!!

yeh always, i mean u have to though. try to get a good angle of your face, keep a mental image lol and go to sleep.

oh man, if i could eliminate all reflective surfaces in my house, i would. i think if i didn't look in the mirror so often, i wouldn't notice the blemishes on my face. i would continue to care for my face the way i normally do, i just wouldn't feel so tempted to pick at anything, or depressed because of the way things look.

I usually do, not really sure why, I guess I've still got my hopes of 'maybe everything will be gone in the morning' tuff luck on that actually happening but, hey, maybe one day I'll be lucky enough to wake up with that clear skin I've been waiting years to have back. :lol:

I'm always looking in the mirror! The mirror in my bedroom is the one I use to see how my skin is doing, I hate looking in the one in the bathroom when the sun is out, its so bright! it shows up everything worse than it is. I have one of those full length mirrors in my room and I've had to put sheets of paper at the bottom of it, as when I'm sitting in my chair and I look that way I can just see myself and I hate looking at it now, I shouldn't have to do that but my confidence is rock bottom :(

i used to always rush to the mirror in the mournings, now i hate my mirror lol even tired hiding it and not looking at anything with a reflection hoping that i would have good skin becuase my brain forgot about my problem or somthing...sadly it didnt work lol

i have alot of mirrors in my house, this is how it works

my bros room = i have clear skin

my room = skin sucks

mums room = mental breakdown

car = mental breakdown

living room = somtimes good, mostly bad

standing outside looking in my living room = pretty good

school mirror = pretty alright

bathroom = mental breakdown

reflection in things = meh alright

reflection in computers = Sexy :cool:

Yep, I know exactly what you mean. Looking in the mirror before you go to sleep, putting whatever current treatment/cream you are using on your face and hoping that your spots will be gone in the morning or at least look loads better than they do then.

I have done it all - closing the curtains before i look in the mirror, not looking in the mirror in the bathrooms at work because of the harsh lighting, not having too bright bulbs in my bedroom so my skin looks better, dreading going to stay anywhere that isnt my house because their mirrors might be under florescent lighting....

It really does suck. I often wonder what it would be like to not worry so much about your skin, to have a more 'normal' life where you dont think about what type of mirrors/lighting places have etc...