Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Cidiv

Are brown marks and red marks the same?

Well I've gotten a few dark brown marks on my face from a few pimples that kept coming back to the same spot. They've been here for 2-3 weeks and they still haven't disappeared. Are these permanent marks or will these marks actually go away or do i need to use something on them to make the disappear.

Well I've currently been using Paulas choice BHA on the face at night and then i put on a Paula's choice moisturizer. Will these products help get rid of these brown marks or do i need something else? cheers

They are different, brown marks are hyperpigmentation and will be there for some time. Red marks are caused by blood under the skin they will usually dissappear quickly compared to brown marks. Try glycolic acid peels or a night cream will help with both marks.

They are different, brown marks are hyperpigmentation and will be there for some time. Red marks are caused by blood under the skin they will usually dissappear quickly compared to brown marks. Try glycolic acid peels or a night cream will help with both marks.

Are these brown marks scars? Or will they eventually disappear?

No scars are usually like indents into the skin like dips, if these are brown marks they will just be discoloured skin. They will dissappear within time but we are talking a minimum of 6 months to see some changes. Try some glycolic acid products to speed it up.

For me brown marks are always easier to deal with... red one (blood related) take forever to go away (read: months - years). I think red marks ought to be the ones that are deeper in the the skin, brown marks are just dead or pigmentated skin that lies on top.