Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
hip-hop is life

stupid cysts!!!!!

well i have mild acne..and im on differin gel and doxy..but i still get like 1-2 big cysts on my cheeks..one after another..i dont know what to do anymore i do ice compresses and they help with pain and swelling but i need to end this problem..ive tried basically everything..if this continues i think im going to go on accutane..any thoughts or advice for me? thank you!

yes my advice to you is dont take accutane if your acne is mild. On the otherhand, if you have a history of depression in your family I wouldnt recommend a high dosage of accutane and a low doseage would probably be fine and wouldnt cause severe suicidal ideations or other horrible side effects. In other words, take a low doseage of accutane would be my advice. Of course you can do whatever you want though. I cant live your life for you

O.K, heres what has stopped me getting cysts, still have a bit of mild acne around cheeks, but havent had a cyst in a while.

I wash twice daily with :

Lynx Shock shower gel

Hibiscrub

Clearasil Ultra deep pore treatment scrub

Clearasil Ultra deep pore treatment wash

At night I use BP, quite a lot of in areas where a cyst would likely develop.

I also take a lot of zinc gluconate and Vitamin C (About 100 - 200 mg a day of zinc, and anywhere between 2000 - 6000 mg vitamin C)

I also take around 2 Psyllium husks daily.

This has really worked for me, not had a cyst in weeks now. Had a couple that felt like they were going to come up, but put a bit of tea tree oil on them and continued with this regimen and they never even made a blemish.

Hope this helps you, it certainly did for me.