Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Holly_08

Fibromyalgia and brain fog

Somewhere over yonder and once Upon a time I read that fibromyalgia sufferers can have cognitive neurological issues such as confusion and brain fog. I have symptoms of fibromyalgia altho I haven't been diagnosed. It's a problem I got because of a prior adrenal illness I was cured from. One year later I am still recovering from the loss of muscle tissue. Has anyone ever reead upon, or understand what is the relationship between the brain and the muscular system? Building muscle mass has been near impossible for me because I try to exercise, but my body can't tolerate simple yoga-like workouts otherwise it sends me into a pain, anxiety frenzy. On my good days, I have tried doing short workouts on the treadmill, just walking for 10-15 mins @ 2.5 mph--the longer I try going, the sicker I feel almost as if I'm running a small fever with no temp. change and my eyelids start drooping as if I am falling into a narcoleptic state. This is the point were the confusion and brain fog starts....

Can anyone enlighten? Doc hasn't figured out all the pieces yet....

Studies have found that Magnesium Malate can be used to help those with fibromyalgia. Patients with fibromyalgia were found to be consistantly deficient in magnesium and malic acid, but it wasn't known why. Supplementation of magnesium malate gave a good majority relief from their symptoms. Try getting some magnesium malate.

Somewhere over yonder and once Upon a time I read that fibromyalgia sufferers can have cognitive neurological issues such as confusion and brain fog. I have symptoms of fibromyalgia altho I haven't been diagnosed. It's a problem I got because of a prior adrenal illness I was cured from. One year later I am still recovering from the loss of muscle tissue. Has anyone ever reead upon, or understand what is the relationship between the brain and the muscular system? Building muscle mass has been near impossible for me because I try to exercise, but my body can't tolerate simple yoga-like workouts otherwise it sends me into a pain, anxiety frenzy. On my good days, I have tried doing short workouts on the treadmill, just walking for 10-15 mins @ 2.5 mph--the longer I try going, the sicker I feel almost as if I'm running a small fever with no temp. change and my eyelids start drooping as if I am falling into a narcoleptic state. This is the point were the confusion and brain fog starts....

Also, have you resolved the eating disorder issue? Your description sounds very much like what I was experiencing when I wasn't eating enough.

Also, have you resolved the eating disorder issue? Your description sounds very much like what I was experiencing when I wasn't eating enough.

Fibromyalgia is not a disease of the muscles but a disease of the neurovegetative system.

It belongs there with Chronic Fatigue Syndrome, Neurally Mediated Hypotension, Myalgic Encephalopaty, Orthostostatic Intolerance, Tachicarchid Postural Syndrome and Vaso-vagal depression. The link between Fibromyalgia and the neurovegetative system is as strong as the link between the neurovegetative system and the health of your mind. Mind symptoms connected to an impaired neurovegetative system are countless and include fogginess, amnesia, sight blackout, visual flashes, impaired eye sight, noise intolerance, light intolerance, attention decifit, panic, spaciness, migraine, headaches, impaired sense of direction, lack of equilibrium, conscoiousness loss, insomnia, chronic nightmares, sleepiness during the day and more.

There are things you can do to feel better.

Diet

Lifestyle

Posture

Diet wise you need more than others to have an as much nutritious as possible diet but also to avoid excesses and stimulants.

Lifestyle there are certain things you can do like avoid oversleeping, induce relaxation at night, walking everyday (even for just for 3 minutes), warm showers, don't push your body too hard and rest thorough the day, relax as often as possible.

Posture wise there are many options that helps including Alexander Technique, Feldenkrais Technique, Posturology, Orthobionomy and Active Release Technique.

Yoga is great. I suggest you to follow that path but to do very little everyday (even just 2 minutes, it's better than nothing) and to increase the minutes only when you really feel like it.

You could buy the yoga DVDs for children. The exercises are effective as those for older people but being for children they're lighter and easier. Focus more on the relaxation and balance aspects of yoga than on the exercising aspects.

Eating disorder? lol! No I don't have that problem...

I have been reccommended a high proteing diet, but my concern is that it is not enough to simply eat a lot of protein...you have to work it out in order to build muscle (I think you can even gain fat from eating too much protein and not working out, right or wrong?)....I will try to exercise even if it is just posture techniques, but it is awfully difficult, I am that weak. There was a point I needed help taking a bath. Some people end up in wheelchairs because of my condition. I am heading to the supermarket to get some protein products....any suggestions from the body builders?

You need to do only what you can do and never exceed your possibilities.

So if you can do 3 minutes a day of exercise that's good ... with time you'll become able to do more even if it is just 1 minute more a day. The idea is to allow your body to tolerate more by making it fitter while avoiding fatigue and stress from overexercizing (which in your case must be as low as exercising for 5 minutes) With time muscles growth will occurr too no matter if the intensity is low.

Perhaps its candida? I heard that it could cause fibromyalgia and brain fog, as well as a variety of other symptoms. I suggest googling candida and leaky gut. The treatment of candida usually involves the typical holistic approaches including; bitter herbs, dieting, probiotic foods, flushes and detoxs etc etc.

I suggest doing a spit test. I also suggest you look and see if you have a white tongue. To know what to look for, look up "candida albicans tongue" in google image search. THere are also online tests which diagnose you by other symptoms. If you test positive in these tests, you might want to get a apt with a naturopath.

I get the droopy eyelids and brain fog as well. I have no idea what it's from. It seems I have less of it with the more exercise I do, though I have to exercise for quite a bit of time until I hit a certain point where it can start doing me good and getting my eyelids to not be as droopy and my brain to not be as fogged. Some days it's worse than others. And I know I am low on proteins, even though I eat enough protein, I'm part hypo-glycemic apparently. Not too sure what to do about it all, or what it is, or if it's even related to what you have...