Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I know I'm posting a lot but hey...I need to get my frustration out somehow. My face is feeling itchy, itchy, itchy. Want to scratch but must...not...touch...face. Urrrggghhh. I think I'm going to go exercise now. Seems like I haven't gained or lost any weight since being off the pill. Still at 100 lbs. :dance: Don't want to go below that and don't want to go above either. Sometimes when I weigh myself, it's 102 or 98, really weird. But nothing drastic. I think all my supplements are helping to keep me healthy and keep my metabolism good. I eat so much. My family wonders where all the food go. :lol:

I'm going to give up on this bp. I don't like it at all. My face hurts again and now my whole face is flakey. Back to being really red again. :cry: I think it burned my skin like sunburn and is now flaking like how a sunburn would do. Urrrgghhh. I really wanted to like this but I think my skin just can't handle it. I was looking in the mirror and noticed my skin begin to look cracked. What Jenstar said about wrinkles came to mind. Nooooo...I'm too young for that. So I'm selling my acne. org bp to a friend that's using the bp now since she likes the regimen and going to order the nucelle mandelic acid that many of you have suggested. Joining the mandelic acid crew heheh. I'll give my face a rest for now and just wash with Dr. Bronner's soap and moisturize. Will probably put some manuka honey on my face tonight. Maybe it'll calm things down and just spot treat the zits for now until I get the mandelic acid.

Make sure you buy it from skincarerx.com. You get double the size for a fraction of the price more. Also the 10% discount code is rmn10. They will also ship it to you faster than NuCelle. I want to get 10% and 15% and experiment with both.

I also heard they won't sell you the 15% if you haven't already purchased the 10%. Don't let this put you off. I have been in contact with someone from skincarerx.com and explained that my skin is already conditioned with MaMa and they said it would be no problem. So contact them directly and explain this if you have any troubles ordering only the 15% online.

Jenstar, I should get the Nucelle Mandelic Acid Serum 10 %? And that code rmn10 is a code everyone should use?

Wildflower, I noticed that you use the Nucelle and I've heard good things about that one. Do you think the Neutrogena oil-free (combination skin) moisturizer is a good product to use with the Nucelle? I have that one and also the cetaphil spf 15. I stopped using the cetaphil because it was greasy. I have used a dove moisturizer before but don't know exactly why...I just didn't like it. Maybe because it was scented.

I guess I shoud be starting the Nucelle next week...wish me luck!

OMG, Manuka Honey I'm so glad you've decided to ditch the BP. Honestly, it's the most horrible thing I've ever used on my skin. When the skin becomes that dry, peeling, cracked, burning, red and itchy it's obviously crying out for help and it's saying, "PLEASE STOP DOING THIS TO ME!".

Mandelic acid is nothing like that! Yes, that code is correct for skincarerx.com and I would recommend the NuCelle 10% mandelic serum. Remember to go slowly with it too following the instructions I gave you earlier.

Re BCP, I was on various kinds for a period of more than 10 years including the popular Diane 35 and Yasmin which are prescribed for acne-prone skin. I have to honestly say I never noticed any BCP, periods, pregnancy, hormones of any kind affecting my skin. My acne has always been the same regardless of on the pill, off the pill, on the mini-pill, IUD, pregnant (3 pregnancies now plus a miscarriage), breastfeeding, etc. It's always been bad, regardless. So in my case, I really can't comment on what direction you should take re the pill. I just know it's extremely effective for not falling pregnant, so please be careful you don't end up with any unwanted pregnancy. Maybe try a different brand to the one you were using. But Wildflower is right, perhaps give it a break first to get your cycle and skin problems regulated.

My recommendations over the next week or so until you get the NuCelle are as follow. First, use a gentle cleanser. You said you used Cetaphil for 2 years. Your acne problem is only new. I think I read you only developed it over the past 3 months? If Cetaphil never caused you any problems, please consider going back to this. It's the best cleanser I have ever found after 20 years of searching!!! Gently cleanse and pat dry with a towel twice a day. No facewash cloths. Wait 10 minutes. Use a heavy moisturiser and the jojoba oil to get the flakes and dryness under control and the honey mask twice a week. While the dryness is extremely bad it's okay to keep applying moisturiser throughout the day on the bad bits.

This won't clear your acne but it will calm it down so you will be ready to use mandelic. Don't start on the mandelic until it has recovered from the BP onslaught as mandelic should never be used on cracked skin.

Hope this helps. :comfort:

OMG, Manuka Honey I'm so glad you've decided to ditch the BP. Honestly, it's the most horrible thing I've ever used on my skin. When the skin becomes that dry, peeling, cracked, burning, red and itchy it's obviously crying out for help and it's saying, "PLEASE STOP DOING THIS TO ME!".

Mandelic acid is nothing like that! Yes, that code is correct for skincarerx.com and I would recommend the NuCelle 10% mandelic serum. Remember to go slowly with it too following the instructions I gave you earlier.

Re BCP, I was on various kinds for a period of more than 10 years including the popular Diane 35 and Yasmin which are prescribed for acne-prone skin. I have to honestly say I never noticed any BCP, periods, pregnancy, hormones of any kind affecting my skin. My acne has always been the same regardless of on the pill, off the pill, on the mini-pill, IUD, pregnant (3 pregnancies now plus a miscarriage), breastfeeding, etc. It's always been bad, regardless. So in my case, I really can't comment on what direction you should take re the pill. I just know it's extremely effective for not falling pregnant, so please be careful you don't end up with any unwanted pregnancy. Maybe try a different brand to the one you were using. But Wildflower is right, perhaps give it a break first to get your cycle and skin problems regulated.

My recommendations over the next week or so until you get the NuCelle are as follow. First, use a gentle cleanser. You said you used Cetaphil for 2 years. Your acne problem is only new. I think I read you only developed it over the past 3 months? If Cetaphil never caused you any problems, please consider going back to this. It's the best cleanser I have ever found after 20 years of searching!!! Gently cleanse and pat dry with a towel twice a day. No facewash cloths. Wait 10 minutes. Use a heavy moisturiser and the jojoba oil to get the flakes and dryness under control and the honey mask twice a week. While the dryness is extremely bad it's okay to keep applying moisturiser throughout the day on the bad bits.

This won't clear your acne but it will calm it down so you will be ready to use mandelic. Don't start on the mandelic until it has recovered from the BP onslaught as mandelic should never be used on cracked skin.

Hope this helps. :comfort:

Hey thanks Jenstar! The Cetaphil is gentle on my skin and the Dr. Bronner's is too. I just don't need to use as much Dr. Bronner's in comparison. Dr. Bronner's soap has lavender and jajoba oil as well as other natural ingredients. It's supposed to be ph balanced for skin. It does leave me a tiny bit dry but like Wildflower said...using Dr. Bronner's with the Neutrogena BP is what's making me extremely dry. I guess I won't even spot treat with the BP. You're so right about it...it's terrible to the skin. I couldn't even last a week with it. Maybe it's made for much oilier skin, just not mine. That's why I constantly avoided it in the past. I guess I'll moisturize like you said with my moisturizer and jajoba oil plus do the Manuka mask twice/week like you said. You're such a great help...I appreciate you much. My friend had suggested an egg white and lemon mask at night. What would that do to dry skin? It sounds oil absorbing and right now I need oil. Have you ever tried it?

:dance: Yay for ditching the BP and switching to Nucelle!! :dance:

I agree with Jenstar, make sure you let your skin heal from the BP before starting your NuCelle regimen. I have a code for skincarerx that will save you 20%!!! Just type MUA20 :D

Good luck!

My friend had suggested an egg white and lemon mask at night. What would that do to dry skin? It sounds oil absorbing and right now I need oil. Have you ever tried it?

I personally don't like the sounds of an egg white and lemon mask. Never tried it though raw things tend to make me feel like gagging (especially when pregnant) and I imagine the consistency would be quite runny.

Last night I tried a mask suggested to me by JustaMomToo and I really liked it. Raw organic honey mixed with ground almond meal, ground nutmeg and fresh lemon. Remember mandelic is derived from almonds and nutmeg and lemon are supposed to be good for your skin too. I gently exfoliated my skin with it and left it on for 20 minutes. My skin felt soft and smooth afterwards.

Re Dr. Bronners or Cetaphil for a cleanser, I suggest using whichever one contains the least amount of ingredients. The more ingredients there are the more it can possibly lead to irritation. I don't know how much Dr. Bronners is but I know Cetaphil is so cheap you can afford to use more.

I have a code for skincarerx that will save you 20%!!! Just type MUA20 :D

Well done WildFlower, that's better than my code which was only for 10%. Thanks for that!

I figured, if I wanted to cure or keep my acne under control, I needed to internally take something that could control my hormones, oil/sebum, kill bacteria and heal my skin.

What do you do to control your hormones?

I figured, if I wanted to cure or keep my acne under control, I needed to internally take something that could control my hormones, oil/sebum, kill bacteria and heal my skin.

What do you do to control your hormones?

I was and am still trying Opti-zinc (60 mg, now 30 mg). I read that it would help balance out hormones and aids in the normal functioning of the oil-producing glands. It does help but not enough. Although, I have only been taking it for only a little over 2 months now. When I first initially got off the pill I also took Vitex (80 mg). I guess I didn't list that in the beginning of my log. A healthfood lady suggested it to me since I had just recently gone off the pill. I didn't have a late period when I took the vitex. I continued taking it the second month but then quit towards the end. I got my second period near the time I was supposed to. After quitting the Vitex, it's been 36 days and still no period. I think the Vitex was regulating my period and hormones to some extent. Maybe it could have helped with my acne if I took more than 80 mg :think: or it could have made it worse? Vitex usually has the effect of enhancing progesterone and decreasing estrogen levels. Estrogen is what's need to keep the androgens from causing acne not progesterone. I probably should have kept taking the Vitex even at just 80 mg. I'm kinda worried that I won't be getting my period this month. I stopped taking it because I thought it wasn't doing anything. I just recently started evening primrose oil (omega-6 fatty acid). It has been said to help with pms but hasn't been proven. I guess it's doesn't really regulate the hormones, maybe just an added health benefit for during pms. I might not continue with this...I'll look more into it. The Opti-zinc has helped me more with clearing up infections and warding off sickness. I didn't get sick at all this winter. It could be helping my skin to heal faster than it would have without taking it. Other than my face, the rest of my skin is very smooth and soft, no cuts or bruises. After drying my face with that bp, it's probably helping to heal it now. That opti-zinc may be more beneficial for men when dealing with hormones...not sure. I just know that some people have found it beneficial in clearing up acne. I've taken it for more than 2 months now and still broke out/breaking out. I won't quit on it though.

You use progesterone cream? I thought progesterone cause acne and estrogen help block the androgens that form the acne.

You use progesterone cream? I thought progesterone cause acne and estrogen help block the androgens that form the acne.

The hormone thing is more than a little bewildering to me. I've read a lot about how progesterone can help to balance the female hormones, so that's what I am starting with. I have read that progesterone causes acne and that it fights acne b/c the balanced hormones. If you Google, you can read a lot of sites that say progesterone counteracts the effects of androgens.

Just one example:

http://www.nlabs.com.au/glossary.php#progesterone

"Progesterone (cream applied topically) alleviates many cases of Acne in adult women (by counteracting the excessive production of Androgens that causes most cases of adult Acne in women)."

Now of course, I realize I'm just reading most of this on the internet and have to take it with a grain of salt, but I read enough testimony about the success in progesterone cream at alleviating acne that I had to try it!

I finished up my progesterone cream treatment for this month yesterday, so I'm praying I don't break out this month. I'm going to give it 2-3 months to see if it really has an effect. If it doesn't cure my acne, I hope it at least gets my hormones into balance and offers me the other many benefits.

I finished up my progesterone cream treatment for this month yesterday, so I'm praying I don't break out this month. I'm going to give it 2-3 months to see if it really has an effect. If it doesn't cure my acne, I hope it at least gets my hormones into balance and offers me the other many benefits.

Yes, I hope it does too! :D

I don't have anymore attachment space I guess. I'll have to create an album of my pics and upload the pics I just took this morning there. I did the bp for about 6 days and I stopped last night. Last night I just washed with Dr. Bronner's Lavender Liquid Soap and moisturized with J/A/S/O/N Vitamin E hand and body lotion. I know I'm not supposed moisturize with body lotion but my face was extremely dry. It felts so good to put on the lotion.

I woke up this morning and looked in the mirror. My face is still dry and flakey even after putting on that body lotion last night but not as bad as the day before. The bp turned my face red, made it painful, flakey and dry. The positive part about the bp was it did dry up my zits. :dance:

I don't have anymore attachment space I guess. I'll have to create an album of my pics and upload the pics I just took this morning there. I did the bp for about 6 days and I stopped last night. Last night I just washed with Dr. Bronner's Lavender Liquid Soap and moisturized with J/A/S/O/N Vitamin E hand and body lotion. I know I'm not supposed moisturize with body lotion but my face was extremely dry. It felts so good to put on the lotion.

I woke up this morning and looked in the mirror. My face is still dry and flakey even after putting on that body lotion last night but not as bad as the day before. The bp turned my face red, made it painful, flakey and dry. The positive part about the bp was it did dry up my zits. :dance:

Yippee dippee for no zits!!!!!! :D

I'd never heard of Dr. Bronner's until the other day, but there is a post about it, and some concern that it dries out your skin really bad.

http://www.acne.org/messageboard/index.php...0&start=60#

I just read on another post that lavender is an ingredient to avoid - can be very irritating. You might want to do further research on this.

I'll have to do that. From a natural healing book, it did state that applying lavender oil directly on zits would dry up the zits because lavender is an antiseptic. But yeah, I'll have to research some more about this. I haven't noticed it to be irritating to my body skin since I have used the lavender soap on my body for years and never got a rash from it. When I apply it on my face, I don't feel irritated either but I should probably dilute the lavender soap with water so it won't be as strong. Although, the lavender is already diluted with other oils like the jojoba, olive, and coconut oil. Thanks for the info Jenstar.

Jenstar...I plan to use the Nucelle only once in the evenings when I do get it. Do you think it'll be okay to do the Nucelle every night when I first start since it's not as strong as the Mama lotion? I plan to work up to using it in the morning and evening in the future.

Yippee dippee for no zits!!!!!! :D

I'd never heard of Dr. Bronner's until the other day, but there is a post about it, and some concern that it dries out your skin really bad.

http://www.acne.org/messageboard/index.php...0&start=60#

I'm so happy you're clear, yaayyyy! I guess your cream is working for you.

Hey, thanks for the info. on that. That's interesting. I do believe that the Dr. Bronner's can be drying to the skin if you use too much. I try to use just a tiny bit on my face. Especially since I haven't been putting make-up on. I wonder if it would be too drying if I use it with the nucelle. I guess I'll have to look more into it. I know the soap bar and the liquid soap are somewhat different. I'll have to research more about the liquid one since that's the one I have. Maybe I'll just use it once a day or go back to using the cetaphil.

Nucelle e-mailed me today and told me that my order is on backorder and won't be shipped for another two weeks :( I was so excited to try it too. I feel kinda disappointed right now. Any suggestions for what I could do as far as skin care for now? I might just wash morning and night with the cetaphil soap bar (for sensitive skin) and continue moisturizing with the neutrogena (combination skin) + jojoba oil. I'm kind of confused at this point as to what to do. I want to use a moisturizer with spf 15 but the only moisturizer I have with spf 15 is the cetaphil. It's a bit greasy so I don't know if I want to put that on my face.

I found this page about some info. on the lavender oil and other oils http://teenadvice.about.com/library/weekly/aatp102301j.htm The lavender and the tea tree oils sound like great products for acne.

Hey I found this page to be very informative about ingredients in products. You can look up a certain ingredients and find out if it would clog your pores or irritate your skin. I'll have to do that with all my products now. Check it out you guys http://www.zerozits.com/Articles/acnedetect.htm#inglist Lavender oil isn't on there so there shouldn't be a problem. The list basically lists ingredients that could mainly be a problem. BUT coconut oil is comedogenic and it's one of the top ingredients in my Dr. Bronner's soap. Oh noooooo! The tea tree oil soap has coconut oil as well :(

The Cetaphil products also have ingredients that are comedogenic even though Cetaphil is labeled as non-comedogenic. For instance the Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser has Sodium Lauryl Sulfate which got a 5 rating as being comedogenic and the Cetaphil Gentle Cleansing Bar has Sodium Chloride, also got a 5 rating.

After researching, now I really don't know what to put on my face and what to not put on my face. If the coconut oil only got a 4 rating than maybe the Dr. Bronner's will be better than the Cetaphil...what do you all think? The Jojoba oil is known to be able to remove make-up and anything left on the face...maybe it could take care of the coconut oils comedogency?

I just noticed that I have a lot of products, lol.

I've decided to start using my Neutrogena Fresh Foaming Cleanser. I've had this cleaser for a while now and had planned to just use it as make-up cleanser. I looked up all the ingredients and found that none of the ingredients are comedogenic or allergenic like the bottle states. This is also a soap-free, alcohol-free, oil-free and dermatologist tested. Has anyone tried this before?

I really don't want throw away all my other products so I guess I'll just use the soaps on my body since my body can handle the soaps and don't break out like how my face does.

As far as moisturizers go, I'm going to stick to my Neutrogena Oil-Free Moisture (combination skin). I didn't find any ingredients that would be comedogenic or allergenic as well. Plus it is fragrance-free, oil-free and alcohol-free.

I plan to buy the Neutrogena Oil-Free Moisture with spf 15 later when I get some money. It also won't clog pores and is non-irratating according to that "Become An Acne Detective" website.

Okay...Wildflower you're going to shrug your head at this but I made the decision to go back on Ortho Tri-Cyclen. My skin is bothering me so much and I'm desperate at this point. My dad offered to pay for accutane but I don't want to go on that because I've heard so many horror stories about that. Plus, just like birth control pills if I go off it, the acne would just return. That's what I heard.

So, I'll be doing the Ortho Tri-Cyclen with the Nucelle Mandelic Acid 10%. If I ever do plan on going off Ortho again, I hope the Nucelle will help with my acne in the future. I do want to have children someday. Only problem right now is the Nucelle won't arrive for another 2 weeks :(

Supplements: Green tea, Rainbow Light Women's One Multivitamin/Mineral, Yeast Away (acidophilus), b-vitamin and opti-zinc (30mg)

Day One (3pm): Ortho Tri-Cyclen

I was really nervous when I took the pill because I still didn't get my period yet. Prior to taking the pill I called my doc's office to ask if it was okay to take the pill without a period. She told me she wanted me to do a pregnancy test. It was just a waste of $5 because I knew I wasn't pregnant. Haven't been sexually active. Anyway, I took the test and it was negative. I didn't have any side effects that I know of. Maybe just a little bit irritable but that could be because I'm just irritable about my acne.

Day Two (3pm): Ortho Tri-Cyclen

I finally got my period. I thought I wasn't going to get it since I started the pill beforehand. I was happy to get it but not liking the feeling of the period itself :lol: I Still felt a bit irritable because of acne. I felt tired in the evening. Usually, I have a hard time falling asleep at night but I didn't that night.

Day Three (3pm): Ortho Tri-Cyclen

Got the bad news about my Nucelle not arriving anytime soon. Been disappointed with that but I don't believe it's the pills fault. Feel normal at this point.

Going to try this regimen like this for now until the Nucelle arrives:

Morning

Neutrogena Fresh Foaming

Neutrogena Oil-Free Moisture (Combination Skin)

Evening

Neutrogena Fresh Foaming

1 part ACV + 8 part Water (leave it on)

Manuka Honey umf 5+ and oatmeal mask (20 mins. 2 times/week--Tuesdays & Fridays) I like the umf 5+ more than the umf 16+. It doesn't make my face feel as itchy because it's not as strong and it also seems to work better. I think I'll just eat the umf 16+ or use it for other healings like burns, sore throats, etc.

I feel like I change my regimen a lot...I guess I have to just try different things until I find the right regimen. I hate changing so often because I know that doing so can cause irritation. But what can I do? I can't keep using a product that will irritate my face right?

Others who have tried the Manuka Honey...do you think it brings out impurities while drying up zits? I can't help but begin to think this. It may do the same thing as what the Nucelle Mandelic Acid does with causing cysts etc. for two weeks-month then start clearing up.

Day Four (3 pm): Ortho Tri-Cyclen

I know it'll take about 2-3 months to see results from the Ortho but I guess I'm impatient. Feeling good body wise. My face looks the same as it did yesterday. Although, my skin does seem to glow a bit. I think I'll have to credit that to the ACV. I think someone mentioned the the ACV is like malic acid. Well, I'm using it in place of the Nucelle for now. It's funny how right now it's like I'm putting half of the Mama Lotion (Malic Acid) on my face now and then I'm planning to use the other half later (Nucelle Mandelic Acid) instead of doing both together. For now, maybe I won't completely rid of the 2.5% bp. I think I'm just going to put a tiny bit of the 2.5% bp on the painful zits, just to dry them out instead of putting it all over my face. It's too harsh for the non-acne parts of my face. Hopefully I won't just be chasing the zits around since I'm using the ACV (all over) underneath as a preventative & ph balance.

I think I'm going to follow in Jenstar's footsteps and seek out a baby hairbrush for exfoliation. At first I thought that was a cream of some sort and didn't really think much about it. I ditched my $1 face scrub since it began to irritate my skin. I guess it isn't as great as I thought. For those who read my previous post about it...just disregard it.

Maybe my regimen will end up looking like yours someday Jenstar :lol: It seems like I'm heading that way. I'm really considering taking the fish oils too but would it effect my multivitamin/mineral? For some reason that question came to my mind.

When I washed my face last night it hurt so much. I finally stopped being in denile and came to the conclusion that my face is worst than I initially thought. Along my jawline is terrible cystic acne that's combined to form one big painful family. Urrghhh!!! What my doc told me before about doing Ortho along with Tetracycline came to mind. She's probably right about doing both at the same time. She didn't talk to me about Tetracycline the last time I went in. Maybe she figured I didn't want to do antibiotics. I've been avoiding those like the plague. Tetracycline could help to kill the existing bacteria while my Ortho kicks in and does it's job. I was about to take the Tetracycline but then I read about the side effects. That stopped me. But then, my face hurted so much, I didn't want to just do the Tetracycline without a second or third opinion plus I just wanted to get some kind of shot or have someone drain the cysts. I was complaining so bad that my mom decided to take me to ER. The doc there said that I'm on the right track with the Ortho but I needed an antibiotic to get rid of the existing bacteria. He did mention tetracycline but for the cysts he said Bactrim would work for that. Bactrim...that's a new name for me. I agreed to go on Bactrim since it would be stronger than the tetracycline and the thought of getting rid of the cysts faster made me choose it. This morning I read the side effects about the Bactrim...not good stuff at all. But a great majority of people say that Bactrim cleared them up and works great if not allergic to it. Apparently a lot of people are allergic to Bactrim. I hope I'm not.

The doc from the ER recommended for me to go see my other doc when I finnish with the Bactrim and have her decide if I should continue with it or take tetracycline or nothing. Maybe just take the birth control pills. Hopefully by then the birth control pills will kick in and do it's job. I have terrible hormonal acne. Going off the pill made the moderate hormonal acne into severe hormonal acne. :wall: My hormones went crazy. Maybe I'm just one who can't be off birth control unless I'm pregnant or going through menopause. I hear pregnancy raises estrogen levels so maybe I'll be acne-free when I plan to conceive.

Day Five (3pm): Ortho Tri-Cyclen

Still doing ok with the pill. Although, last night I think I was a bit emotional about my acne. That's what caused my mom to take me to the ER.

Day One: Bactrim

I kind of have a headache but I'm not sure if this is a side effect of the Bactrim. It could be because I'm just stressed out about the whole thing.

Regimen: Just going to wash with the Neutrogena morning and night. No moisturizer or anything else for the next 3 weeks. ER doc told me that the less products/touching I do to my face...the less irritated it will be. So, I guess I'll leave my face alone for a while. Start the Nucelle when it arrives which will be in the next 3 weeks. Cystic acne is a pain...literally!

Manuka Honey,

I read your entire log last night! Thank you for sharing all of that with us. I am sorry that bp irritates your skin so much and you haven't had much success in some of the things you have tried. I hope the oral antibiotics kick an and help you soon! I have been following Jenstarts Log and I bought Nucelle and started it a week ago. I know the doc said to not put too much strong stuff on your face but wanted to share my thoughts:

Since you are waiting for your Nucelle I would suggest a few things, if you face does start to get better and you can't wait until Nucelle comes I would:

1. Talk to Wynne first - have her look at your pics, you may not want to try anything strong on your face since it is inflammed, but she is so knowledgeable she can guide you better than most!

2. She uses Glycolic Acid. I used it before I got the Nucelle - Alpha Hydrox is inexpensive and if she says it is ok to use, you can get it at Rite Aid if you have that near you. I sometimes use Amlactin - which has lactic acid - it tingles my skin but it is so genlte, I even put on my 5 yr olds skin - it might help with exfoliation of those flakes.

3. Baby Brush when the time is right - in her signature Wynne shows you how to do that too - it helped my skin alot, but again, she may not tell you to do that considering the condition of your skin - I do it every day, but instead of using my cleanser all the time, as it is more drying, I use the baby brush with jojoba oil and or aloe vera. You may be able to use it with your honey - to help get the flakes off .

Good luck my dear, you are a beautiful girl, inside and out, don't give up hope!

Take care,

Dawn

Hey Manuka Honey!

I just read your most recent posts and see you're back on the pill as you feel it works the best for your type of acne. I know you don't like taking medications, I don't think any of us really do, but I'm glad you were prescribed Bactrim while your body is adjusting to the pill. Bactrim is a combination of two antibiotics that work well against various bacteria in your body. I was prescribed it once for I believe an ear infection or bronchitis, however, towards the end I became allergic to it. I remember telling my derm I really wish I could use that because it cleared up my skin pronto! I never had a lot of any spots at one time, however, I always had a few active, a few healing, a few almost gone. The Bactrim took care of everything. So, that should get you started on your new journey towards clear skin!

If you are finding that you have continued pain with those cysts, on the bottom of Wynne's posts, in her signature, she has a detailed list of what to do for a cyst. I like what Dwhaa suggested that you chat with Wynne as she has great experience and might be able to suggest some additional hints while you're waiting for the pill and Bactrim to kick in.

You mentioned the fish oil supplements. I've been taking them, along with vitamins, for a few years now with no problems. I don't know if you've looked through the nutrition section but I know there is a lot of buzz about anti-inflammatory diets and reduction of acne. Whether it works well I don't know, but you might want to check to be sure you're not aggravating your skin by eating highly inflammatory foods. I know you like natural, so I was thinking you couldn't go wrong by incorporating good nutrition along with the pill and any other meds the doctor might prescribe for you. Then when your skin can handle some topicals, you can attack it from yet another angle. This way you're treating it with good nutrition along with the pill and topicals, when you can.

Good luck! :)