Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
pinkunicorns

1st course accutane 1st feb-may 2008 spots come back 2nd course starting may 2009

i'm praying for you!! i hope it's just some odd spot. if you get another one soon, maybe it's not too late to just continue your course & finish out till 6 months. just an idea...couldn't hurt if you're that nervous.

i'm praying for you!! i hope it's just some odd spot. if you get another one soon, maybe it's not too late to just continue your course & finish out till 6 months. just an idea...couldn't hurt if you're that nervous.

aww hey hun well he only gave me 4 months worth and said that would be fine but if anymore come up i am going back! that one has gone down now and my body and face are clear still but i am watching LOL and esp if i get one on my face or body thats it! he did say to me come see me again if they come back!Hope your doing ok xxxx

1 week and 4 days after finishing accutane!

well all is going really well im still all clear touch wood! and skin is feeling great its still quite dry so i am still moisturizing loads! although my lips are much better only use my vaseline about twice a day now rather than about 5 times every hour LOL i have even applied fake tan and no spots and i had some bronzer and highlighter on my chest/collar bone area last nite and didnt wash it off as i went straight to bed after i had been out and no spots! i would of got tons of spots before tane by doing that! just want my skin to not be so dry now and it be perfect! im praying no more spots every day i check just to make sure LOL gotta stop being so obsessed!

I can def say i am so much happier since taking these tablets it was the best descion i ever made cant believe i sudffered for so long xxx

:)

hiya hun how are you doing?

2 weeks and 3 days since finishing and its all good still i dont use vaseline on my lips at all now! woohoo my skin is still dry so i am moisturising twice a day at the moment. all going well the flush colour has gone from my face and i dont have any hot flushes now either! will update more end of month with pics! take care guys xxx

3 weeks since finishing accutane!

all still going well my lips are fine now i never use vaseline my skin is still quite dry though and i still have to moisturise about twice a day. I applied fake tan last night coz my party is tomorrow (changed my outfit again im now going as cavegirl!!) and i have woken up lovely and tanned without any spots! miracle normally when i used to apply fake tan i would always get spots on my arms or chest afterwards which was really annoying but i have none now!

i am stll 100% clear i have had a tiny spot since finishing but it went in a few hours so all is good! im trying to not think about spots dont want to jinx them back LOL hope your all doing ok xxx

3 WEEKS 4 days post accutane

im still going well although a tiny spot came up on my jaw line and went the next day even so bit annoying but my skin is still completely clear!! i will post some new pics up tomorrow to see how its looking hope everyone is still ok xx

Well its been over a month since i finished tane and all is good! havent had any new spots and people keep saying how good my skin looks!! my lips never need vaseline now and i only moisiturise once morning and night my skin is still slightly dry but nothing like it was!! hope your all doing ok im so glad i took accutane!! xxx

Well its been over a month since i finished tane and all is good! havent had any new spots and people keep saying how good my skin looks!! my lips never need vaseline now and i only moisiturise once morning and night my skin is still slightly dry but nothing like it was!! hope your all doing ok im so glad i took accutane!! xxx

I'm so happy for u! I'm still in acutane. One month and half to finish and i still don't have any zit too since a long time. I hope i will have the same results... Lips continue to mess with me, but i now its normal. I glad too that i choose acutane. Was the best option that i made. Stay well ;)

Hey how are you? im really glad its working for you amazing stuff is this accutane!! good luck when you finish im sure it will all continue to be good!

Well a tiny spot came up on top of my arm nothing big and squeezy and nothing major but im still keeping an eye on these tiny ones that pop up every few weeks! havent had any on my face though which is great and my body is clear except this small spot! its not bothering me but if i do get quite a few more i will go back to the derm but at the moment its all good! skin is not dry anymore although im still moisturizing! every other side effect has gone and my hair is back to normal too and feels really healthy xxx

just posted pic of me at my fancy dress party so you can see my skin i am wearing makeup though so will post another pic without makeup later too i put this is my skin 2 months after tane which is a mistake it should of said a month and half post tane not 2 months!! xxx

well its been about 2 and half months i think since i finished tane now! all going well still i got one spot the other day but it only lasted a day! still im keeping an eye on if they come back lots!! skin is still clear everywhere! hope your all ok xxx :dance:

I am so glad your course has been a success for you. Yay!

awww bless you thanks babe xx

sooooo been ages since i updated!! i finished tane on may 30th and have come on here to update to say i am 100% clear and soooooo happy my skin is lush it has settled down and i havent had any spots for a while now not even the odd one think my skin was just adjusting to being off tane. my skin is not dry at all now nor is it shiny or oily i went to a wedding 2 weeks ago and even in the photos taken of me in the evening my skin is not shiny nor has my makeup slid off or caked and thats after 11 hours of makeup on!!!

i am so please! i would recommend accutane to anybody whos acne is making them miserable and affecting their self esteem as it works so well!! i still mostuise once to twice a day with aqueous cream and wash with aveene face wash gel from boots and use nothing else on my skin dont even take fish oils anymore but i think i will start them again just coz they are healthy altho i eat fish LOL

i will come back again soon to update xxx :dance: :dance: hope your all ok and everybody is doing well on tane xx

Hey everyone well unfortunatly yes im back here again :rolleyes: i went on accutane and finished my course May 2008 my skin has been amazing so glowing and clear completely! i was over the moon but then in the last 2 months i have gotten the odd spot which has gone away within a day normally but now they seem to be coming back more frequently and staying around i have even had some cyst ones under the skin the ones that hurt :cry: i am so devastated i really thought that was it for good when i finished accutane but they are coming back again.

the good side is they arent as bad as before and i dont get any squeezy pussy ones at all i may get a lumpy one but you cant squeeze anything out of it i have got hardly any on my body touch wood i do get the odd one though its mainly my face and neck and last time i saw the dermatologist who prescribed me accutane told me if i ever get another spot to come back to see him so i have a doc appointment and im going to be re-referred again as i cant put up with this much longer! i didnt go on those tablets for nothing and have to have the hassle of blood tests for nothing before so im going to go back for more to beat it once and for all i so hope he gives me another dose i have heard some people need 2 rounds for the spots to go completely.

ughh i feel so ugly again its so horrible i have a photoshoot in 2 weeks theres noway i can go looking like this :cry: so lets hope the doc refers me back and i get another doesage.

i will update more on monday after the docs it feels so wierd being back here again!! xxx

Hello, what was your dosage before? Was it a low dosage, because I heard that with low dosage acne is more prone to come back. I just started for the first time and I do not want it to come back.

Hello, what was your dosage before? Was it a low dosage, because I heard that with low dosage acne is more prone to come back. I just started for the first time and I do not want it to come back.

hiya i was on 40mg!!! grrr got my appointment with derm for 1st may now hopefully he will put me back on it! i have been taking evening primrose oil and fish oils and vitamin b supplemtns and they have def helped to dry them up and my skin does feel better no more cysts!

hope your course goes well! xx

well just got back from the derms and after alot of begging lol i got a 2nd course of it!

I saw a different derm than last time some woman who was having a bad day and was really moody and kept saying all the negatives of tane and oh you cant be on it forever etc so silly i have had like one course and got told by the other derm if spots come back i need a 2nd dose and to come back so thats what i did and she kept trying to put me off it anyways im starting it again gotta have my blood tests next tues and so should be starting my new course next weds/thurs time last time i was on 40mg for 4 months this time she put me on 50mg for 4 months hopefully it will be as good as last time and i wont get many side effects like last time but who knows as im on more this time round!

anyways ill post again when i start next week im so glad i kept a diary i can look back and see exactly what i did last time and how i felt! xxx

so got blood test tomorrow morning hopefully all being well i will be starting accutane for the 2nd time thursday or friday this week!! eekkk cant wait to be honest my skin is horrible new spots keep popping up its def not like it was before i ever took tane but i hate them anyway! cant wait for my skin to be plump and glow again you get used to clear skin once you have had a taste! im taking photos tomorrow and will post them in my gallery you can see pics of me before and after tane from last year in my gallery too xx

DAY 1

well had blood test on weds fainted lol and picked up my accutane yesterday not bad really not even 24 hours later and they had the results! so took my first pills this morning (50mg) after breakfast i exfoliated last night everywhere and slapped on the aqueous cream! i took photos too so will post them up later today! my skin is looking horrible today considering i was on accutane last year its really upsetting as my skin was clear and glowing for like 6 months grrr never mind lets hope the 50mg does it for good this time :dance:

xxx

DAY 2

Well everything is fine so far yesterday i was more thirsty and felt flu like (achey,tired,headache,tearful) but it lasted about 2 hours and passed its so true these tablets are a rollercoaster ride! today i woke up and felt achey but now im up i feel fine again!

my skin looked clearer last night already on my face,neck however a new squeezy spot poped up on my back/shoulder area i will post pics of before i took the tablets later on today for you all.

xxx

DAY 3

well i feel better today yesterday i was up and down still went to the gym and did spinning even though it was abit harder than normal as i felt weaker but nothing major! if i remember last time it takes your body like a week to get used to tane then the side effects die down ;-)

My skin and lips are drying up already im not sure if my skin will be drier because i have been on tane before and it was still dry on my body anyway before i started 2nd course i have been using loads of aqueous cream though and carmex lip treatment also using eye drops for my eyes are they are bit drier too! gosh have wedding to go to in 2 weeks hope my skin isnt too dry for the fake tan or ill look a right patchy mess haha

apart from that spots are still clearing up nicely i love how they magically disappear or flake off! had a new one come up on my neck again at the back apart from that all good xxx

DAY 4

Woke up with sore throat this morning i remember i had this last time too but it soon passed so am hoping it will again too! just gotta get through the first 1 or 2 weeks then my body adjusts to it.

my skin,eyes and lips are still dry the good thing is i have no active spots and my spots on my face have all cleared up and dried up just some red marks left now yippe i didnt get an IB last time so am hoping i dont get one this time!

still feel quite achey and stiff but im not complaining bring on the clear skin! off to the gym in a minute so will see how i cope with running and body pump! :confused:

xx